Thread: CLAN CELTIBEROS TO SHOGUN COMUNITY

Hi all, from Celtiberos Clan:

Clan Celtiberos has realized that a lot of members of the STW community are ignoring our members and avoid joining our games.

Some time ago, we were told that this was due to some of our members spamming in the foyer.

Nobody had told us until the moment nobody played our games adn we started asking if there was a problem with us.

Knowing this, we talked about this matter in our forum, explained what spamming is and told all of our members to avoid spamming,

We thoght the community wold notice that Celtiberos Clan didn´t spam any more and take us from the IGNORE list.

Also, Clan Celtiberos members try not to speak in Spanish in the foyer, or while playing against non Spanish speakers, but you have to understand that this Clan was founded mainly in order to provide a community for those spanish-speakers who don't speak english, or just want to play the game in their own language.

From the very beginning of the Clan we hav told all of or members to behave honorabily, and those who know us know that we are a honorable Clan, and don't deserve being permanently ignored.

However, and though there has been no spamming from us for some weeks, and a real effort has been done to use the english language as often as possible, a lot of people is still ignoring us and avoids playing in our games.

Clan Celtiberos respects all the community, we ask you to respect us too. We are now 38 active members, 38 individual players, we are a respectable part of the community.

So, we kindly ask you to delete our members from your ignore
    lists, after reading this message.

If any member of the community has any complaint against some of us, please don´t hesitate and post a message in our forum at:
    http://pub40.ezboard.com/fforoce...s11660frm1

We will translate it into Spanish, so the whole clan can discuss it, you will receive an answer as soon as possible.
    Best regards, from CLAN CELTIBEROS.

I never had a problem with Clan Celtiberos people talking in the foyer or speaking Spanish. Plenty of people talk in the foyer, it's only spamming if it's really dumb or repetive. But with Celtiberos it's all in Spanish, which I only have a moderate grasp of, so it's just that much easier to ignore.

I can't really see why people have a problem with Celtiberos having conversations in the foyer when other people do it all the time. And I absolutely can NOT understand why anyone would have a problem with them speaking Spanish, it's their damn language, they can speak it if they want, THEY'RE the ones at a disadvantage anyway because they have trouble speaking English which is the dominant language on STW, and therefore I empathize with them.

So my message to Celtiberos is to maybe (I dunno (?)) take your conversations somewhere else, BUT NEVER STOP SPEAKING ESPANOL!! It's YOUR damn language, YOUR damn culture, and a few bastard Anglo-Centrists on STW have no right to constrict your free speech and take the cultural spice out of the community for everyone.

------------------
    Khan7

Well, I have no problem with them speaking Spanish, but I don't join games if I get the feeling I'm not going to understand a word that's being said during the game. Also, in one of my first competitive games the Celtiberos clan member on my side switched sides after a long conversation in Spanish with the other side, I'm assuming he was helping his friends get their honor up. I was not pleased. It's been too long for me to remember who exactly it was but that didn't strike me as honorable behavior and I have avoided playing with the Celtiberos since.

------------------
    Koga no Goshi

Why did you bring 16 Female Ashigaru? Keep clicking weather, they're only strong one week a month.
    Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.

Senior Member Senior Member ShaiHulud's Avatar

Tho I don't play multi anymore, when I did I didn't match with your clan because of the horrendous latency! Perhaps that is your problem.... not spamming.

------------------
    Wind fells blossoms, rain
    fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks
    O stranger, Go tell the Spartans that we lie here, obedient to their will.....

I recently had a 3v3 game with two Celtibero's as allies. One did not speak english, but the other spoke some, and was very good about making a plan with me in english and his clanmate in spanish. We coordinated very well in a difficult uphill battle, and got a decisive win against some good opponents. The language barrier can be a problem, and I appreciated the effort of my spanish allies to communicate with me.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

I have noticed that some of your members have stopped the spamming and it is much appreciated. I have had enjoyable games with a lot of your clan members, Matajapos, Loky, (I know i left a bunch of you out, but I am sleepy, forgive me) I am not sure why you may be having problems getting matches. Are you only playing "comp" games? This happened with Fearful Ways a while back so we decided to play mostly "friendlies" and then people started playing us again. Also, the language barrier could possibly be the problem, but not in the way you think. It likely is not the speaking of Spanish that is the problem, but may be some of your members lack of understanding English, which leads to misunderstandings. Some of the english speaking players may say something nice to one of your members and receive no reply in return. They may feel that your members are being arrogant, when in reality they just do not understand what has been said to them. This is the difficulty with internet gaming . . . so many people and languages. I applaud your clan and have found your members to be very honorable, skilled and friendly even though I have no ability in any foreign languages and even have a hard time with the one i DO speak! I hope that this will solve your problems and that everyone will give your members a chance.
    Elmarkofear
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

I'll give the Celti's my personal thumbs up! -They keep to themselves for the most part, but "the old Celtiberos" were one of the original STW Clans, and are still consistantly one of the best represented Clans at EA-Play.

In my limited dealings with them I have found that when problems do pop-up (as they do in any large Clan) the Celtiberos leaders are quick to set things right again. And as far as the language thing goes: although they have Spanish-speaking members from all over the world they are largely a Euro Clan + let's face it guys: without the European player's dedication and focus in the past year there wouldn't even be an STW community anymore, (and certainly no expansion pack on the way).

We've got a lot of down-home North American support here at the org, but the heart of STW lies in The Netherlands, in Spain, in Italy and in the U.K. + if any non-English-speakers from Europe, (including the Brits), want to talk their own language at EA-Play I don't mind a bit: it's their game after all.

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Whether it is your clan or another the important thing is to do the right thing as a player. Decent and fair players attract similar players, so Clan Celtiberos can look forward to making and meeting even more friend online now. Even if the allies can't communicate well they can still play as a team and have fun. Isn't that why we are all here?
    website for CO-OP SP Campaign is : http://www.totalwar.org/maltz/SP_Campaign/.

i'm with shai on this one, your latencies are usually 500+ so i never join your games. same goes for the lrossa clan. so it might just be that for a lot of people. the only one of you that i have been able to play with where its slow but doesn't lag out is jontychi. maybe he does something different to reduce lat.
    indeed

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

in earlier days i almost put the entire celti clan on ignore because the general trend in the clan seemed to be 'repeat everything said 3 times in a row'. you multiply that by the 3 or 4 clan members and it would truly get annoying. and i wasnt the only one noticing this. i've had one or two folks tell me, 'dammned annoying celti spam, i just put them all on ignore'.

now, i agree with elmo that this seems to have been cleaned up a great deal in the last couple of weeks. i've only seen one celti do this at all recently and we greatly appreciate that :)

as for 'foreign' languages, i could currently care less what language is spoken in the foyer. there arent enough players in there to make that much of a difference. if we had 500 folks in there, language prolly still wouldnt be an issue cause you wouldnt be able to follow a conversation in ANY language. there'd just be too much scroll.

we might have to, at some point if the expack brings back a couple hundred old players, start making more use of the secondary rooms, but that's a problem we can worry about if and when it happens.

i do applaud the leadership of the celti's for 'cleaning up the spam' also. this does make a difference.

K.

Senior Member Senior Member NinjaKilla's Avatar

I think that the problem may lie in the fact that it is differcult to identify the different members of the clan. I only remember the Celtib... part of your names. It is therefore easy to get confused and I find that it is hard to remember the name of the person that pissed me off. For this reason I tend to stay clear of all of you.

I know this is kinda ignorant, but it's the way it is. However, having seen this post, I will make more of an effort in future.

------------------
    - Our girls fall for samurai and they'll go chasing after them.
    - If the bandits come they'll cut our heads off. We'll worry about the girls later.

Hi Celtis,

Probably one of the problems is that a label is difficult to put off in this cruel society. If you clan was ever dishonourable or whatsover, people may still be reluctant to play you even if you stopped spamming, etc.

Myself I will support celtis as much as I can.

------------------
    Honour to Clan No Fear.

Visit my resource centre here!
    Evil is within us...

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

and one last note on this...thank you for posting this up here. it was a very honorable thing to do.

K.