Thread: Problems with install? - Steam download even with you having DVD?!? - read up

Blog Entries

Default Problems with install? - Steam download even with you having DVD?!? - read up

Im sure tons of people will have the same problem.

You have the demo of your steamaccount, bought DVD and now you try to install it, but STEAM starts a download.

Now this problem is caused by the demo you have on your account and the Autostart function of your Computer.
    Just go manually on your DVD-drive and start the install from there manually.

Thats it! After install you go online on steam and get the patch.

Koc

Default Re: Problems with install? - Steam download even with you having DVD?!? - read up

Thanks Mike Illl bear that in mind if my dvd has arrived when I get back from work today.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Problems with install? - Steam download even with you having DVD?!? - read up

There is a patch already?

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

there's always a patch already and they got exponentially bigger since rome :P

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

I just got the game a couple days ago. Had trouble with Steam at first (apparently I already had an account, but forgot the password...and the secret answer...and it wouldn't let me reset it, so I wasted probably an hour making a new Steam account), and then installing the game took a friggin 45 minutes even on my 8-core 8gb RAM machine (holy cow, big game!) and then, to add insult to injury, had to download the latest TEN GIGABYTE friggin patch. Urg. Took another 30 minutes. Game runs perfectly but geez.