Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. TosaInu

BLEEEE! Senior Member Daveybaby's Avatar

Default Re: RIP TosaInu

Can't believe i missed this. Terrible news.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Coming back from a computer malfunction and returning this this.

Very shocking and and sad. You'll be missed by all of us veterans at the org.

R.I.P. TosaInu
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Four pages and I still want nothing more than to believe this is a cruel April fool's day joke. Donating blood seems the most appropriate way to honor TosaInu. It is amazing what an impact a complete stranger can have on a person's life.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

I just learned about this craziness.

Last year when I made the Napoleon and Empire avatars he asked me about designing some forum themes. He gave me access to a test forum, and when I saw how complicated it was I chickened out because I am lazy and just offered my input on color themes. So he just went ahead and did it himself when he apparently had no experience with it either. Just because it needed to be done. A class act.

R.I.P.

Just found out about this... can't believe it. The Org won't be the same without him
    R.I.P.
    Last edited by shlin28; 04-12-2011 at 19:14.

Philologist Senior Member ajaxfetish's Avatar

I'm clearly late to the thread, but I'd like to add my appreciation for all that TosaInu has done for the .Org, quietly and unassumingly making this such a wonderful place to be. This is a sad turn of events for all of us, and I hope he is happy and at peace now. Thanks, Tosa.

Ajax

"I do not yet know how chivalry will fare in these calamitous times of ours." --- Don Quixote
    "I have no words, my voice is in my sword." --- Shakespeare
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." --- Jack Handey

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

having been lost to other games and doing other things in my life the past few years, I am shocked to see this.

Somehow the voice of Angela Van Dyck seems a fitting tribute to our friend...

RIP TosaInu
    Last edited by The_Emperor; 04-20-2011 at 22:14.
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Blog Entries

I've known for quite some time, but hesitated to post here or some strange reason. I never really got the chance to speak with Tosa, but from the little he did say around here I gathered the impression he was a very humble man, never quick with his emotions, never responding impolitely, never had an unkind word to say of even the worst of the .org's transgressors. A gentleman to his core, Tosa was and is the .Org, and everything we have come to appreciate about this place, from the friendly attitude to the helpful actions of dedicated .Org members. Very much the invisible hand behind the clockwork, an enigma of silence and compassion.

Member thankful for this post:

1000 post member club Member Quid's Avatar

The passing of a legend! My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. No stories to tell but a quiet admirer of his hard work and dedication to one of the best and most respected sites on the net.

R.I.P., Tosa!

Quid
    ...for it is revenge I seek...

Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war
    Juleus Ceasar, Shakespear

Unhappy Re: RIP TosaInu

Rest in peace Tosa, thanks for making the Org one of the best fan sites on the web.
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)

Bloody hell, I come back - on a whim - to the Org for the first time in forever and I see this :( Tosa was like The Force, an invisible energy that bound The Org together

"I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

I am immensely saddened by this.

It was Tosa who made me a Backroom moderator a few years ago. A job I had for only a few months until real life job expectations kept me from the .org for quite a while. In March, I started lurking here again and just four days prior to this sad announcement I got a PM from Tosa welcoming me back. I wrote back but never got a reply. Now I know why.

I'll miss him and my thoughts go to his family.

Rest in peace, brother.
    "The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr."

I only defended myself and the honor of my family” - Nazanin

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

I haven't been visiting this site frequently for the past year (let alone posting) so I only found out about this yesterday. I wasn't sure how I should reply; in truth I barely knew Tosa even as far as internet acquaintances go.

I can say this though: thank you Tosa, for all that you've done for this site. Rest in Peace.

My condoleances to his family, and to all who knew him better than I did.

a.k.a. Armatus of TWC Member Ricochet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jochi Khan View Post
    Such a young age 38.

Frightening to think only 38 years old... that number is coming for me very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    if you want to do or give something, you can make a donation to a leukemia or cancer related charity in his name. He would surely appreciate it more than anything else. As some of you may know, he also loved dogs, so I guess a charity for (abandoned) dogs would be ok as well.

So much about Leukemia lately... first on NPR I heard that there was a shortage of drugs that help in either extending the lives or improving the quality (can't recall which) of people with Leukemia. Then just a few weeks ago I learned two of my young second cousins (who are not even brothers) came down with Leukemia within a week of each other. And now this...

Well, I hope he was able to fulfill is goals in life for the most part, considering it was cut so short. He has certainly left a lasting legacy at the Org.

I will look into donating to a cause as suggested, I certainly can't adopt any more dogs hehe :)

Farewell Tosa

They did not leave their walls to fight them, but
    put them to flight with Celestial Artillery of
    Thunder and Lightning
    -- Flavius Philostratus II

The Breath of God Member Divine Wind's Avatar

I haven't ventured onto these forums in a very long time, however after noticing the announcement made on the CA website I felt it necessary to dig around for my old password and pay my respects to Tosa.

Your name will always be associated with the .org, you were the heart and soul behind this community and I wish you peace and serenity wherever you have gone.

Take care friend.
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Like Divine Wind, I've been gone many months and hardly look at the Org much anymore. Tosa was very special to me. He would always e-mail me to see how I was doing knowing my short fuse and health issues. His kindness knew no limits. All those times he would show his concern but in my selfish, self-centered world, I never asked about how he was doing, as a human being. Here was a man I would have been unworthy to lick the dust off his boot. I was the resident troll, but even through my many disruptions and blow outs, he still cared for the lowliest of us all. Me, the resident troll...

Cool Spring rains return
    Winter has lost its dead grasp
    My friend has found peace

Dearest Tosa, I pray that you have found peace and health away from the fallen sick world. I know that this place is more empty without you. But your memory lives on my dear Brother.
    RIP Tosa

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

I haven't visited the forums in years. Today, I decided to look at them.

Then this hits me.

I wish I had the opportunity to thank Tosa for creating the .org.

Ja Mata Tosa Inu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

I was saddened, yesterday, to see this news after checking this forum again for the first time in almost a year.

Tosa was the best admin of any Internet community I have ever seen. He was so one with the Org that I honestly thought he had founded it, until reading Kurando's post in this thread. He effortlessly evoked respect and admiration in everyone, I think, with his humble and dignified way of doing things. Thank you for your years of dedication, and for the example that you set, Tosa.

Ja mata.
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

I've only just returned to the forums for a short visit, and to hear this news is deeply saddening. No doubt the Org has lost one of its greatest members. He will be, -and can be told from this thread- sorely missed.
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

I don't hang out here much anymore, but this saddens me.

The org and the backroom is where I kept improving my english years earlier, and developped some kind of critical thinking. All this thanks to him.

RIP TosaInu.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

I haven't been here for a few years at least, but I always thought that if I were to return he'd be here. This is hard to believe.

Rest in peace Tosa, you will be missed. Thanks for everything you did for the place.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Rest in peace to a great man.
    Patience is the companion of wisdom.
    --St. Augustine

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Dutch_guy, don't neglect your homeland.

A very, very Senior Member Adrian II's Avatar

How very sad. TosaInu was modest, hard-working, funny as well as wise. This forum which he helped create and which he managed for so long is an oasis of grace and common sense. I am truly grateful that Ser Clegane and others preserve his legacy.

The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

This is sad news. Im sorry for his family. He was a straight shooter
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

I'm quite shocked to read this. Internet people dying in real life has never been on my inner map.

Condolences to his familiy. Rest in peace.

Never knew him beyond his username, but wish all the best to his family and others who were close to him.
    it's the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Wow, :(.

My kingdom for a .

Blog Entries

seems fitting

Sad indeed, I only heard the news lately, when I returned after a long time to read the guide of our nice frog lady.

Certainly a man gone too early, and sourly missed by his family, friends and the TW community.

OA

Ja Mata, TosaInu

Last edited by Oleander Ardens; 08-18-2011 at 14:58.
    "Silent enim leges inter arma - For among arms, the laws fall mute"
    Cicero, Pro Milone

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast