Thread: Differences between difficulties

Default Differences between difficulties

How is the jump from hard to very hard. Is it as big as a jump as normal to hard was? The jump from normal to hard seemed significant just in diplomacy. After that the ashigaru spam the computer did was easy enough to counter.

Also, the battle AI in Very Hard, is it smarter or does the computer get bonuses.

And is there any difference in AI in Legendary or is Legendary V.Hard + player restrictions.

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Default Re: Differences between difficulties

I've only played normal, VH and legendary, so can't help with your first query. I believe legendary is the same as VH plus added restrictions.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

I found the camera is restricted in Very Hard but not in Hard.

Previously I believe the camera was only restricted in battles where you were the attacker. As the defender you could always look at the entire map. Now you can always freely look at the entire map in Hard, but never (?) in Very Hard.

At what point in the difficulty levels (if any) does the AI start to cheat?

The computer players get bonuses to production on the campaign map and to unit strength on the battle map. On normal the computer gets a handicap to production. So there is no perfectly even setting in Shogun 2.