Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: games junk and l call it like it is and ca dont like it..lmao

Default games junk and l call it like it is and ca dont like it..lmao

Dear The Critter Speaks,

You have received an infraction at Total War forums - official forums of the Total War series.

Reason: CA / SEGA Bashing
    -------
    You have been issued infraction points for deliberately opening a thread to attack developers. Further behaviour of this kind will result in a ban being applied automatically to your account.
    -------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

long live the org
    oh and the infraction read as..."its nothing but quiters and bugs...wheres my ban feature?,,,CA you folks shure screwed up this time but with your track record l was expecting anything else?

My Thoughts
    "
    lm gona git myself banned for kicks and tellin the truth...cant be bothered with thier type
    Last edited by CanCritter; 04-07-2011 at 14:55.

Default Re: games junk and l call it like it is and ca dont like it..lmao

And what do you expect CA to do about the quitters there not a feature of the game there a feature of the community (us) what ever they do there will be people who will quite, I can't think why you don't loose anything from staying to the end you even gain xp for doing so even if you loose.
    Last edited by Tsavong; 04-07-2011 at 19:31.

<code>ninja</code> Clan Nikodil's Avatar

True, you cant stop quitters. But you can take away the incentive and negative effects of quitting. Just look at World of Tanks. If you choose to prematurely exit the game, it doesn't really matter much, the battle will still continue until the end. And until it does, your tank is locked and you can't start another battle with it. So there's really no point in quitting, you're better of if you keep playing, even when the situation is really bad. Unless your tank is dead of course. Then you usually quit, and no-one really cares, because again, it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by Nikodil; 04-07-2011 at 20:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavong View Post
    And what do you expect CA to do about the quitters there not a feature of the game there a feature of the community (us) what ever they do there will be people who will quite, I can't think why you don't loose anything from staying to the end you even gain xp for doing so even if you loose.
    People care about the ladder, which is based on wins/losses. There's even an achievement and a retainer for being #1 on the ladder.

Also, sometimes people just get mad at you and quit because they don't like how you played or your army composition, so they quit to stop you from getting points. They don't get any either, but you miss out on more.

It is a pretty unacceptable situation. CA made a huge mistake by making the games hosted by the players instead of on their servers. It's not clear what they can do now; their little "dishonorable coward" solution isn't going to do anything.

Is this for people who disconnect or for people who 'Concede Defeat'. Is someone who concedes defeat a quitter or is it just people who pull the plug on their connection so they don't take the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by MCM View Post
    CA made a huge mistake by making the games hosted by the players instead of on their servers. It's not clear what they can do now; their little "dishonorable coward" solution isn't going to do anything.
    Not sure how effective that would be CA hosting the games a batter way would be for the host to change to another player if one drops out.

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hamysho View Post
    Is this for people who disconnect or for people who 'Concede Defeat'. Is someone who concedes defeat a quitter or is it just people who pull the plug on their connection so they don't take the loss.
    Conceding Defeat is a more honourable end.

It is not quitting, but it would still be more honorable if you stayed.

There is always something to learn, even in the last fleeting minutes of defeat.

And if you can manage to congratulate your opponent on their victory, you too will have won; a friend.

HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Unfortunately it's an internet "feature".

On-line games have all sorts of people; some go out of their way to waste other peoples time; some will game the system for ego boosts; unfortunately, the only counter is to play people you know or trust. The solution kind of defeats the point of having a "world" of opponents to choose from.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You think CA is going to care about what you say at .Com?

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Of course CA cares what he says-- thats why they sanctioned him. There was a time when the .org was handing out bans for similar conduct and thats when the .net got formed.

Anyway-- the thing you have to remember is this-- If you come onto my property and insult me to my face in front of my guests, I'm going to ask you to behave or leave my property. That is all that CA is doing here. They dont appreciate being insulted on their turf. Fair enough. You can keep insulting them and take your ban Critter, but I suggest you tone it down a notch and instead "flirt with the line." Its like being in verbal skirmish mode-- criticize them but dont cross the line to insult. Its more entertaining to watch than an outright ban.
    Hunter_Bachus

Tomisawa get some tournments up and running and save us from this baloney!! Im sure many of us would be open to having an online meeting to discuss the fairest possible rules available..

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Blog Entries

We need a new definition of what the community is and how useful Tournaments are like the CWC.

I want to add here, the heavy asked chat/foyer, which is now there (actual useless liek it is), but not used at all.

There are maybe "many" player, but this isnt a community at all, most people dont know each other, tons of so called "clans" where half of them hit alt-f4 or use artillery.
    I think that the Org and also some of the "oldtimer" lost contact to what they call community.

Here at the org isnt the online community, its mostly some old player from the old days, thats it. The structure of the org is too hard to enter for those many new player, who like it a lot easier.

A tourney like CWC will mostly just get old guys involved, it will provide some fun for a small group of the S2-playerbase, but i doubt that it wont hit a big part of the community. We are split all over the internet, some are here, some are on the net, some are on the com and everywhere people pop up and behave as they would exactly know whats going on.

The game is crap! The basics, the potential is good, no doubt. But with the heavy problems we have online, the game lost so much, that you hardly can call it any good.
    Its seen everywhere, people complain full time...

Now we have here a handful of player, who like to play hosted battles and play vs. each other all the time. Good for you, enjoy it, but dont think that you reflect the community of S2! You dont!

The majority, which kinda build is the community, wants MM battles and ranked fights, ladder or clancampaigns.
    I myself want to play quick battles, fight with my vets and the army i like to play with online and gain ranking in the ladder.
    You and other want different things, fine. People are different, thats human nature.

I just look online, see a trend and that isnt the old system with CWC or CWB or whatever!

CA is in charge here, they have the potential and the masses! I would like to see XFire battles with the best ranked player online.

wondering if l can use those 2 points CA gave me to use on my skills tree for Verbal Banter
    theres no stopping quiters but with a ban feature l shure could wittle them down to the point lm not getting 4-5 quiters in row
    Last edited by CanCritter; 04-08-2011 at 14:07.

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So View Post
    Tomisawa get some tournments up and running and save us from this baloney!! Im sure many of us would be open to having an online meeting to discuss the fairest possible rules available..
    game is still too buggy. might be worth waiting for the patch at this point before the serious tourneys roll out :D

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Protecting the border fort Member Chimpyang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kocmoc View Post
    We need a new definition of what the community is and how useful Tournaments are like the CWC....
    There are some very interesting points that you raise here Kocmoc.

I would counter with:
    1. We paid for the game as well as the majority not here (that speak rightly speak of as more the community of this game), one of the features advertised was the ability to play classic battles. This feature of the game has proven to be bugged to date, and it would be nice to get a fix for it. Regardless of how we like to use it.

2. Chat isn't dead, everyone's very shy to actually type something. I started a conversation the other day by asking if people could see my hosted battle, and once the icebreaker was made, people got involved etc...now I've yet to see circa 100 people in chat at any one time (which IIRC was the average number when I used to log onto MTW and MTW VI), but if we can foster some conversation, it might just ease things along a bit.

3. Regarding rankings, I would much rather see CA adopt a transparent ELO based scoring system for MM matches. The ethos of 'reward EVERYBODY' and let them ALL achieve is flawed in my view. As is the alt-f4 ragequit ladder manipulation. IMO, to play competitively should also incur the risk of losing appropriate ranking points in the face of a loss. My other fave interim RTS - RUSE, adopted something like this, but only externally in steam, and I far more care about my ELO score than my ingame 'level' as it is a truer reflection of my skill within the community.

I have no problem with MM, it's innovative and offers a new experience to MP, however, given the fevered pageanting to the old crowd with classic battles. It would be nice to see a fix to this parallel MP feature before long.
    Last edited by Chimpyang; 04-08-2011 at 20:03.

