Thread: Having children

Default Having children

Hi,

Staying at city increasis chances of having children? I have an excelent general who has a healthy/wise wife...i really would like to transform him in a rabbit-child-maker. How can I do it?

Member Member stratigos vasilios's Avatar

Default Re: Having children

I think the probability of children is dependent solely on cities to FM ratio. I wouldn't think having a FM in a city vs campaigning on the map have any greater effect, it's just based on the C:FM. But I have been known to be wrong before...
    We love you because you died and resurrected to save us...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    We love you Goku!

No family member can have more than 4 children. If enough settlements are available for the number of living family members, most FM will end up having the max amount of 4 children anyway. Other effects (apart from age) are insignificant.
    Some ancillaries and temples, depending on your faction, might help a bit (witch, wise woman, herbalist, hetaira, priest of hera, etc)
    Last edited by Tollheit; 03-30-2011 at 13:07.

Don't forget age, if your FM is past like 50, it's highly unlikely they will produce any children. I became painstackingly aware of this in my ongoing roman campaign when I married one of the daughters to a 51 year old Cnaevs Jvlivs Caesar (!!!!!), which turned out to be a child-less marriage. He had no negative fertility traits and was gnerally satisfied with everything...perhaps too satisfied, he died without an heir and my hopes for a Jvlivs Caesar-family branch was snuffed out...
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats

Shame you can´t divorse your generals, and re-marry them again ( at least Romans practiced that a lot ). Or a daughter, to re-marry if her husband has died. The FM to settlements ratio is about 2:1. A way to "force" some births is to deny adoptions consequently - that should force even infertile guys to reproduce themselfs ( and Allied Generals also take FM slots, iirc ).

Btw: for the first time in a game i´ve seen the AI recruiting an Allied General; though, the unit had no FM portrait, but was a Lonchophoroi Hippeis unit - how is this actually possible?
    - 10 mov. points :P

Quote Originally Posted by vollorix View Post
    Shame you can´t divorse your generals, and re-marry them again ( at least Romans practiced that a lot ). Or a daughter, to re-marry if her husband has died. The FM to settlements ratio is about 2:1. A way to "force" some births is to deny adoptions consequently - that should force even infertile guys to reproduce themselfs ( and Allied Generals also take FM slots, iirc ).

Btw: for the first time in a game i´ve seen the AI recruiting an Allied General; though, the unit had no FM portrait, but was a Lonchophoroi Hippeis unit - how is this actually possible?
    I never adopt, I'll marry my daughters away, but adoptions are a no go (unless I'm roman and Julius Caesar branch offers itself :D)

Quote Originally Posted by vollorix View Post
    I can tell you almost for a fact this is what happened; They had a city revolt to them and had a few units of Allied Generals revolt to them with it. They don't count as Generals or Client Rulers just elite units. I've had cities revolt to me with a full stack of Celtic Lesser Kings. It was apprently a resort for the guys...

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Rahwana's Avatar
    Abduct Shinta, and doing something bad with her
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fomalhaut View Post
    I can tell you almost for a fact this is what happened; They had a city revolt to them and had a few units of Allied Generals revolt to them with it. They don't count as Generals or Client Rulers just elite units. I've had cities revolt to me with a full stack of Celtic Lesser Kings. It was apprently a resort for the guys...
    just like vanilla, generic rebel general spawned without general
    Angkara Murka di Macapada