Thread: mod idea inspired from ROT3K

Default mod idea inspired from ROT3K

Hay guys. Just an idea/question.

I thought of an mod that would allow you to create a clan from the ground up with some choices in characters/names and what ever. This idea was inspired from my experiences of playing the original Romance of the Three kingdoms (before they went to hell in a hand basket). All I will share is it would be a point system to decide what you start with, family sizes, ext ext. Wont go into details because this is basically a question of what people would think of this if so, some people would consider this seriously and maybe work together to make it into a reality.

Just a heads up, I have experiences in development and have a bachelors in game development so I would prefer the create the grounds on how it would generally work and feel but of course criticism is always welcome, I encourage it! It is one of my stronger skill sets so that's why I am a little insistent on it.

I have not modded anything for total war before so I would have to do some research about it with the help of others information in the forums of course :) I have not gone any further then simply writing it up on notes and thinking how and if its possible.

Thanks for reading.

Default Re: mod idea inspired from ROT3K

Sounds very interesting. I cant wait to see what you can achieve!
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Sounds very interesting. I cant wait to see what you can achieve!
    blarg, I am just testing the waters. The game is not even released yet. So I am asking here to see what others think, there has to be some modders running around here some times so That's why I made this thread. Not trying to get any hopes up or anything. I dont want to make any real effort into this idea unless I know that it could be accomplished :P I should probably ask around other places too but this is the only one that I have started to reply/post in so I thought I start here. Ill give it a few days of more thinking and see who reply's to this.
    Last edited by sugam; 02-25-2011 at 19:32.

Quote Originally Posted by sugam View Post
    blarg, I am just testing the waters. The game is not even released yet. So I am asking here to see what others think, there has to be some modders running around here some times so That's why I made this thread. Not trying to get any hopes up or anything. I dont want to make any real effort into this idea unless I know that it could be accomplished :P I should probably ask around other places too but this is the only one that I have started to reply/post in so I thought I start here. Ill give it a few days of more thinking and see who reply's to this.
    There is quite lot that you can achieve via modding, but ofcourse its not programming something entirely new. Have you already tried the TW2S demo? If you have it installed have you already looked into the file structure? If not there is a good tool in the tools sticky, which you can use to unpack the data packs of the demo, so you can get familiar with the file structure.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

God, I just got over a stomach virus. it was bad. In the last several days, I could maybe get out of bed just to vomit. I thought I was going to die this weekend. Anyways, I have almost recovered and noticed today there is a lot of mods out and about on the demo. My only concern is the demo was a separate thing from the game so its structure might be completely different. ether way, I'll check them out and see what the mods have learned while I was off floating in the abyss. Thanks for the tip Kagemusha. I would have though more people would have responded but that's alright.

It sounds like an interesting idea :)

A way to "personalize" the faction. I wonder though; the factions in the game already have differing traits/bonuses so you can pretty much find what you want...what would the mod add on top of that?

Balance might get a little tricky as well. Most choices in games boil down to an optimal set of "must haves" and everything else just gets ignored; what ideas do you have for real choices?; how do they balance off against each other?

As an avid consumer of mods I would love to see how this works out!

PS. glad to hear you are feeling better :)
    Last edited by HopAlongBunny; 04-04-2011 at 01:22.
    Ja-mata TosaInu