Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some moves and shakes

Default Some moves and shakes

Just to let anyone that knows us know? does that even make sense?

Amp and I have moved to aggony clan from fear and wolves along with LadyAnn and Tempiic.

What you old fogies all doing when shogun 2 comes up reforming old clans, making new? applying to existing clans?

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Default Re: Some moves and shakes

moves and shakes needed on profile title too - unless if once a wolf always a wolf and hence no need for the sheep's clothing ;)
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

I could always leave that in to make Aggonykaptain floede paranoid or more paranoid than he already is :P

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

pumps adrenaline and other useful substances off the chart - psychological coniderations/warfare etc - femmale intuitionno doubt ;)
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

I'm reapplying to RTK. Was in it since Shoggy and I don't see myself going anywhere else. Lional is still leading it and it feels like I'm coming back home. Seems like the tenets started 9 years ago are alive and well with the new crop of Knights. I looked forward to fighting besides them as well as the old Shoggy Vets.
    Also Known As: RTKPaul
    "I dont want you to die for your country, no poor son of a bitch ever won a war by dying for his country, he won it by making the other poor son of a bitch die for his country"- George S. Patton

hey swoosh,

is gawain still around in aggony?

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Glad to hear Swoosh and Amp Mortog are still around! Good to see you too Goat, and DeathB4.
    I'll be sticking with the Hunter clan unless they close their doors. If they do, I'll probably go back to being Ronin. Good to see you guys-- hope we cross katanas soon.
    Hunter_Bachus

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysus9 View Post
    Glad to hear Swoosh and Amp Mortog are still around! Good to see you too Goat, and DeathB4.
    I'll be sticking with the Hunter clan unless they close their doors. If they do, I'll probably go back to being Ronin. Good to see you guys-- hope we cross katanas soon.
    Hail Dionysus,

I look forward to fighting on your newest version of Bacchus's Gambit.
    "I dont want you to die for your country, no poor son of a bitch ever won a war by dying for his country, he won it by making the other poor son of a bitch die for his country"- George S. Patton

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t1master View Post
    hey swoosh,

he is, although currently not active. He must to have gotten lost in the woods :D

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So View Post
    I could always leave that in to make Aggonykaptain floede paranoid or more paranoid than he already is :P
    *cough* Kapten :P

and I say leave it, its amusing to see him paranoid

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Quote Originally Posted by t1master View Post
    He is still a member, but has been inactive due to health problems and racing games.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Gawain of Orkney right? Wish him well from me please.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Blog Entries

I stick with Wolves. S2 will run on both PC´s, so i can play 2v2´s on my own. Im pretty loyal and will stick to wolves till the end. Many old guys coming back and trying S2, with some luck they will stay. Time will tell.

With 10 more years on the counter, most people got pretty old now. Someone remember "theold" there was a guy in fear, he was already 60 or 64 back in 2000.
    Time is running, with S3 we will probably playing with your kids.

It feels good to see so many old faces coming back.

I don't know yet. I've become a more competitively minded gamer since the MTW era, and it'd be nice to be in a clan that has a good grasp of organization and communication. I have no idea what the current norms in the TW community are.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crandaeolon View Post
    I don't know yet. I've become a more competitively minded gamer since the MTW era, and it'd be nice to be in a clan that has a good grasp of organization and communication. I have no idea what the current norms in the TW community are.
    The only time i ever saw the need of a good structure, was as we had to play certain tourneys, like the Clan war belt. There you did really need different teams and more than 2 player. Especially the hard settings made you train, so you did need some people to do this.

In the end there is no event which needs more than 4 player involved, this clancampaign might be interesting. If it needs mass to win it, than yes, you might be better with many player, but i dont think, that anyone with brain will really take care of something, which doesnt reflect skill.

If there are really many people playing online and the MM is used, than you cant team up with more than 4 in one team anyway.
    I have doubts, that there will be many 4men-teams are playing, maybe some 3men-teams, surely more 2men-teams and a lot more 1v1´s.

