Thread: Qouple questions

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension ForVictory's Avatar

Default Qouple questions

Does STW2 have free upkeep units like MTW2 did?
    And how does attrition work, i noticed it only sets in winter but what if ur provinces away from ur own outside of winter with a really big army, so u still suffer attrition?

Default Re: Qouple questions

Quote Originally Posted by ForVictory View Post
    And how does attrition work, i noticed it only sets in winter but what if ur provinces away from ur own outside of winter with a really big army, so u still suffer attrition?
    Not really any free upkeep units, though there's the possibility to build your general so that his troops use less supplies.
    Attrition happens when you're in enemy provinces during winter, no other season. Ships suffer attrition when too far away from shore. Also it seems you don't suffer from attrition when in allies provinces.
    Last edited by Zarky; 03-16-2011 at 20:19.
    Homo Sapiens non Urinat in Ventum - the wise man does not piss against the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by ForVictory View Post
    No, but you do get 'free' units when your castle is besieged, depending on the castle level, like the armed citizens of ETW. No zero-upkeep garrisons though as far as I know.

Your units also slowly regain lost troops while in your territory, so upkeep kinda buys your retrains for you :) I think this is one of the nicer features; I no longer have to send a patrol back to the castle to get my troops back to full.

Quote Originally Posted by Squints View Post
    Your units also slowly regain lost troops while in your territory, so upkeep kinda buys your retrains for you :) I think this is one of the nicer features; I no longer have to send a patrol back to the castle to get my troops back to full.
    and far more realistic than Empire where you could retrain a full stack even if you were knocking on Moscows door...
    Also provinces are so small for the most part that you should never end up too far away from your own territories.
    Homo Sapiens non Urinat in Ventum - the wise man does not piss against the wind.