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Haha, good one Critter. And good points Chimpyang and Kocmoc. The bottom line is that CA has all the power to bring this community together by fixing the game. If they can fix it with a good patch or two, then the community will thrive. If they dont fix it, we'll continue to see little pockets of people who are able to squeeze some fun out of it with a lot of effort, patience, and downtime. We could have the best community site of any game, and if the game stinks, the community site will be dead. This is completely in CA's hands now. I wish them the best of luck in resolving the many issues with the MP side.
    Hunter_Bachus

The chat/foyer and the inability to see all games is killing the community. Having most of the guys here as friends and able to see them log on or off is just not enough.

I enjoy playing with my clan members but I also very much enjoy playing with and versus the Aggonies, RW's, Heerbanns or any veteran players or clans that I once shared the battlefield many moons ago. The present system makes it very difficult.

It is frustrating not to see ALL games hosted. I have yet to play with King or Kocmoc, or even the legendary Warman. :P

If they fix that then we as a community have a great chance to come together... we may also be able to control the cowards from quitting at least to a minimum.

Just as in the old days... if you are not willing to play by the rules, you will be branded as a quitter and not allowed to play any reindeer games with the rest.
    Last edited by Hunter KIng George; 04-09-2011 at 00:02.
    Hunter King George Visit the Realm of the Hunters:
    Proud participant of the Code of Honor. Have you signed the code?

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

you know where to find me your highness

although these days I been busy playing Football Manager 2011 >_> blame Ducky :D

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

<code>ninja</code> Clan Nikodil's Avatar

I'm not entirely sure that CA thinks it has the incentive to support a thriving MP community. Their customer base has always been the SPers and recent efforts are ment to bring the SPers online (the so called Massively Singleplayer Online genre). Perhaps to provide an alternative to the AI opponent. Their business model seems to be base on DLC. While the avatar conquest thing supports that model, classic mode with fair and equal game play really does not. So even though they bring the majority of players online, it looks like the conflict with the solitary SPer and the social MPers will remain.

Well imo unless matchmaker is vastly improved i think we will see a slow gradual return to the ntw style community, if they fix the foyer that would be sweet i see like 1 friend maximum in the public foyer cause its broken up, i have over 100 friends that play totalwar on my list. The cwc will do just fine im sure it was thriving in all releases and doing well in NTW people are just having tunnel vision for the ladders at the moment because its new but theres really no skill in climbing it so i doubt it will stay popular for long.

Mike i think you belittle (not in a nasty way) the CWC somewhat it was doing well in NTW and i dont see any reason why it should not be sucessful in stw2, Ofc maybe u dont know much about it at the moment since u have been afk a long time from totalwar but theres already 42 clans registered for the CWC Spring games. Thats alot of clan players willing to give it a bash and personally i cant wait for the start will be so much fun to face better quality players in a tournament setting than this ladder nub farming. Theres clans from all sites involved in the cwc i see regulars from the .com from the twc and the org in the signups.

Sure its going to take some thinking to get a balanced rule set with the current game but i believe its well doable espcially if we go the route of no vet games using the avatar mode. I suggest tomisawa starts some online meetings with most of the involved clans to discuss with them what may be a balanced rule set. Im certainly ready to provide my input if needed.
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 04-09-2011 at 09:29.

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So View Post
    Well imo unless matchmaker is vastly improved i think we will see a slow gradual return to the ntw style community, if they fix the foyer that would be sweet i see like 1 friend maximum in the public foyer cause its broken up, i have over 100 friends that play totalwar on my list. The cwc will do just fine im sure it was thriving in all releases and doing well in NTW people are just having tunnel vision for the ladders at the moment because its new but theres really no skill in climbing it so i doubt it will stay popular for long.

Mike i think you belittle (not in a nasty way) the CWC somewhat it was doing well in NTW and i dont see any reason why it should not be sucessful in stw2, Ofc maybe u dont know much about it at the moment since u have been afk a long time from totalwar but theres already 42 clans registered for the CWC Spring games. Thats alot of clan players willing to give it a bash and personally i cant wait for the start will be so much fun to face better quality players in a tournament setting than this ladder nub farming. Theres clans from all sites involved in the cwc i see regulars from the .com from the twc and the org in the signups.

