Thread: First MP impression

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default First MP impression

edit: After one day, CA came along with a quick patch, which solved many of the problems i wrote (you can read below).
    For the sake of fairplay, CA was insane fast. If they continue to work this way, we will face a good time.

Right now, you can play teamgames, mostly it works, there are still some freezes and crashes, but a lot less than the first day!

One word i did repeat yesterday evening a few times was: Disaster!
    At one point i was about to go berserk, but here comes the full story.

1. Changing settings still crush my game, so i cant lower clouds or change anything, game keeps crashing

2. Making a team with 2 or 3 people (i doubt with 4 it will be any better) is a complete disaster.
    We crashed full time. If it ever start, than you sit there in the Setup-screen and the game doesnt start!
    Since all get the "invalid Army" message. But you can check what who spent, its a bug, this message show up, even if all just sit there with the general!
    This makes you reset your game hard, since you cant leave this screen.
    We spent 3 hours and managed to play twice a 2v2, the rest of this 3 hours we crashed fulltime. Its annoying, its broken, its terrible done.

3. Disconnects happen a lot, player drop from the game, the game doesnt start. Your stuck to on the field with the black screen telling you its loading or waiting for other, than suddenly it shut off and its over.

4. After battles i see unitstatistics and to get out of the screen the left-side icon is greyed out and dont work at all.
    Esc seems to work, at least it did a few times.

5. The Clancampaign-challange is (as expected) very dubious, noone will care right now about it anyway, people want to unlock maps in the first place.

In the name of fairness, the 1v1 Matchmaker works good. The games start, and you dont got crashes so far.
    Hosting battles the normal way works also, we had just one test, but it worked. But with so many lvl1 people out there, noone join a game where they see an average of 4 or 5 stars... which is disappointing.

Summary. If you want to play MP right now, play 1v1 and use the MM, this is the only way to enjoy the game online, forget about the rest and dont think about to play as team. This needs a patch/fix.

Im sure, after 1 or 2 weeks with people having anything unlocked, we will see more hosted battles and we will probably end like other TW versions, with hosting and joining the normal way. Unless CA get the MM working properly for teams.

I want to add, that many people we played yesterday was highly frustrated, most was pretty much annoyed from all the crashes and bugs.
    We got a bad start and i hope, that we dont lose too many new players.
    Last edited by Kocmoc; 03-17-2011 at 12:26.

Default Re: First MP impression

So, would the best way to unlock stuff be playing loads of 1vs1 MM games under a clan? I understand clanmembers can get some kind of skillupgrades that no one else can...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crandaeolon View Post
    So, would the best way to unlock stuff be playing loads of 1vs1 MM games under a clan? I understand clanmembers can get some kind of skillupgrades that no one else can...
    weird, i did answer already, but it did disappear.

At some point you can do that and use clanskills, yes. You need first vets and than you need to bring them to a certain lvl. Those upgrades you can only apply if your veteran is at least lvl 4 (i hope im not wrong).
    This said, in the early start it wont make any difference at all.

Also, im not even sure, if you want to pay for these upgrades, they are expensive and it will cost you a lot.

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crandaeolon View Post
    So, would the best way to unlock stuff be playing loads of 1vs1 MM games under a clan?
    hi Cranda,

Yes, yes. If you are not a member you won't be able to play on MP clan campaign maps on the first place. Of course you can create a one member clan and play like that, but arguably you won't have much of chance to win territories that way.
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

so it's similar to the last few releases in terms of stability and connectivity and bugs upon release. community pays to beta test? please post if it gets better kocmoc. :)

are you "wait and see" too t1master?
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

big time, especially since i'm pretty sure i'm pushing the bottom end of the required min specs. i'll probably need a partial hardware upgrade to play, but i'm not going to do it, if the game doesn't warrant it.