Thread: A good graphics card

Default A good graphics card

I'm thinking about buying Napoleon: Total war, but i don't think my graphics card is up to the task (I think its kind of crappy). So I'm just wondering what is a good, cheap graphics card that will be able to play it on medium or at least low settings.

Default Re: A good graphics card

wat cpu type do u have now ?

new cards : nvida GT 430 1gb / ATI 5570 1gb / ATI 5670 1gb

old cards : Nvida 9800gt / ATI 4850
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/signaturepics/sigpic3889_2.gif

Blog Entries

right now i would take the Zotac 480 GTX with 1536 MB, the new version got the heat problem solved, a big pipe and 2 cooler on it.
    In most tests its far ahead and the price is fair. It might be a bit too good for a game like napoleon, but if you want fun on max settings, than this is one of the best cards around.

hello koc :)

480gtx awesome card but hot like hell in my country which is 30+c most of the time. great card if play some FPS games too !

i run 460gtx 1gb on an older c2d e8400 @ 3.8ghz. it runs napoleon smoothly. only recently, sound card got problem & keep crashing napoleon till i put in a new sound card.

i've tested ati 5570 1gb, it runs on medium setting @ 1680 x 1050 pretty well. with value c2d 7500.

hope the infos help
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/signaturepics/sigpic3889_2.gif

Blog Entries

the old version of the 480gtx was hot, the new "ADM" got a much better pipe and 2 very hard working cooler.
    I did the test, the old one did work on the limit with 86°C, while the "ADM" is now with the same "Work" down to 50-53°C.

Thats already some very hard benchmark test, i dont know any game right now, which could bring this card to that lvl.
    So, if you check the newest version, you will maybe find what your looking for.