Sure its going to take some thinking to get a balanced rule set with the current game but i believe its well doable espcially if we go the route of no vet games using the avatar mode. I suggest tomisawa starts some online meetings with most of the involved clans to discuss with them what may be a balanced rule set. Im certainly ready to provide my input if needed.
    Maybe you dont get my point. I dont say CWC wont do fine, it will, but only for a small group of the "community". The majority of MP right now, never heard about the CWC, they have completely different goals.
    Your definition of fun is quite different from what other people call it.

I just pointed out, that we have a small group of player/clans, who play there game (CWC or CWB or whatever), which is good, fine with me.
    But does this little group reflect the community? I dont think so, its a small part. Thatswhy I mentioned, that we need a new definition about what community is.

I myself got tired in the old days, to win all the time vs. the same people. Not that its more fun to roll new guys, but with a larger community, more challanges will raise and one of them (actual for the majority of the game) are the ladders!

Do you think ca will make the necessary changes to the automatch tho? they have made the same mistakes they made with NTW and actually fixed but way too late.

Buddha

it seems they make the same mistakes with each title as far as mp goes. is it that difficult to build upon what you had previous? the simplest requirement, a chat lobby for everyone, they've not had in three releases now.

anyway, weren't you a mod at the old .commie cancritter? :lol

Blog Entries

They lack the personal. They work with guys, who have not enough or no experience with MP at all.
    You can see that everywhere, the ladder is bad designed (which is pure math, there is nothing hard with it, look at other games which got it well done), clancampaign is bad designed (where on earth is the competition?),
    No tourneys planned, the chat/foyer is devided... many bonuses and effects are bad designed. The major problem is, that they dont got real good player, who can explain them what a good momentum is and whats needed.

Not to mention the disaster with MM or all the stability problems. I would go out and recruit me some top people, who actual know how to create a challenging MP game!

Its obvious, its seen on other games, its not too hard to get this done!

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Indeed one gets the impression that they must have quite a turn-over rate in their staff.
    How else could it be explained that a lot of good features from one title get "taken out" or rather get forgotten to add to the next title. To us players it feels like they are taking steps backward, but really I think their (new) staff are just not aware of the issues that were there and were resolved in the past.

Not trying to rant, just looking for an explanation of what always puzzles me.

But yes, on the positive side: I am looking forward to see how the good, community made tournaments are going.
    Quite a few seem to be coming up :)

Sorry Gentlemen (and Ladies) but your discussion I can sum up as .... blabalbalbla.
    If you don't like quitters - just play with your friends and f... rest.
    CA will not let you on telling the truth about their game because there are still so many teens who will buy this game.
    They are just CA - what can we say more.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Blog Entries

Just remember at the ending of the day........

If you don't like it, stop complaining and leave! Stop being elitists and leave! There is many other games that will welcome you into their MP communties. I myself still play BF2 MP and going to get into L4D and back into Guild Wars in conjuction with TW MP.

But what do I know?

Protecting the border fort Member Chimpyang's Avatar

Warman: I fail to see a coherent point that you are making in the post above...

But, I'm guessing what you're aiming at and I would counter with : It's not being elitist if you want to play a game in a certain way (It's called being different, I play the Project Reality mod for BF2, but unlike a VERY few in that community, I don't believe I am somehow better than the people who play BF2, I just enjoy PR more). However, it IS elitist if you believe that those who do not play the game the way you would like are somehow inferior to yourself. There's plenty of frustration coming as a result of the former, with very little evidence to suggest that the latter is true. I am as always, happy to be proved wrong.
    Last edited by Chimpyang; 04-11-2011 at 18:12.

Blog Entries

I don't think you get me.

I am uttely tired of seeing the same MP players complaining about how bad a game is but not testing it, not playing it or brifely or whatever. I played here 7 years straight. Straight

I have played though the diablce called RTW and M2TW, I started actively on MP on VI, not RTW as many would like to wished, I have played with some of the best in the game. I didn't go running off just because the stats on RTW was different then MTW did I? Sure, I still love MTW 1 and VI the most....

but I Moved on. Something some MP people of this forum refuse to do.

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Just keep calm guys. After all it is only a game and everyone plays to their liking.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast