Thread: The Shogun 2: Screenshot thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Default The Shogun 2: Screenshot thread

What. No screenshot thread for S2 yet? Come on guys - let's see some interesting screens from those campaigns. I know you're playing.

I'm unsure of the in-game method to capture screens, but if you can't figure it out, use image capturing software like fraps. Afterward, host your images on a site like imageshack or photobucket. The latter requires a free account.

Default Re: The Shogun 2: Screenshot thread

Why not use Print Screen?

Steam has built-in screenshotting now IIRC. Default key should be F12.

I haven't had the presence of mind to take pictures of my campaign yet, I'm too consumed by the game and how much ass it kicks at the moment!

First campaign as Shimazu:

Used navy to drop my main attacking force, consisting of my Daimyo, Son and Heir, and most trusted General, right next to their capital and, despite being massively outnumbered, managed to take the city with what I believe to be acceptable casualties.

The only Sakura survivor was the Daimyo, and I think 10 light cav, who fled to the woods on the right side of the screen. I chased him down and finished him however :D

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

I started an AAR and then came my first battle.

"Okay, I've got a pile of crap on my screen here that will ruin my battle screenshots, but that's okay, there'll be a button to minimise it. It's F1-F6 in Rome, let's try those. No, okay I'll randomly try other buttons.... No. Oh, I can click that to minimise the minimap perhaps the other bits have something like that? Hmm, no. Okay I'll go on the forums to see if anyone can help..... No."

Stuff this, back to Football Manager for me.

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Finished my first campaign as Mori last night.

Overall impressions are that the campaign is beautiful and challenging. Overall I give it a high grade.

Took a while to re-learn some controls.

My only disappoint was that the AI spammed Ashigaru units once I took Kyoto. I developed my unit production buildings and built balanced armies only to be confronted by stack upon stack upon stack of yari. The big battles to hold Kyoto were not interesting at all, but reminded me of FPS zombie killer games where all I had to do was quickly dispatch an enemy unit and turn to quickly dispatch the next to turn and quickly dispatch the next.

The only difficulty was managing the reinforcement system, which was a real bitch when I had to face three armies simultaneously. My reinforcements were coming from the opposite side of the map, and since I was hunkered up tight to defend against overwhelming numbers my units tended to rout together.

So managing the reinforcement system isn't the ideal interesting battle. Much rather have had 20 pro units (experienced, upgraded, led by a 5 star) to fight with my 20.

That niggle aside, here's a shot of Kyoto and some agents. Graphically, very well presented campaign worthy of its ancestor.

Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH