Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Org Issues and Improvements

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: Org Issues and Improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    I'm using Firefox. I'll remove the Org cookies and see what happens. Thanks for the recommendation.

Edit: Unfortunately, clearing the cookies didn't work. First I cleared just The Org's cookies and when that didn't work, I cleared all cookies.
    I'm using Firefox as well, and am having no issues.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1319622

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1097453

I'd try the first one and restart firefox and check if it worked or not, then the second.

You have to be careful if you use firefox's password manager, because clearing the cache/cookies? deletes your saved passwords. Make sure to restart firefox after doing this stuff, just to make sure the stuff takes effect.

Other than that I don't know what the issue could be, I thought login stuff was all related to browser cookies, but there could be some website specific issues I am unaware of.
    Last edited by Csargo; 05-01-2022 at 17:34.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Edit: Unfortunately, clearing the cookies didn't work. First I cleared just The Org's cookies and when that didn't work, I cleared all cookies.
    I'd suggest you clear all site data from totalwar.org and not just cookies. It's possible you have older pages and scripts in your cache.
    Last edited by therother; 05-01-2022 at 18:13.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by therother View Post
    I'd suggest you clear all site data from totalwar.org and not just cookies. It's possible you have older pages and scripts in your cache.
    I cleared ALL cookies and site data and I still have to login every time I come here. I'm clearing it using Firefox. Any other thoughts?
    This space intentionally left blank

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

You could rule out issues with your account by testing another browser and seeing if you remain logged in. You could try clearing all data from all sites, in case there's something interfering with our cookies.

Other than those, could you give me a bit more detail on the issue. I assume you aren't seeing this problem with other sites? Does the site log you out after 15 mins or so, or is it after a longer timeframe that you are logged out, maybe after a browser restart?

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Okay, Chrome and Edge browser are working fine. I am staying logged in, so it seems to only be an issue with Firefox. I have not experienced this issue with any other site.

I have cleared all site data and cookies for all sites via Firefox's "Clear browsing data" function and that does not help at all. As far as what is happening, I'm launching Firefox, and coming to the Org via a Favorites/bookmark. The forum page loads as if I am not logged in to an account. I'm entering my User ID and password ("Remember Me" is checked by default but I've tried unchecking and then re-checking that box). The Org reloads with my account. I can browse around the Org forums as normal. When I'm done, I close down Firefox. Next time I launch Firefox and come here, I get the general forum page as if I'm not logged in.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

When I'm done, I close down Firefox. Next time I launch Firefox and come here, I get the general forum page as if I'm not logged in.
    I use Firefox and this happens to me, but it is expected behavior. I have Firefox set to delete cookies/history when exiting, so if I shut it down I have to log in again. The "Remember me" box won't fix that, I think it only keeps you logged in past the inactive timeout (I can't remember how long it is).
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Should the post-direct link (e.g. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053832279) scroll you down to the post in question? I think it used to, but nowadays it just loads at the top of the page.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Should the post-direct link (e.g. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053832279) scroll you down to the post in question? I think it used to, but nowadays it just loads at the top of the page.
    This brings me down to #336, so it seems like it's working as intended for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Okay, Chrome and Edge browser are working fine. I am staying logged in, so it seems to only be an issue with Firefox. I have not experienced this issue with any other site.
    I think that rules out some kind of error with your account, unless it's somehow Firefox specific.

I have cleared all site data and cookies for all sites via Firefox's "Clear browsing data" function and that does not help at all. As far as what is happening, I'm launching Firefox, and coming to the Org via a Favorites/bookmark. The forum page loads as if I am not logged in to an account. I'm entering my User ID and password ("Remember Me" is checked by default but I've tried unchecking and then re-checking that box). The Org reloads with my account. I can browse around the Org forums as normal. When I'm done, I close down Firefox. Next time I launch Firefox and come here, I get the general forum page as if I'm not logged in.
    Are you browsing for more than 10-15 mins in one session (a session being the time between logging in and when you close Firefox)? For instance, does it log you out after one hour of browsing? If not, it means your browser has correctly received and is using our cookie. If that is the case, I'm a bit puzzled by this one. Is it possible you've set some site specific cookie policy for the Org in Firefox?
    Last edited by therother; 05-08-2022 at 10:57.

Thanks for the ideas, therother. I'm puzzled too. I haven't changed anything and I don't do site specific cookie policies. The only change I can think of is I may have gotten an update to Firefox. Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it. Login back in isn't too much of a hassle. But if it annoys me too much, I can switch to Chrome.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I've suddenly discovered that the ? and ? characters in my user title aren't displaying properly, even if they did display when I typed them into my user profile page again to see whether that would fix the problem and they do display here alright.

Edit: I've reloaded this post and they don't display either. They're supposed to be an o with umlaut (U+00F6) and an s with a caron (U+0161).
    Last edited by El Barto; 07-18-2022 at 21:30.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Member thankful for this post:

Genava 

Is there any upcoming development to solve the issue with accented characters?

This should now be resolved.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

OK, let's see whether they work…

Pity that so many posts will have been made into a jumble.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112