Thread: [EB Interactive Migration AAR] The Lonely King.

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Default [EB Interactive Migration AAR] The Lonely King.

The Lonely King.
    A Koinon Hellenon migration AAR.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This is my first H/M migration campaign; so I might need some advice, that's why I'm making it interactive.

Enjoy.

Introduction (Βάρβαρος Βασιλιάς):
    My lands are small, and far from those who used to protect us. We have huge farms and great trade. Well; we had. I live in Pantikapaion. Far from any other kingdom of hellas proper. I am accompanied by another friend, the ruler of the Chersonesos Tauri.
    Well... I was.
    Nobody remembers us. Nobody protects us from the barbaroi from the north. Our farms get ravaged and plundered; while we have to ally with them to be safe, it's proposterous! Our friends have become apathic and meaningless.
    But what can we do? A few years ago, our armies could be sustained with all the farms, trade and loot we had. Now however; we had to disband our navy, we split our alliance with the Tauri. We have hardly any contact with the Seleukid satrapies on the north; hardly do we get a shipment from hellas. They are busy with their wars against the Diadochoi. Us? We are busy dying and becoming less and less powerful.
    I am alone in these lands; but what can I do? Even those lands in the east and north are forgotten by me. Possibly raided by those Hippotoxotai; the people look sad and uninterested. Dragging life day after day; there is no wish to live, but we have to. But where would they have gone? They remain here, they are loyal to me, only because they won't be alive if they offer their plight to those dreaded horsemen. I wish it wasn't like that. I wish I could give the people their happiness. I wish I had help from someone else against these barbaroi. I wish Kallipos would have listened to my plights and begs.
    But I hope I will change all this. The lands might not be as large as they were, but I will make them large, I will do it alone. Where would I get any help anyways? I am alone in the Chersonesos.

I have drafted a large army from the ravaged lands in order to defend our poor lands from those barbaroi. They are not armed as the hellenic armies of before; but rather we have to employ the same men that come to invade our lands. It's so disgraceful; but still, we must have what we can. Times are too hard to use our own farmers, carpenters, woodcutters, citiziens. Men that don't fight like real men, but rather with bows and arrows. I just hope the art of war of the old is recovered. But this is our whole army:

However our ports and navies have begun to fall apart, less and less trade comes; our farms are sacked by those hippotoxotai from the east, people are dying and getting more poor. I don't have any taxes left at all. My debts are growing due to having this large army standing around. But without it, those hippotoxotai will come to our poleis and slaughter us; I have to keep them acquiring other poleis or disbanding them. And the problem is we could not do the second choice.

My armies were split in order to protect our lands. The first one, in charge of Captain Aripharnes, with more than half of the kingdom's army; their duty was to patrol the lands on the west and northwest of Pantikapaion; the east and north east were now helpless, at least we could defend the mainland and not the straight. Sorry... I derailed from my narration there.
    In any case, they were patrolling west of the polis, with more than half the army, eating away the few gold I had. I had to get more income, sadly it would be overcoming the grievances of many hellenic brethren.

But before I could even think twice; the captain sent a runner to the polis, informing of a large army of the king of the Tauri. He must have been elated to hear about this, I just wished he wouldn't have been, I was about to send them to kill what they thought were their allies.

I sent a man named Alketas Oropios, a diplomat to ask the king; my friend (or so I thought), to help us with the economy. The diplomat was young, barely growing a beard. He was great with his words, he had studied for long time and asked to serve as the personal diplomat to the king. His mind was eager and his body fresh. He arrived quickly; he said. Despite the fact that he was far up north, working as my advisor on the farmers from the borders of my lands. He also confirmed the report about the army from the captain. He arrived, he noticed from the start that there was an air of conflict, but was received with disgust.

While he was marching; I ordered the construction of a trading colony to foment trade. I think pirates will not help, but possibly some two or three ships more will come... Per month. If we are lucky.

While construction was going on; Alketas sent a report back; in which he said that the king told him what no hellenic diplomat; even if he were son of a slave. should ever hear.

