Thread: Multiplayer update announcement from CA

Default Multiplayer update announcement from CA

I found this on the TWC but could not see it here so thought I would do a cut and paste job.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=436406
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IanRoxCA Today, 11:35 AM

Hi all,

I just wanted to officially jump in and let you all know that we are aware of the MP issues that have been flagged up in the various forums and are currently doing our utmost to rectify them as soon as possible. We conducted an extensive multiplayer BETA test in the months prior to release, but some new problems (primarily due to the extreme extra demand on our servers at release) have surfaced. We apologise for any inconvenience and/or annoyance this may have caused and can assure you that fixes will be patched in as soon as is possible. We are ready to release the first update (with a number of major fixes) imminently. This should be out within a week. The fixes for this first update are:

-All stats should report correctly
    -All avatars being flagged as ‘dishonourable cowards’ fixed. This will be removed from all existing avatars. [Incidentally, this trait has no actual effect in- game]
    -Avatar cost contributing to naval battle funds fixed.
    -Occasional inability to add avatar skills has been fixed.

There are a number of additional issues that we are looking at for a subsequent update. These include: fixing use of global regions for the chat channels and battle lists; fixing the leaderboard and general crashes and matchmaking problems. We will release a bigger list of these issues in due course. This second update should be available within a few weeks.

Please note that the blue screen issue that a number of users have identified has been tested extensively and we have determined that this is actually caused by old drivers or an outdated motherboard BIOS. Upgrading your BIOS is something you should be careful with, and users are individually responsible for this. Please seek advice from your computer manufacturer's technical support department on this.

As I’m sure you have all seen, there are many new features within the multiplayer – many of which involve a significant burden on our central servers. We have all worked very hard to make the multiplayer for Shogun 2 special and I can assure you that we are currently fixing the problems with a high amount of urgency. Please bear with us for the next few days/weeks while we rectify this.

Regards,

IanRoxCA
    Multiplayer Lead Designer

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Default Re: Multiplayer update announcement from CA

It is good to know that CA are at the least taking note of what we, their customers, report.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jochi Khan View Post
    It is good to know that CA are at the least taking note of what we, their customers, report.
    They do.
    Last edited by TosaInu; 03-23-2011 at 15:47.

Senior Member Senior Member Jambo's Avatar

Hey Jochi,

/ignoring inflammatory comment above.

Any interest in partaking in one of the MP campaigns, either Coop or Versus?
    =MizuDoc Otomo=

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon The Emperor Of Europe View Post
    They do,you are to ignorant.
    mouth in gear,,brain in netrual

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    Hey Jochi,

/ignoring inflammatory comment above.

Any interest in partaking in one of the MP campaigns, either Coop or Versus?
    The Campaign side of the game is a part that I have not, to date, really tried to master.
    Have always been a battle player. Log on join/host game and play.

Perhaps sometime in the near future I will have to give it a try.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Hats off to CA for letting us know they are working on it. In the past CA's response has often been essentially "multiplayer functionality is a bonus for our customers, but we make enough money on single player that its not a priority for us." I'm so glad to see them abandoning that old partyline and trying to give us the MP game we deserve.

I'm enjoying MP a lot, even with the bugs. If they can get most of the bugs worked out-- its going to be epic.
    Hunter_Bachus

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon The Emperor Of Europe View Post
    They do,you are to ignorant.
    Lol what?

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So View Post
    Lol what?
    Well look at this way.

these fans are always angry at CA ,they claim CA do not listen.

One thing,For a COMPANY to run,it must have customer feedback,so they listen

I'll explain laterr

Blog Entries

Well, the positive effect we have to honor is, they try. Actual we got a quick patch and they working on it, Im sure it wont take months.

On the other side, the negative part, some bugs are pretty hardcore, other are very obvious. Its a trend, that most games get published at betastage.
    There are also problems, such as the clancampaign. We did discuss that here before release already, now we have the TWC-clan ruling 60 maps and the second best clan with 4 or 6. If you check the win-loss ratio of the clan you will see, that they lost like 70% of their games.

The current clancampaign is a joke and it was known before release!
    That there will be rushs coming, was known before release! Its a moral problem and the problem is around and will stay there!
    If the lvl raises more and we end up playing 14k+ games, we will see a lot more rushes!
    The only way to overcome it, are guns.... welcome NTW-clone!

I try to say, that there is a lot of work to do and as always, many things could be solved before release.