Thread: In a nutshell if your sitting on the fence...

Default In a nutshell if your sitting on the fence...

The single player is good the battles are good the game is buggy as HELL, and i dont just mean 1 or 2 bugs i mean dozens. If you have the patience to put up with constant failed automatches - clan campaigns that dont register your wins and ladders that dont register your wins, avatar skill trees that suddenly stop you from adding points - automatches that put you in siege games when you specifically asked for land - automatches that put you in sea battles when you specifically asked for land, automatches that go 2v2 then add a guy from the other team to your team then the game crashes - shogun 2 processes still running in windows when you exit the game properly so it wont even load back up if you exit then try to go back in - CTD for no reason when alt tabbing (more than any game ive ever seen) - game in 2011 with dx9 only on release and no aa (we will patch them in later *like all of the above and below?*) - magic powerup buildings that appear even when you have them deselected - gaining triats like dishonorable coward just for playing automatch which is needed to go up the ladder and the clan meta - mass nub clans of 600 people unbeatable due to clan campaign design... and many more i cannot be bothered to type.

If you can put up with all that its all good and one of the best battle engines since mtw1.. I can, can you?
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 03-20-2011 at 09:16.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Default Re: In a nutshell if your sitting on the fence...

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So View Post
    The single player is good the battles are good the game is buggy as HELL, and i dont just mean 1 or 2 bugs i mean dozens. If you have the patience to put up with constant failed automatches - clan campaigns that dont register your wins and ladders that dont register your wins, avatar skill trees that suddenly stop you from adding points - automatches that put you in siege games when you specifically asked for land - automatches that put you in sea battles when you specifically asked for land, automatches that go 2v2 then add a guy from the other team to your team then the game crashes - shogun 2 processes still running in windows when you exit the game properly so it wont even load back up if you exit then try to go back in - CTD for no reason when alt tabbing (more than any game ive ever seen) - game in 2011 with dx9 only on release and no aa (we will patch them in later *like all of the above and below?*) - magic powerup buildings that appear even when you have them deselected - gaining triats like dishonorable coward just for playing automatch which is needed to go up the ladder and the clan meta - mass nub clans of 600 people unbeatable due to clan campaign design... and many more i cannot be bothered to type.

If you can put up with all that its all good and one of the best battle engines since mtw1.. I can, can you?
    I can put up with that.

Sounds like a lot of steam being let off there Swoosh. Ive not went near multiplayer yet so I guess I should be prepared for some frustration :|

Quote Originally Posted by NagaoKagetora View Post
    Sounds like a lot of steam being let off there Swoosh. Ive not went near multiplayer yet so I guess I should be prepared for some frustration :|

Total War: SHOGUN 2 Update Released
    Product Update - Valve
    Total War: SHOGUN 2 – v 1.1
    Release Notes

Multiplayer - Fixed Crash when reaching lobby for a 4v4 Set-up Team game
    Multiplayer Campaign – Fixed bug where Realm divide event is shown three times
    Tutorials – Fixed bug where camera would fall below ground level during fly-by of warrior monks.
    Localisation – Various minor bug fixes

With this many bugs i have to vent even though i enjoy the battles themselves theres alot of frustration in actually getting there and that they do not effect anything as they should.

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

the most annoying thing is the preferences resetting when you restart the client

going from windowed to fullscreen everytime (+graphs/sound) isn't very fun
    O4B / Masked

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Swoosh So

You forgot the biggest problem of all.....The dreaded chat foyer

How can you chat with friends who do not even show in your chat window?

I see one window..Europe..one Public..one Clan

I have over 70 Friends listed but can only connect to the ones in Clan(4)
    How am I supposed to connect/chat with all the other players I usually play with?

From experience last night trying to help a lot of the 'first time' multiplayers.
    57 in chat (didn't know any of them) asking where do the games show, cant see games in list, cant join games, etc etc
    The number who said they had had enough of this Totalwar xxxx I am going off to play blah blah blah.

This is going to kill off the hoped for new community.

*Rant over*
    Last edited by Jochi Khan; 03-21-2011 at 00:16.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Certainly! The old games were fairly awful in terms of MP issues and we had to wait months for patches too, but the battles themselves were compelling enough to overcome them. If S2 online battles are as fun and interesting as they were on the first engine, everything else is secondary.

I think what makes it feel worse is that it has SO MUCH going right for it that if they just fixed those issues that Swoosh noted it would be a great game. As it is I really really enjoy the game but its frustrating to not be able to have your wins registered for Clan Campaign. Anyway, I decided to mostly concentrate on 1v1 campaign with a mate until the MM gets fixed. Then I'll put a lot of time into that. 1v1 Campaign is tons of fun though. Much tougher since the other 1v1 player can decide to lead the armies you go against.
    Also Known As: RTKPaul
    "I dont want you to die for your country, no poor son of a bitch ever won a war by dying for his country, he won it by making the other poor son of a bitch die for his country"- George S. Patton

still waiting. thanks for all the info on the game folks, i do appreciate it. i'm hoping things get ironed out, 'cause i desperately pine for the halcyon days of tw. :)

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the game is good regardless.

Yes warmann its VERY good just buggy as hell.

Buddha

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

... and I can, too.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents to this.
    Yes, in spite all the current bugs, those games I do get going are very fun, exciting and tactical.
    This time it is really good and well worth while sticking around and waiting for the patches.