Thread: Ranks and teirs, how do they work ?

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Default Ranks and teirs, how do they work ?

I saw that different clans can have tiers in the MP clan campaign.
    Also, someone mentioned that generals (players) can have different rank numbers.

But how does this work and what do the numbers mean?
    For example, is teir 4 better than tier 5 or vice versa ?

Would be grateful if someone could explain.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ranks and teirs, how do they work ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    I saw that different clans can have tiers in the MP clan campaign.
    Also, someone mentioned that generals (players) can have different rank numbers.

But how does this work and what do the numbers mean?
    For example, is teir 4 better than tier 5 or vice versa ?

Would be grateful if someone could explain.
    There are tons of treads, links, pics and videos out, which greatly explain you this all.

A quick answer. Your general/avatar gain XP while playing, the general has a "skill-tree" where you can spent skillpoints.
    This give you things like: better attack, better defence, more speed, a bow to shot or leadership skills, where you can "inspire" (give a boost) a certain unit.
    There is more of course, but thats something you should look at yourself.

And of course, a lvl 5 general can be better than a lvl 4, depends on what you spent you points.

think he ment the tiers on the campain map...beive were in tier 16 or something like that...belive only so many folks can get on one map so they alotaed everyone to diffrent tiers...tiers may run course of map which l belive is 12 days then they start over and switch folks up lm thinkin..

Yes, tiers in the clan campaign map was what I was asking about.

For example I saw one clan that I know having teir 6 and another one having teir 4 and wondered what that means.
    Is the second clan "better" than the first of is it the other way around ? And how many tiers are there in total ?

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

My understanding is that the "Clan Competition" is like a ladder system, with Tier 1 being the highest and best tier. If you are not fighting very hard as a clan, you will drop to a lower tier at the end of the round. If you are doing really well, you will go up to the next tier at the end of the round. Right now, I'm guessing that the top tiers are mostly filled with clans that were lucky to start playing first, and so they were just given a spot in the highest tier with available space. So clans who got stuck in Tier 10 will now have to do a lot of work to get up to, say, Tier 6, and it will take them a minimum of 4 rounds to do it.

So at this point I'm guessing that a clan's position in the tier's doesn't really tell us much about their skill or level of activity. But in 6 months or a year, I expect that all the best and most active clans will have clawed their way up to the highest tiers.
    Hunter_Bachus

it sucks anyway our tier has a 600 man clan totally dominating with a LOL 50% win ratio CA said 2 days prior to release this wouldent happen - ie they LIED, sick of sticking up for them.. no more..

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Hi Dionysus,
    thanks for the explanations. This makes sense now.

And Swoosh, I can see how you are getting frustrated. The system as it is will indeed just reward numbers of players in a clan - not skill.
    Unless time will show that the medicore players will give up in the long run and only the good ones remain.

But yea, this system will never fully reflect purely the skill of the tashios, we will still need our own tournaments (ClanWarsBelt) for this, I guess.