It'll be a shame if there won't be many 4v4's or 3v3's. But, is that more of an organization problem or a hardware problem?

Blog Entries

Well, in a ladder-system its logical, that you rather gain in 1v1 or 2v2, since those games are much quicker done.
    Some people will be able to get them 2 or 3 more to play a 3v3 or 4v4, but the majority doesnt have enough player to do that.

while you play 4v4 you will always spent a lot more time to finish it, than playing a 1v1, this is for many people an important reason.
    So im sure, there will be some groups who want to play big games, the question is, if this is going to happen over MM or if they just do standard games.

In the early days, there will be many lowranked player and new player will surely get themselves easy games, in some weeks things will change, if many are highranked than new player with just one star will have some good trouble. I just can guess, but i have heavy doubts, that the MM system will really work, surely at start, but later on it will be hardly working.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always wanted to join two major clans, ELITE FORCE and GREY WOLVES. Wolves never wanted me so....

So I'm now a loyal member of ELITE FORCE.

Kocmoc, what do you mean with MM? I am unsure what you mean by that. :)

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Match Making I think is what he is referring to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tempiic View Post
    Kocmoc, what do you mean with MM? I am unsure what you mean by that. :)
    Yes, sorry. MM = Match Maker.

Yeah, match maker, quick match, automatch... what's pretty ubiquitous in RTS games these days to gain official ranking. I can understand playing quicker 1v1 or 2v2 games from a ladder standpoint. But, isn't there supposed to be a point-based thingy in to reward more for larger team games?

Will use my old name "MizuTears" but about the clan i dunno really
    Just hope to see some old faces again and hopefully some good ol cav charges :D
    MizuTears

Now we have Takiyama's coming back. I wonder who else makes it back. Nice to see you back Tears.

Hey Paul, nice too see you :D
    MizuTears

Now we just need some Uglies to stop by and maybe a 7Bear7

who u calling Ugly ? heheh
    UglyJun
    never born never died 黒い山

Takiyama's never really gone away as we all still use this forum, we just a little more spread out :) Welcome back Don
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crandaeolon View Post
    Yeah, match maker, quick match, automatch... what's pretty ubiquitous in RTS games these days to gain official ranking. I can understand playing quicker 1v1 or 2v2 games from a ladder standpoint. But, isn't there supposed to be a point-based thingy in to reward more for larger team games?
    Yes, there is a point-based thing in there, but it doesnt make a difference, if you play 1v1 or 4v4. You gain more points playing with 4, but if you play 4x 1v1, its same.
    The problem is, that the clancampaign (we pointed that out in another tread) only gain points, by losing you wont lose.

I personal have doubts, that the clancampaign will be a success, maybe new player like this, but the mechanics are hardly working for us.
    While other are disappointed and kinda gave up, i still hope for quick patches to solve the problems. It would be a shame, if many new player get pushed away.
    Last edited by Kocmoc; 03-11-2011 at 11:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocmoc View Post
    Yes, there is a point-based thing in there, but it doesnt make a difference, if you play 1v1 or 4v4. You gain more points playing with 4, but if you play 4x 1v1, its same.
    The problem is, that the clancampaign (we pointed that out in another tread) only gain points, by losing you wont lose.

I personal have doubts, that the clancampaign will be a success, maybe new player like this, but the mechanics are hardly working for us.
    While other are disappointed and kinda gave up, i still hope for quick patches to solve the problems. It would be a shame, if many new player get pushed away.
    Hail Kocmoc,

I think your wrong about 4 x 1v1 = 1 x 4v4. 1v1 Victory = 20pts (Influence points).

Bonuses:
    + 5 for using Specialized Retainer
    + 5 if Victory is in province adjactent to already controlled province.
    + 1 for Every Clan Mate who participated

So not counting the other bonuses 1x 4v4 team would get: (20+20+20+20) + (4+4+4+4) = 96pts
    4 x 1v1 would be (20) + (20) + (20) + (20) = 80pts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast