Thread: Moral off - or how Ca call it: 22k

Blog Entries

Default Moral off - or how Ca call it: 22k

Yesterday we had our first 22k game, it will be games we gonna play for ever. Soon more and more people will reach lvl 10 and we will play with moral off!

Its so much money, I had 3k left, since i couldnt spent it. You have to make expensive vets for it, there is no way how to spent it.

The units fight till end of days, its a pur frontal war without any movement needed.
    Also, cav is pointless, imo you can just go without any cav, since everyone will run around with naginata samurai and monks.

Its a shame, i mentioned this problem before and with some luck, it will get notice in some months, if everyone running around with spears and some missles only!
    Its really dissapointing.

Imo 10k should be the max fund to play on, Id go with 14k as well, but surely not more than this!

Default Re: Moral off - or how Ca call it: 22k

lol, I just got matched up to a 1v1 10 for the first time, which is the only time that 22k comes into play, but will happen more often when more people lvl up. I couldn't even spend it all at first needed to take out the -5% on cost retainer lol, but who wants to do that. The problem is when you first start 22k for the first time you don't have all sam and monk vets lvl'ed up high yet. I didn't even bother to play the match... As every unit needs to be over 1k to spend it all. I had to slap in all 3 heroes, my monk lvl 4, sam gunner lvl 4, nag infy lvl, 4, yari sam, lvl 4, monk gunner lvl 3, all my yari cav and nag cav lvl 4... and still had funds left over!!! wtf! So what happens when I played that match and their damaged waiting to be refeshed and I get matched again vs a lvl 10? It'll be even worse, if my GG's were ready to go I would've just managed, but still, it's a joke. You don't have a full topped out sam vets going into 22k and not for awhile and I have to delete all alot of my ashi vets just to make room, so what happens when I get matched vs 14k when I do that, I just got rid of all my good ashi vets? No thanks..

22k is way to big of a jump from 14k... don't know what they were thinking and like koc said where's the morale?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AMP View Post
    lol, I just got matched up to a 1v1 10 for the first time, which is the only time that 22k comes into play, but will happen more often when more people lvl up. I couldn't even spend it all at first needed to take out the -5% on cost retainer lol, but who wants to do that. The problem is when you first start 22k for the first time you don't have all sam and monk vets lvl'ed up high yet. I didn't even bother to play the match... As every unit needs to be over 1k to spend it all. I had to slap in all 3 heroes, my monk lvl 4, sam gunner lvl 4, nag infy lvl, 4, yari sam, lvl 4, monk gunner lvl 3, all my yari cav and nag cav lvl 4... and still had funds left over!!! wtf! So what happens when I played that match and their damaged waiting to be refeshed and I get matched again vs a lvl 10? It'll be even worse, if my GG's were ready to go I would've just managed, but still, it's a joke. You don't have a full topped out sam vets going into 22k and not for awhile and I have to delete all alot of my ashi vets just to make room, so what happens when I get matched vs 14k when I do that, I just got rid of all my good ashi vets? No thanks..

22k is way to big of a jump from 14k... don't know what they were thinking and like koc said where's the morale?
    Thats was my point in a tread weeks ago, as i asked how on earth this will be possible. You cant spend it, the only way i can think about it is, that you make you around 12-14 units ready for this 22k games, so you get always 6-7 units refreshed. This units you upgrade to lvl 8 or 9 to ensure, you can spend the money.

I tested it, with 22k, I go full rush army and there is nothing you can do about! With some luck you got 2-3 bow-cav and draw your army back a lot and try to shoot some, but that hardly will be enough, in the end you face 22 melee units, of course you will go with some cav too, but its so strong.... 22k is in many ways completely pointless and it was obvious before!

There is no moral! Imo there should be an option to turn moral off and people who dont like it, can play it in normal hosted games.
    What we see now makes no sense at all!

I also want to mention, that the playernumbers already are dropping. If this continues, the MM wont work anymore anyway, so maybe we worry about the wrong things...

The crashes and the not working MM is surely a bad thing, but the gamebalance and things like the clancampaign (which doesnt make any sense, as we said before the game was released already!) or the not working ladder make the online gaming kinda pointless.
    I did pronounce it, we see a hype at start, than it drops and after that we have the same situation as all the other years.

Quick patching concerning the stability wont do it! There has to be balancing as well, fast! Else people are gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Kocmoc
    I also want to mention, that the playernumbers already are dropping. If this continues, the MM wont work anymore anyway, so maybe we worry about the wrong things...
    Player numbers aren't bad yet - Steam reports ~30k players at peak, 8,5k at worst. That's right up there with TF2 and MW. I agree that the numbers are gonna be dropping soon if something isn't done. But, basics (like correctly reported stats, quit=lose the game and so on) first, then balance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crandaeolon View Post
    Player numbers aren't bad yet - Steam reports ~30k players at peak, 8,5k at worst. That's right up there with TF2 and MW. I agree that the numbers are gonna be dropping soon if something isn't done. But, basics (like correctly reported stats, quit=lose the game and so on) first, then balance.
    Well, steam reports the player who playing the game, not the player who play online!
    Since we are divided into different chatroom (country) you see only your area. I spoke with different people from different areas and the numbers are are dropping and are surely not around 30 or 8k.

In peak we had 120 in german room, now its down to 60 in peak.
    Other say similar numbers for their country.

The numbers you call are the number of player playing the game, there are probably 90% or more of them SP, who play the campaign.

Alone the fact how MM works and how you meet same player and teams over and over again, shows, that there are not too many playing.

Ah yes, right you are. Most prolly play SP. That didn't sound right to me either.

Well, if CA wants the MP to take off they should designate a few guys to pull all-nighters until the problems are solved...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crandaeolon View Post
    Ah yes, right you are. Most prolly play SP. That didn't sound right to me either.

Well, if CA wants the MP to take off they should designate a few guys to pull all-nighters until the problems are solved...
    Well, the crash- and stability issues we cant help much, but the balance.... they just should listen what the longterm MPlayer are telling them.
    Its so obvious, we saw it, we see it, we knew it, we know it.... but still, it always has to crash first before something happens.

Clancampaign was clear before the game was released.
    22k games, was logical
    moral was seen from demo already
    penalties are bad, it was obvious
    The game favor rusher and at some point, at least for MM games, you will see only full rush armies with 22k
    There are tons of retainer, which dont work or make no sense at all
    Hills doesnt effect archer, the advances are very small and not really worth to care for
    ....i could continue, but thats a bit offtopic..

22k is wrong and soon more and more people will see it. The problem is, if we dont change it soon, the people will make most of their vets for the 22k games and cant get back, as AMP already pointed out. Its a shame, that some people cant understand and cant see it.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was raised on big money so I really don't care much.

I have a few really tripped out ashi vets and now I have to remove them just to make room for 22k games, eh? Where was the sense going from 14k to 22k? That's a big leap in fund amount and requires ALOT of high honor vets to have a chance to spend it all. Also we're being forced to use heroes just to have a chance to spend it, what happened to freedom of pick choice? Also remember if you wanna up your sam/monk vets putting points into the other skills which aren't worth their value over all, that makes them worthless in 14k and 10k games, which we'll be still getting matched up in. So then I have to play mostly with vanilla units in lower fund games because all my sam/monk vets aren't worth their value in lower fund games, what the heck?

Also part of the problem is that I said was you aren't prepared for that big leap in funds when you first start getting matched up in it because the increase is so big and you won't have a tripped out army for 22k games, not for awhile anyway.

I also find having to save 3 different fund amount armies before every match mode game very very annoying, but I'm not gonna be playing no 22k games, so it'll remain 2 for now, until they reduce that amount and if they don't it looks like no more MM for me when almost every matchup is rank 10 vs rank 10 with 22k. lol

And here I was happy for a min thinking 14k was the max... totally ruined my day with that 22k O.o

it is very annoying if i a moral gen but i must admit it is fun with so many troops

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

This issue (22k is too much money) and the non-functioning morale penalties for flanking are now my two biggest issues in this game, and they compound eachother. Achieving a chain route is not possible at 22k, which is just silly. Yeah I'm not too interested in teh 22k battles which is one reason why I'm starting to play more classic battles.
    Hunter_Bachus

This sounds like something that will be serious when I get to it but right now stuck at 10K battles I'm really hopin the 14K battles come to me soon because as my guys level up my army-size keeps dwindling. Whats the point of vets if you can't afford to use them?

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Yes, there seems to be a consensus here, that 14k is about the best balance between getting to use your vets and having to choose "low valour" troops where morale still makes a difference in the battles.

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 00owl View Post
    This sounds like something that will be serious when I get to it but right now stuck at 10K battles I'm really hopin the 14K battles come to me soon because as my guys level up my army-size keeps dwindling. Whats the point of vets if you can't afford to use them?
    Wait until you are level 8/9/10 and have to fight against level 1 guys (Match Maker sometimes forces you to play very low level opponents). Trying to put an army together with 5000 koku and an Avatar that costs 1500+ is a challenge.
    Hunter_Bachus

the fun is that u have to think hard what to take and what not quatlity vs quantity furthermore u can play a mind game when u not upgrade your units while the enemy may think they are high leveled u just payed a low price for them.......
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....