Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: games junk and l call it like it is and ca dont like it..lmao

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Default Re: games junk and l call it like it is and ca dont like it..lmao

Only a game? ONLY A GAME?! *goes completely crazy and destroys office*

PS-- The latest from CA's Shogun 2 facebook page (3 hours ago): We're still working very hard on a multitude of fixes for Shogun 2 - but in the meantime, we're pleased to announce the release of the Shogun 2 and Napoleon: Total War soundtracks!
    Hunter_Bachus

Blog Entries

I was about to get a nice negative post in here, but after all, Im empty. I try to figure out things, post like a mad men, PM Jack about accuracy-velocity-curve (most wont notice right now) and in the end you get nothing in return. This is getting frustrating, really, I start to lose to believe in this more and more. 4 weeks now... I cant sum up the amount of time i put into testing over the last weeks, my steamcounter says 180 hours, which is clearly too much, with 10h work a day, 4h sleep and 2 kids who start chasing me around 5 o clock in the morning.

I hardly need some positive signs!

Good night ladies, im off to bed now and cry me a river....

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kocmoc View Post
    I was about to get a nice negative post in here, but after all, Im empty.
    I can imagine the feeling, I sometimes get it just by reading all those posts.

Perhaps we are really letting ourselves get dragged down all too much by our pet problems. After all, there are so many good and promising aspect here too. I guess we are falling into that trap that human nature holds in place for all of us : namely that negative signals get noticed 10x stronger than positive signals.

This is an instinct that has ensured our survival in the olden days of prehistoric time - when life or death would depend on noticing the slightest signal of a potential danger (like a tiger sneaking up on us through the bushes). But in modern life it leads us to make those terrible mistakes of our days, like scolding our friends, children or employees for every mistake they make, but forgetting to praise them for the good things they do (not scolded should already be enough of praise, right?).

Kocmoc, to give you something positive, let me tell you that I have so far played many very nice and enjoyable games with Tsavong, Jochi Kahn, the Aggonies (although my troops did not purely enjoy meeting those guys, their pixels still hurt from the encounter). So yes, the game is good. It could perhaps still be so much better, but it is good enough to play among friends, and there are a lot of friends there to play with.

So do go ahead and cry yourself a river, but then take a soothing bath in that stream and the salt water will heal your wounds and ease your pain. And dont forget to take your fising rod with you for a great day out.

Last edited by Nigel; 04-11-2011 at 22:39.

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Good points, Nigel. Obviously there is a lot of potential in the game or we wouldn't give it even a backwards glance. The more raw potential, however, the more frustrating it is to see it go unrealized. Some nights the servers seem to be plagued by different-than-normal bugs. It seems like a lot of the problems are server-side and that they are hotfixing the bajesus out of their servers to try and fix the problems but that each time they tweak it, something else goes wrong... this is just my impression from playing a few hours every night with different issues coming up. I do the same stuff every night and every night the bugs I encounter are slightly different.

So on the plus side-- I really think they are working on it. On the minus side I think Kocmoc is right-- this appears to be beyond their expertise. They should probably call in some mercenaries with massive MP experience to sort it out for them.
    Hunter_Bachus

Protecting the border fort Member Chimpyang's Avatar

Patch Patch Patch! And almost all the fixes are MP!

The game is not crap,its quite good.

Thankfully,I've played the Multiplayer,and it doesnt seem that broken,With my friends yes we have played a lot of games,the 1 vs 1 is enjoyable.

Its good.

They will fix the game,do not worry.

Something that I think could possibly help this game/community out is: real-life fan clubs. Too much of the "community" is based online. Too much of society today is based online. When are we going to realize that this isn't the way to meet people and build community? These fansites (.org/.net/whatever else there is that I am not aware of yet) should all have real-life groups of people who get together and play in person backing them up. Now obviously this isn't possible for everyone to get together but there could be chapters. It would be lots more work but it go a very long ways towards fixing many community problems.

But I mean, not likely.

im banned as well just at the day i read that a patch is launched in a month lol....... .com moderators come closest in comparison with the Chinese gouverment ;)
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

I was in fact amazed seeing you posting there. The .com has been incredibly pro-CA and conservative in its moderation for more than 5 years now... posting there about real issues is a waste of time. Its not the place for people to speak their minds at all - it never has been. Its part of why the org is so important - telling the truth about TW games has never been a taboo here.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

well i perhaps hoped things have changed...... they did everything to control my voice.... and i warned them in all honestly of teh state of teh agme before release and the last month but somehow it felt i was communicating with a pine apple tree........ :)

Protecting the border fort Member Chimpyang's Avatar

When did you last talk to a pineapple tree?! :P

when i did last saw one im a nature lover :)

not to worry Maggy,,your in good company...

picture i made many years ago, nothing changed.....

Last edited by Magyar Khan; 04-19-2011 at 13:15. Reason: old picture added

Quote Originally Posted by CanCritter View Post
    Dear The Critter Speaks,

You have received an infraction at Total War forums - official forums of the Total War series.

Reason: CA / SEGA Bashing
    -------
    You have been issued infraction points for deliberately opening a thread to attack developers. Further behaviour of this kind will result in a ban being applied automatically to your account.
    -------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

long live the org
    oh and the infraction read as..."its nothing but quiters and bugs...wheres my ban feature?,,,CA you folks shure screwed up this time but with your track record l was expecting anything else?

My Thoughts
    "
    lm gona git myself banned for kicks and tellin the truth...cant be bothered with thier type
    They did the same thing to me.
    Fix resetting of specialty units and stats for Shogun II, still not able to, hmmmm.
    Plug pullers epitomize what a true loser is.
    NEXT TOTAL WAR AFTER ROME II: HAS TO BE CHINA!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12