Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHAMEFUL DISPLAY!!!!

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Default SHAMEFUL DISPLAY!!!!

Anyone else completely annoyed by that voice?

I know it's a nitpick and if i fought better I wouldn't have to deal with it.. but come on. I almost wish there was a "behead advisor" button that silenced him through the rest of the game. Actually, yeah. There you go CA, suggestion for a future patch!

Default Re: SHAMEFUL DISPLAY!!!!

would the advisor be replaced by one that was more timid?

Maybe the new one would think a little more prior to speaking :)

The accent gets me as well, it just seems forced. It sounds like someone trying to imitate a bad asian accent.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Anyone else completely annoyed by that voice?

I know it's a nitpick and if i fought better I wouldn't have to deal with it.. but come on. I almost wish there was a "behead advisor" button that silenced him through the rest of the game. Actually, yeah. There you go CA, suggestion for a future patch!

He is indeed annoying, and not only that, but the one with the "General is in grave danger" speech as well, even if he's fighting routing ashigaru.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

I can deal with "geneal in grave danger", and I particularly like "SHAMEFULL DISPLAY". the hidden enemies thing gets on my nerves though, as does "master, our trade networks suck in this province".
    Standing up for the rights of gay spies everywhere.

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

If one more of you offends Japanese in any way despite all this is about voice acting, I'll go Nobunaga on your Steam accounts.

>:|

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine View Post
    If one more of you offends Japanese in any way despite all this is about voice acting, I'll go Nobunaga on your Steam accounts.

You're going to unify them all?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    You're going to unify them all?
    I doubt the Imagawa ever felt unified. |:<

Whaaat? I love it! I think that quote is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine View Post

If it makes you feel better I thought the RTW voice was equally annoying. THE DAY IS OUUUUUUURRRRRRS.

Shameful display is only slightly better.

It is annoying, As a matter of fact this version has too many bells and whistles that are quite annoying. The voiceover for the first Shogun was great. I miss it. The last thing you want to hear when you're trying to concintrate on the battle is that thing.
    Last edited by Ed TW; 03-25-2011 at 04:51.
    "This is no way for a leader to behave, but in battle it's beyond belief."

I wish it could be said in Japanese with English subtitles, like in the original. But not so frequently as to overlap with another soldier's voice or report.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    If it makes you feel better I thought the RTW voice was equally annoying. THE DAY IS OUUUUUUURRRRRRS.
    Lol, forgotten about that one. Yes, that was truly horrible, this is nothing in comparison :)

I miss the original Shogun.

"My lord, the enemy taisho has forsaken his honor and is running like a whipped do." in heavily accented English was awesome.

What about MTW "My Lord, the enemy general flees like a spavined nag!"
    Or how about the Greek campaign map accent when you clicked on a general? "Yes strappy-horse!"

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by bopa the Magyar View Post
    Or how about the Greek campaign map accent when you clicked on a general? "Yes strappy-horse!"
    Oh man i totally forgot about that one. I remember legitimately thinking that's what he was saying until I was told otherwise.

I like how my agents speak Japanese at me. I just don't know what they're saying. My monks always mumble something very calmly when they get caught and executed.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bopa the Magyar View Post
    What about MTW "My Lord, the enemy general flees like a spavined nag!"
    I love that one. So disdainful, and also useful. Click your fastest cav to chase down the coward!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The first two games definitely had the best announcers.

"The enemy Taisho is fleeing from the field! But his dishonor, and our swords, will chase him to his grave!"

Yeah, at this point it's a tradition, it just wouldn't be right to change it! MTW1: "The enemy king flees, the por-TRAIT of a royal milksop!"

Haha! Far out man, MTW1 had the coolest battlefield comments, I wonder, does anyone have them all collected and cif so could they post them up?

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Big Time

In the first Shogun the voiceover was talking about the peasents being lazy during a poor harvest. He sounded really nervous and he was stuttering. Does anyone know what that quote was in its entirety?

pardon my klatchian Member al Roumi's Avatar

I was very annoyed with Spanish, Milanese and Venetian factions sharing exactly the same voice actors in MTW2. Then there was the farce of Novgorodian names.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed TW View Post
    In the first Shogun the voiceover was talking about the peasents being lazy during a poor harvest. He sounded really nervous and he was stuttering. Does anyone know what that quote was in its entirety?
    Ah, I remember that sound too! But I dont remember the original quote.

Actually I searched for the "all quotes list" for Total war series, and there isnt one. I am planning to make one. I will start with Shogun total war.

I love your signature "This is no way for a leader to behave, but in battle it's beyond belief." I remember how the guy disgusts from his commander while saying this. My favourite in RTW is that: "It would be better for your general to fall on his sword, to live another day.. He is running away!"

Honestly, I found the quotes of S2TW and FotS are so shallow and meaningless. "Damn lily-livered cowards!" may be saves only a little bit, but all others are meaningless.

I made a search and found that our advisor from STW is "Togo Igawa", who is an actor played "General Hasegawa" in the movie "The Last Samurai".

In MTW I liked the soundtrack; the comments were sparse and colourful. Every game since I play with sound: off. Which is actually ok; I can listen to music, a podcast or a radio feed.
    Last edited by HopAlongBunny; 07-10-2012 at 09:00.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Rout Meister Member KyodaiSteeleye's Avatar
    Potton, near Sandy, the centre of the unknown universe

Actually I don't find this the most annoying phrase - that's the 'Their allies have abandoned them, now WE have them!' - every battle, when 99% of the time there are no allies.... within 100 leagues...
    KyodaiSpan, KyodaiSteeleye, PFJ_Span, Bohemund. Learn to recognise psychopaths

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyodaiSteeleye View Post
    Actually I don't find this the most annoying phrase - that's the 'Their allies have abandoned them, now WE have them!' - every battle, when 99% of the time there are no allies.... within 100 leagues...
    Yeah. "Their ally has abandoned them" seems to be a bug from one of the more recent patches. When I first started playing it was played correctly (when their ally exits the battle field/is killed off).

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

For RTW the annoying part was "No ally has come here today to stand for them. Does that not speak about their honour? Their standing amongst nations?"

The people at the time did not consider themselves as "nations". And also, I'm the one doing the attacking, they have no chance to get an allied army within range.

I also hate the RTW and M2TW sound of a settlement being besieged. It sounds like a train crashing into a chasm filled with broken glass and nails. Especially annoying when it's two units of peasants besieging a city with a fullstack.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andrewt View Post
    I miss the original Shogun.

"My lord, the enemy taisho has forsaken his honor and is running like a whipped do." in heavily accented English was awesome.
    I still remember this one and loved it. Have not seen anything as good and memorable in the other games.

Although there are some Easter Eggs in NTW:
    If you play the Prussian campaign and Blucher is your leading general, you can sometimes heare the seasoned veteran say something like :"Another attack, how boring". And when he isn in grave danger of getting killed in a melee, you can hear him:"At last, this is getting exiting".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast