Thread: TWS2 MP Guides

Default TWS2 MP Guides

Kocmoc has created a collection of useful guides for TWS2 MP, which can be found here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forum...hp?339-TWS2-MP
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: STW MP Guides

Thanks for sticking this Ducky.

Blog Entries

I keep working on it, any idea or advice is more than welcome, so feel free to add your ideas.

Please keep in mind, that these guides are mostly for the pretty new player, while many of the oldtimer here will know that already.
    The intention is, to give new player some infos to make as many of them staying online.

Thanks guys!

Looks good so far :) nice job
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Thank you Kocmoc!

I don't MP but I sift through the stuff you post here :)

Unit value and controls; matching; hiding in the woods :p; it's all very useful in SP
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HopAlongBunny View Post
    Thank you Kocmoc!

I don't MP but I sift through the stuff you post here :)

Unit value and controls; matching; hiding in the woods :p; it's all very useful in SP
    Its always good to see, that people can make some use out of that treads. And of course, many things are also useable in SP, especially certain unit behavior.
    Controlling is something most people dont care too much while playing SP, especially as you can stop or slow down the battle.

I still see huge effects while playing SP, especially with bows and how effective woods are.
    Its also funny to see how the AI works each battle. The AI is bad and actual can be outplayed pretty easy.

I did some tests during my campaign and one funny thing is, that the AI "forget" the units, once they are hidden, at least this is my impression.
    You can move some cavs on the field into woods and hide them there, the AI dont act. Once the units are hiding, its like they are not there anymore.

Actual the AI gets really "Surprised". From a tactical campaign POV, you need some cav pretty quick. You always can take out the enemy archer with those hiding cavs.
    Its amazing. The AI dont hold units back to cover the bows and also the bows dont move closer.