Thread: Free Camera - inklusive Program - including video

Blog Entries

Default Free Camera - inklusive Program - including video

Important: This isn't tested yet due to the fact, that S2 is not out yet. Also note, that we wont take over any guarantee.

A small, but very powerful feature is the "free camera".

Standart is a restricted camera, which dont go too high in the air. The free camera lets you go up as high you want. It gives you a huge advantage over people who dont use it.

Most experienced player use it and you should do it too.

There are 2 ways to get it done:

1. the comfortable way with a little program written by <Blutzeit> His profile you can find here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/member.php?6468-Blutzeit

The program just changes a little number in your "script file": It looks like this:
    default_camera_type 2; # default_battle_camera <card32>, default battle camera: 0-totalwar 1-rts 2-debug #

The default_camera_type is standard "0"

You can download it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ope...a.exe/download

2. You can do manually by editing the "preferences.script.txt" file in notepad and chaging the line:
    default_camera_type 2; # default_battle_camera <card32>, default battle camera: 0-totalwar 1-rts 2-debug #

If you dont want to use the program, its easy done manually, you can change it back anytime.

Last edited by Kocmoc; 03-21-2011 at 11:22.

<code>ninja</code> Clan Nikodil's Avatar

Default Re: Free Camera - includes a quick programm

Here's a screenshot of the app:

Some additional notes:
    - The utility should work with all steam-based TWs (ETW/NTW/TWS2)
    - Editing preferences from within TW will overwrite camera settings.
    Last edited by Nikodil; 03-17-2011 at 21:32.

Oh consciousness of shogun forums, how can i get this to work? I tried it several times but i just can't get the unrestricted camera to work...:/

Hello Jevanko and welcome to the Org.

Alas, I didn't even know such a "free camera" existed, so I can't be of help with that. Is the problem that the camera isn't "free" after installing/making the change, or is something else happening?
    This space intentionally left blank

Thanks for the welcome:)))
    The problem is that i use the program, change from normal to unrestricted in the program, but then when i go ingame, nothing changed and i can't scroll out further then I used to be able to..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jevanko View Post
    Oh consciousness of shogun forums, how can i get this to work? I tried it several times but i just can't get the unrestricted camera to work...:/

Well, its pretty good explained in the first post. I cant add much more than this. The program is easy to use and you dont need to know anything.
    Use it, activate it, done.

Alas, I didn't even know such a "free camera" existed, so I can't be of help with that. Is the problem that the camera isn't "free" after installing/making the change, or is something else happening?
    If you install the game, the standard camera is restricted. In the video you can see what a restricted camera looks like and also how the "free" camera is working.
    Everyone playing with restricted camera is doomed! It is a huge advance to have free camera and all you have to chance is a number.

Hi,

I've equipped STW2 online over steam, so I dont have that creative assebly file

the only preference files I have are these benchmark files

but there are also .bat files, in them i could find this: " %AppData%\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts\preferences.script.txt"

but this i couldnt find in my explorer

The preferences.script.txt doesn't exist on my system, the downloadable programm can't find it, so it can't be customized

is there anyone out there with the same problem?

I WANT THAT FREE CAMERA :D

Please help! :(