Bah! A friend? Never, his threatening of my person, my people, my diplomat and my brethren is disgraceful. His life will not last. If he will threaten a hellenic diplomat wanting to form a cooperation, he is no more than a barbaros. And no hellenic citizien shall be under the command of a barbaros. It is time to go to his home and slit his throat. The idiot!
    At least something good came out of this. Alketas was able to inform me about the army in the fields and the polis.

The army in the field, he wrote in the first line the army in the fields, and in the second, the army in the polis.

What a disgrace. That king has accompanied himself with skythioi nobles. Bah! He is a friend with the men that ravage our lands. There is no doubt that he must die.

There was no time to wait. The polis would remain defended only by me and the walls. The rest of the army would go to the city and kill the bastard.

The might of our army was great. I had never thought united they will be so powerful and big. Ten thousand man marching at the same pace of their Taxiarchos and Lochagos. If only I could have seen them. It would have been the sight of my life. But I'm sadly sure that I would have to see even larger armies than that. Our allies don't even care about our plight, we had to take this on our own.

We moved to the woods, in order to sneak in while the other army was in the fields. The whole army of the kingdom; ready to give their lives for the hellenic people all over the lands. Ready to kill their brethren, for their petty whims and lack of cooperation. My poor soul is saddened to see things come to this inevitable conflict. I just wish it is short and small. Or else there will not be a king no more.

This is going to be very dramatic and tense month. I just wish the next goes by more quickly.

When I post Chapter 1, I will make the rules for your participation. And please give some feedback if you would be so kind

Regards

~Jirisys (Feedback please )
    Last edited by jirisys; 03-31-2011 at 07:40.
    Because we all need to compensate...

Default Re: [EB Interactive Migration AAR] The Lonely King.

(non interactive) Looks like a fine... fine start... good reading :D
    Last edited by The_Blacksmith; 03-31-2011 at 16:56.
    War is a puzzle with morphing pieces

I make Ancient Weapons and Armor

Images already edited

Only writing the chapter

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 04-03-2011 at 02:58.

Sorry about being a noob, but...what does interactive mean?

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qvintvs View Post
    Sorry about being a noob, but...what does interactive mean?
    http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=interactive

In this case = we who read this AAR also take part in its direction. Kind of like this one : https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ve-AAR-Athenai
    Last edited by Arthur, king of the Britons; 04-03-2011 at 15:36.

King Arthur's Court at Camelot

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

The Lonely King.
    A Koinon Hellenon migration AAR.

Chapter 1:

Before the passing of the month, while our army was in the woods, the army of the Tauri king passed by in front of our army, possibly to invade our lands. Ah the bastard. We were ready for an ambush.

However, the greek men weren't accustomed to this type of warfare, and the enemy quickly realized there was a trap. They were able to fall back from the woods and reform to face us.

While our men were hidden inside the forest, waiting for the enemy to pass by.

While the enemy army was marching back into the woods, reformed.

The skythioi nobles were leading the army. While their shields shone with the light of the sun, and into the dense forests. They were going to be slaughtered.

Noticing that they were not going to ambush them, rather than look like fools; Captain Aripharnes sent the mercenary hippotoxotai to harass the enemy. The sun shone upon the horses.

The enemy barbaros toxotai came forward to face the incoming hippotoxotai. They were going to be exterminated.

While the enemy hippotoxotai came forward to help the severly battered toxotai.

The enemy formation came running into the woods; while our archers lit their arrows on fire and incinerated the ground and the enemy to scare them. While some of them got their clothes on fire and died painfully. Like all barbaroi should die.

The men got scared and ran back, while more fire poured on their backs and lit their clothes.

The skithioi nobles rallied their men, who were shocked and scared at our host. They rallied some skirmishers from the east and had to herd them to make them charge, while our akontistai threw their javelins at the skythioi nobles, and some of them died, the fools.

The skirmisher got momentum and had taken advantage from the akontistai not having fallen back, they charged towards the main line, hoping to kill some skirmishers and retreat.

Hah! They only managed to retreat. Our toxotai hailing fire towards those puny cowards, they had fallen back like small children.

On another side of the line; some spearmen from the lands north of anatolia were charging towards the main line; a storm of fire was descending upon them from our mercenary skythioi toxotai.

They were brave, they kept running. and the spearmen from the lands north of anatolia were charging... Against spearmen from the lands north of anatolia...

Our men were wide open, while the other men passed through the lines, they were killed by the middle and rear ranks. Not realizing the looseness of the formation, they got killed quite easily and they fell back.

They reformed outside the woods, in the clearing, and proceeded to trot towards our lines again.

They charged; once again.

Our skythioi hippotoxotai charged towards the enemy's hippotoxotai.

Enough to say, we were much stronger.

A general charge was issued to kill most of the enemy's pezoi.

While on another place; their pontikoi doruphoroi ran out to try to meet the charge of our skythioi hippotoxotai.

Their unprepared formation was split and the spears of our mercenaries tore down their soldiers. One. By. One.

The eastern skirmishers were marching back from our rain of fire. They were soon going to be slaughtered.

On the other side of the field; the skythioi nobles were being pursued by our pontic spearmen, they decided to charge against us. Unlike the enemy's pontic spearmen; we had a cohesive and strong formation; so we resisted the charge.

A bad mistake, as one of our taxeis of mercenary hippotoxotai was nearby, and decided to charge their backs. They barely got to turn around at the sound of their hooves. Many were slaughtered very nicely.

The nobleman's cavalry was slaughtered around him and they couldn't escape; they were forced to die. And it was well deserved.

The nobleman's body laid in the floor, being trampled under the horse's hooves and soldier's feet. I would have also spat on him.

There was no more battle, we could continue and chase them to the fields. But without a commander; they would go farm in their fields rather than fight us again.

Still, those are not greek farms, they are barbaroi farms. And we will not use any barbaros that comes here to ravage and steal our land. Kill them all!

In the end of the day, we counted our dead and their bodies. Our captain received the report soon.

The rest of the routed to the fields. There was no more armies to protect the king.

By the end of the month, we got to see our treasury's income falling like an arrow.

Regardless; the army moved through the fields towards the polis of Chersonesos; without any incidents or resistance. It seems the king has gotten some grudges with the demos.

The polis was removed of supplies from land. It was besieged.

The army did not surrender to our might; despite being outnumbered two to one.

In the polis of Pantikapaion; our masons and traders said that the trading colony is to be done in about three months. Possibly our income goes higher.

The last of our movements ended. There was only to wait until the enemy city falls upon our mighty hands.

I think the next month will be slow, without much to tell.

In chapter 2 the interactive setting will be presented. For now; here are the rules.
    You will represent the advisors of the king (which is me).

You are able to propose, agree, disagree or have a null vote.

Proposals are to be colored in Indigo, agreements on Dark green, and disagreements on Dark orange.

E.g. I PROPOSE this porposal
    I AGREE with this oxymoron
    I DISAGREE with this ox-like-moron

Now, I have the power to "veto". This enables me to stop proposals which I think are unnecesary or that I do not like (like blitzing). This means you will have to get double majority to force to do it in the game.
    It will be denoted with the color Dark red

E.g. I VETO this moronic ox

Chapter two will set you up for the Role-playing and whatnot.

Until then.

Regards.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 04-12-2011 at 02:28.

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

So like, what happened to this one?

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ian Kevin Curtis View Post
    Asia ton Barbaron crisis for doing too much stuff. If you would give me your IM address you would know

I'll get to work on it soon.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 04-25-2011 at 17:09.

Anyway I look forward to it, get it done when you can/get time jiri-boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur, king of the Britons View Post

Anyway I look forward to it, get it done when you can/get time jiri-boy.
    Oh yeah... Well, I forgot to back up the save when I moved from A comp to B comp. When I noticed I felt so stupid.

Well, this is dead unless I replace the posts. I have a good KH campaign... But the worse thing about AARs are the uploads and image editing.

Besides. My EB video should compensate this...?

~Jirisys ()

Don't worry, it's fine. :P