Thread: No hotfix for game breaker - come on!

Default No hotfix for game breaker - come on!

Why is there no hotfix for the multiplayer game breaker dishonorable coward trait? clan campaigns cannot be played and ladders cannot be climbed because of this bug that would require a very quick hotfix.. Really do the mp team want to deter the enthusiasm of new guys to Multiplayer? thats what will happen if this is not hotfixed. I wouldent even hotfix it just remove it altogether as im sure even when working as intended it will be annoying as hell if steam goes offline as its prone to do mid battle. theres no need for it just make any kind of drop in a game a loss for the dropped player allowing their allies if a team game to fight on....

This single bug has ruined my muliplayer experience for the start of the release... If some guys are just trying out multiplayer for the ladders and clan meta they may not have the patience to stick around with such a gamebreaker (breaking both the new mp game modes completely!).

Come on CA hotfix please just remove it completely and be done with it..

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: No hotfix for game breaker - come on!

Never noticed this problem before.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree, it does real damage the longer it's there. I've played few games in order to avoid getting 'Dishonorable Coward', but I've still been paired against people who do have it. One guy actually dropped out at the end of the battle preventing us from getting points, but since he already has the "Dishonorable Coward" trait and I don't there's basically nothing to prevent that from happening again. I wouldn't call it quite game breaking as you can still level up, get new retainers and units etc., but it's as close as you can get without crossing the line!

<code>ninja</code> Clan Nikodil's Avatar

Ah, so this is a bug! I just thought they had mistaken me for Elmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutzeit View Post
    Ah, so this is a bug! I just thought they had mistaken me for Elmo.
    They were in council with Elmo pre-release to base the trait on his exploits of old :)

Any all joking aside please fix it, its annoying and like Swoosh said isnt doing you any favours with the new MP crowd.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So View Post
    I wouldent even hotfix it just remove it altogether as im sure even when working as intended it will be annoying as hell if steam goes offline as its prone to do mid battle. theres no need for it just make any kind of drop in a game a loss for the dropped player allowing their allies if a team game to fight on....
    I completely agree with this thought.
    Ragequitters are mildy annoying - that is true. But connection losses happen quite freqently and cannot be avoided. I would think that even if the dishonourable coward trait would work as inteded, it would probably be just a matter of time until 50% of all players have it.

Plus, there are a 100 good reasons not to play a game to the end and just bow out courteously : real live calling, the phone ringing, your kids crying, your friends waiting to meet and do something more important than playing computer games. For all this I would happily forfeit a victory, let a loss be counted and politely quit a game.

u should be able to get rid of it faster, if u played 3 o5 normal games than it should be gone....
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

yep my dishonorable trait wont go away no matter what I try :( were all doomed cowards!
    I obey the rose.

Honour and Friendship

btw amazingly i use the same gameplay as in stw1.... same groups and stuff.... less horsearchery/... :( simply to expensive but all feels well....
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

I felt so honorable...it seemed I was the only one without the dishonorable coward trait, until>>> I was having a 2v2 clan match vs Battlestars. We all joked about how everyone had it except me...as soon as the game finished, hocus pocus >>> i was a coward.

Oh well! It felt good while it lasted...maybe it's a virus.
    Hunter King George Visit the Realm of the Hunters:
    Proud participant of the Code of Honor. Have you signed the code?

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magyar Khan View Post
    btw amazingly i use the same gameplay as in stw1.... same groups and stuff.... less horsearchery/... :( simply to expensive but all feels well....
    That's good, seeing it's Sengoku Jidai Japan. The horsearchers are elite samurai and guns and especially more spears make them even more rare. Man by man, horsearchers should be very strong, as a whole unit though they would get less of a say with every year.

The units in the original STW had quite an unauthentic feel to them: equal amounts of farmers and horsearchers in a unit.

The amount of horsearchers seen in STW reminds me of Mongol:total war, not of Japan.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Cav archers represent skill and good micro, it's sad to see them less usable
    O4B / Masked

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OUT4BLOOD View Post
    Cav archers represent skill and good micro, it's sad to see them less usable
    They do, and the skill to get something good out of them only increases as Sengoku Jidai progresses. That's because the bow was not the best way to fight off loads of yari armed warriors.
    Ja mata

TosaInu