Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Org Issues and Improvements

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Default Re: Org Issues and Improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    Shouldn't the Content Managers give up their positions as Moderators to other people?
    I have no problems if a CM is also a regular moderator in a forum/subforum. However, I thought that the position of CM was created so that they could create new content/tournaments/etc and wouldn't have to bother themselves doing the everyday job of a Moderator.
    This way they can moderate when they get bored, I would think
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Content managers do not hand out infractions or 'moderate' members. When Ibn-Khaldun's post was initially made, Kagemusha had just volunteered to be switched from Moderator to Content Manager. The admins had not had a chance to remove him from the active moderator list. econ21 has since taken Kage's place in the Tea House.
    Last edited by Monk; 04-24-2011 at 11:46.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Perhaps it's possible to create more categories for the community groups? Currently they are all listed as "uncategorized". The same thing goes for the blogs.

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Good suggestion. What categories would we like to have?
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Blog Entries

The first ones that I came up with were History, Politics, Games, Fun.

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Thanks, have added those to the groups categories.

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Blog Entries

Maybe I cant find it, but I got no option where I can edit my Blog-entries.

If there is somewhere a button, someone please make me a screen, I really cant find it.

There may be other ways, but if you go to your Blog home, ie https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/blog.php?4141-Kocmoc and hover over the title you should see a pencil icon appear just to the right of the title. Clicking this should allow you to edit the blog post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by therother View Post
    There may be other ways, but if you go to your Blog home, ie https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/blog.php?4141-Kocmoc and hover over the title you should see a pencil icon appear just to the right of the title. Clicking this should allow you to edit the blog post.
    Ha! Thanks a lot, I did search like mad for this.

Knowledge is anything and asking doesnt hurt.

Yes, it's not the most user friendly of systems...

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In Firefox, when making a new post, there is an option to bold/italicize/underline text by going straight to the traditional keyboard commands (ctrl-B, etc.) instead of manually clicking it on the post options. Is there any way to enable this feature for users on Chrome?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    In Firefox, when making a new post, there is an option to bold/italicize/underline text by going straight to the traditional keyboard commands (ctrl-B, etc.) instead of manually clicking it on the post options. Is there any way to enable this feature for users on Chrome?
    That's a browser feature, not a forum feature. AFAIK, it should work on Chrome just as well as it works on Firefox and IE.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    That's a browser feature, not a forum feature. AFAIK, it should work on Chrome just as well as it works on Firefox and IE.
    Gah, I was afraid of that. I'll look into seeing if can be enabled for Chrome - hopefully it's something as easy as clicking a box.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Blog Entries

FWIW, apparently not. Ah well.

(Just posting this here in the off chance that it might help out somebody besides me.)

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I saw that animated avatars were not allowed, that intentional? I understand about file-sizes but some simple animations are smaller in size than some peoples user-choice ones.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

I hope it stays that way. Have you ever seen an animated avatar that was genuinely better than a normal picture?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Personally I have no objection to animated avatars. We have animated smilies and users can post animated gifs in their signatures. File size is the crucial thing. If someone's animated gif avatar amounts to scene from a feature film, that's not good for those waiting for the page to load, same goes for signature images.

The current avatar policy is much too restrictive and as I've said before I think it harms perceptions of the org. Allowing users to upload their own avatar (not the profile picture thing) that can be seen by guests, would be a good thing and will make the .org appear more open. Restrictions should be on dimensions and file size and the same rules that apply to any image, whether posted or displayed in the signature should apply.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There are restrictions on the file size or no feature film .gif's would ever be appearing soon.

Have you ever seen an animated avatar that was genuinely better than a normal picture?
    I have seen a few, including some very clever ones.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

I say no to the animated avatars. I am too distractable, and where they appear I usually wind up staring at them for a good while instead of enjoying the content on the threads right next to them.

I have seen some awesome ones, though, and there is one that will always stick with me.

I remember the above being a little more entertaining.
    Last edited by Motep; 05-18-2011 at 23:09. Reason: I'd hate to quote Bob Dylan here, so I just won't
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Blog Entries

Don't know if someone have already reported this but on my profile page I have the "Awards" link both in the top and in the bottom of the page.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks for spotting that, I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    Don't know if someone have already reported this but on my profile page I have the "Awards" link both in the top and in the bottom of the page.

The problem has been fixed.

WE need to change the skin colour for the NTW skin. A few problems that I have with this skin is that some colours clash quite badly withe skin. It is near impossible to wrk out who are the moderators on this skin, since the green used does not work well with the skin. I also had a look at other features and they do need work to make it look neater and easier on my eyes, which is why I am using a Blue skin. I feel that lighter shades of blue would be better than what is being used right now.

Quote Originally Posted by classical_hero View Post
    WE need to change the skin colour for the NTW skin. A few problems that I have with this skin is that some colours clash quite badly withe skin. It is near impossible to wrk out who are the moderators on this skin, since the green used does not work well with the skin. I also had a look at other features and they do need work to make it look neater and easier on my eyes, which is why I am using a Blue skin. I feel that lighter shades of blue would be better than what is being used right now.
    We're relatively short on staff members who have enough artistic talent to work on skins, and those we do have are focusing on a new skin for TWS2. Even though it is not yet finished, the new skin is, in my personal opinion, vastly superior to every other skin the Org has ever had. I think a lot of people will want to use it once it is released. I know I will, and I've been using the same skin (The Guild) for 7 years now. Until the new skin is done, I don't think we have the manpower to fix up the old ones. If a non-staff member is interested in taking on this project, we could provide the necessary access to allow that to be possible.

Blog Entries

Just noticed something odd:

Yes, that's a known bug with the mod that colorizes the names. It's on my list of things to fix, though it will require me to do some php coding which I have little experience with, so it may not get fixed soon.

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

Hello, I have a problem with editing the name of a user group I'm leader of, or rather the option to change the name of the group is currently absent. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/group.php?groupid=157

Yeah, yeah blurry picture...

In advance.

/E
    Last edited by Arthur, king of the Britons; 05-30-2011 at 16:07.

King Arthur's Court at Camelot

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

There is no automated method to change the name, but I can do it manually. What should the new name be?

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

Please change it to Strategeion. Thanks in advance.

King Arthur's Court at Camelot

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthouros, Basileos tou Albion View Post
    Please change it to Strategeion. Thanks in advance.
    Done

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast