Thread: Demo

Default Demo

Hi there..
    I have a problem playing my MTW2 demo. The dowload and the installation go fine, but when i try to lauach the demo i get this strange message saying: In Medieval total war 2 demo.exe was a mistake. Srry for this mistake..
    (or someting like that)

So, i can't play my demo!

Could someone please help?

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Default Re: Demo

I can't, but you can try posting your question in the apothecary, someone there might know. :)
    Silence is beautiful

So what's the apothecary?

It's a forum here that supplies technical help for all TW games. Just scroll down on the main page until you find it. The moderators there are quite knowledgable about all TW games, technically speaking. This is of course if you don't find help here. The Citadel can be somewhat vacant at times.

Here ya go...click this link!

:)
    Last edited by A Nerd; 03-26-2011 at 10:03.
    Silence is beautiful

The total war org suprises me so many times. This forum is such an enormous community, it has forums for every game and even technical forums... Thanks JuJuBee!!

No problem! :)
    Silence is beautiful

I gave up for a while, and then i downloaded the gold version of the demo. That one did work. So people who have the same proble as i had, download the gold version!

Thnx for the help JuJuBee!

You welcome! I am glad you can enjoy the game now. M2TW is fun, perhaps you will get the full game after awhile! :)
    Silence is beautiful

WHen it comes to computer games, I always have to play the demo as my comp is really suckish... I bought ETW and my comp was absolutly TERRIBLE. So thats why i always play demo's. And yes JuJuBee, I will be buying the game sooner or later on Amazon!

That's good. There are alot of good mods for M2TW and M2TW + Kingdoms expansion pack. :)
    Silence is beautiful

I'm in the same boat. I tried the Empire demo and it ran like crap on my machine. M2 ran great. Graphics look good enough to me. And I would definitely agree that mod community is really giving the older games some long legs. Besides the mods that tweak and improve the main game, the total conversions out there are like totally different games. I recently downloaded the Third Age Total War mod for M2. It is phenominal! REALLY REALLY well done with the unit skins, strat map graphics, cut scenes, music, EVERYTHING - I can't imagine that CA could have done better themselves (if they had the LOTR licence). It even includes a "mini-campaign" that allows the player to reenact the journey of the Fellowship and fight out all the battles in the books/movies which gives wholely different playing experience from a "normal" Total War game. Broken Cresent is supposed to be similarly awesome, but I haven't had a chance to try that yet. Europa Barbarium II is still in development and looks very very promising as well. While I'm sure that Empire and Shogun 2 are great games, especially with the addition of tactical naval combat, it seems to me that you need a state of the art gaming-specific computer to run them. On the other hand, the older games run fine on a mid-level or couple year-old system, and the mods keep things fresh and new. Great way to go, IMHO.