Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. TosaInu

Default Re: RIP TosaInu

I'm really shocked by this news. I didn't know Tosa at all, but it is rather sobering to think that my only PM from him was less than 2 months ago, concerning the PBM uploader.

He was extremely helpful, and that's one PM that won't be cleared from my inbox.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Holy crap how did I miss this. Lost for words. RIP Tooske I hope death treated you kindly

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I would actually prefer to rename the Frontroom after Tosa. After all, the members who really know who Tosa was and what he meant for the forum visit the Frontroom more than the Entrance Hall.
    Tosa rarely ventured in the Frontroom, he was more active lately in the S2TW and Entrance Hall sections.

In the end, it does not matter which forum, it matters that we have a permanent memorial for the man who made the Org the way it is and has been since he took over the reins.

Quote Originally Posted by I of the Storm View Post
    I assume the request for donation for a leucemia charity implies that this was what he was afflicted with?
    I thought the same when I read the post. I find it even more disheartening if this is the case.

In that case I strongly encourage you to register as bone marrow donor. It requires only a blood test to enter the database and by doing so, you improve someones chances of survival. You might be the difference between life and death, you know. I recently registered myself, it's free and it almost doesn't hurt (and it's almost instantly good karma, should you be interested...:-)). And don't worry, should you be a matching donor, the procedures are completely safe - there's no danger to the donor.
    Go ask your doc. Now. I mean it!

Cheers, TosaInu
    Good suggestion.
    Last edited by edyzmedieval; 03-31-2011 at 13:07.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Greetings,

A sad story and a great loss.
    From Clan Celtíberos Our sincere condolences to the family of the great TosaInu.
    Everyone will remember TosaInu as a humble, hardworking, patient and great person.

Thanks for your work, you always remember.
    Rest in peace, noble Tosa Inu.

celtiberos.net

Quote Originally Posted by Populus Romanus View Post
    That would be pretty confusing to new members, though. Perhaps "TosaInu Hall (Entrance Hall)" would work better?
    "TosaInu's Entrance Hall" would sound ok, but I'm not sure it's what Tosa would have wanted? I think the best way to remember Tosa, would be to follow his example.

Member thankful for this post:

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Tosa died unexpectedly from a cause that is still unknown.

If you don't want to give money to charity for whatever reason, I of the Storm's suggestion to register as a bone marrow donor is an excellent alternative. I think he would also appreciate it if you did a blood donation to the Red Cross in his remembrance.

His family wishes their privacy to be respected. I understand the questions for a pic or his first name or something to show a bit of the human being behind the internet persona, but I'm not in a position to give any kind of that information, sorry.

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    Tosa died unexpectedly from a cause that is still unknown.

If you don't want to give money to charity for whatever reason, I of the Storm's suggestion to register as a bone marrow donor is an excellent alternative. I think he would also appreciate it if you did a blood donation to the Red Cross in his remembrance.

His family wishes their privacy to be respected. I understand the questions for a pic or his first name or something to show a bit of the human being behind the internet persona, but I'm not in a position to give any kind of that information, sorry.

It's completely understandable. Is Tosa's family going to try find out the medical reason for his sudden departure?
    BLARGH!

Condolences from Spain to the family and friends of Tosainu.

It's a terrible loss for all of us.

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    It comes out later that there were Turkish assassins crawling through all of Anatolia. Tosa wanted a good trade relationship with me, but the sneaky bastard couldn't have a trade partner establishing diplomatic relations with one of his enemies. I just shook my head and laughed when I found out. The guy could flat-out play, even if Medieval 2 hadn't been one of his traditional games in the series.

I'll really regret not being able to finish that campaign with him. I was looking forward to see what more surprises he had in store for all of us.
    That is absolutely brilliant! What a fantastic memory!
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

I've always been more of a reader than a poster, but i've never forgotten how he was very nice and patient with me when i was an immature 15 year old.

My deepest condolences to all his family, friends, and to the .org members who were lucky enough to know him better than I.
    Formally Samurai-ninja_fusion_of_doom

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

imo to name the entrance hall after tosa in some sort is a good idea. so that every new member still gets a piece of tosa's legacy, even though it might be unaware.

We do not sow.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe we can change the traditional Christmas truce to TosaInus truce.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

I think a tourny would be better
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Question Re: RIP TosaInu

Why just some section? Why not:

The Guild - In memoriam Tosa Inu

Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

tosainu.org

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre View Post

I think this would be a good idea.
    A lasting memory of how much Tosa was respected by all at the .org.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

This is really sad news. The Org has always been a place that that was more at ease with itself then other fora. Even heated discussions were always civilized were on other fora they would end in some flame war. Tosa played a huge role maintaining this atmosphere. He will be missed. Rest in peace Tosa.
    Tosa Inu

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I like this idea, because tbh the Entrance Hall should remain the Entrance Hall, so new members and guests can easily find it.

The Guild, In memoriam TosaInu, is absolutely fine by me and has my endorsement. I see no downsides to it.

I also endorse the bone marrow option. No reason we can't turn our tragedy into a triumph for some people we've never met. After all, this is a community of friends, and most of us haven't met either.

How about some concerted acts of kindness for our fellow men and women, who also suffer and need help. Pizza approves, and more importantly, I am pretty sure Tosa would.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

That's the best idea i have heard; perhaps with some Japanese flourish to give a nod to STW
    Last edited by HopAlongBunny; 04-02-2011 at 19:01.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

I like the idea of honoring TosaInu. But he always emphasized that this should be a fun place for all. Hence, perhaps something like "dedicated to TosaInu," or "in honor of TosaInu," would be better. "In memoriam ..." has a "sad" connotation to it (at least, to me). Something subtle, as he wasn't one to draw attention to himself.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Agreed.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

I never spoke with TosaInu, but from what I've seen from his posts and the amount of respect he seemed to have accumulated whilst in the realm of the living, he seemed to be nice chap. Always sad when someone dies, even when you do not know the person in question.

Vila i frid TosaInu.

~E
    Last edited by Arthur, king of the Britons; 04-03-2011 at 15:46.

King Arthur's Court at Camelot

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

I had the chance to know MizuTosaInu in the last times I played the first Shogun, we shared several games either as allies than as enemies, mostly as allied. I still remember him very well, even if so many years are passed, always friendly and looking for fun. I remember him as a fair Gentleman, and a skilled player.

RAPAX Brutus

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

This is...unreal. I didn't think Tosa was that old or sick.

He will be missed. Rest in Peace TosaInu.
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

I am completely astonished and heart broken. It really does his memory proud that so many here and from elsewhere in the TW community knew him on so many levels, and thus have come here to pay their respects.

Let me tell you guys something, straight from the heart. And having formerly been admin of .org myself I can say this for a fact: no other person I've ever met on this earth could have admin'ed this place for 8 years like Tosa did. No one.

Tosa, my friend, you were one of a kind. For all you gave to this place, and for all you gave to all of us. Thank you. Sincerely, Thank You.
    Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Member thankful for this post:

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

My condolences to his family and friends.
    He will be sorely missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

I posted on his profile page, I didn't know this thread was open as well.

Sleep well brother. You will be missed. Deeply.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Blog Entries

I lost my chance to know a person so many considered a good man... Excuse me I feel realy hollow right now.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I never got to know Tosa personally, but having heard him universally praised for so many years, I always considered him a good man.

He will be missed.

Requiescat in pace
    Tosa

Rust in vrede
    Tosa

Last edited by Lord of Lent; 04-10-2011 at 18:44.
    Balloons are opium for the Orgah's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast