Thread: Viking Invasion III version 1.0 released!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Viking Invasion III version 1.0 released!

Greetings,

Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b59l8699su8pis9

Please notice this is the first release of the mod and that further development depends on feedback among other things.

Changes from the original VI campaign:

1-Almost every single unit has been re-skinned. That includes new weapons and shields as well.
    2-Province income has been greatly increased.
    3-The stats of most units have considerably changed.
    4-Starting armies and provinces have changed.
    5-Combat voices and grunts have changed.
    6-New unit roster which focuses on re-balancing the eight factions.
    Last edited by Leith; 08-11-2016 at 00:20.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Default Re: Viking Invasion III version 1.0 released!

Congratulations Leith on releasing your mod!
    I can't promise I'll try it though. I don't have too much free time at the moment, but when I find myself with some time to spare I'll give this a go.

Already downloading it for when that time comes. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Thank you, Raz! Hope you like it.

Congratulations Leith, you fine engineer! I will download this from a different computer, but forgive me if some time passes before I can experience the work.

To understand your present national situation, it is very marvellous that you have nonetheless managed a release, thank you!

If you have time, could we ask a description and list of changes and features in the first post?

Leith

I wish more people around here had the decency and guts to properly support you in this thing. As this idea is as good as any. I wish I could do more then this to (encourage and) support you on this venture but as you already know – I got my hands full with Redux.

All the best with VI3…

- A

Originally posted by Axalon
    I wish more people around here had the decency and guts to properly support you in this thing
    With all due respect Axalon, this could be taken quite wrongly by a good deal of people. I am not sure who you mean that is lacking decency and guts around here really. Could you be more specific?

And also saying that you have "your hands full" with this or that is probably what other people would say - not with making perhaps but with playing other mods or other games or with RL or whatever they choose to do. After all playing mods is a choice, not an obligation or a duty people have. So you could be easily seen in the same category of indecent gutless folk, according to your own criteria despite giving your reasons - unless of course you think that only you have good valid reasons. I am pretty certain though that others have just as good valid ones.

This community has been the most dedicated, decent and knowledgeable concerning MTW practically from its beginning. There are many players here that are as much modders as players. Its rather sad to see it receiving what seems like mud in this way, and i don't think it deserves it.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread