Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Tosa Cup: 1v1 Org Tournement - Begins 7th May

Default Re: The Tosa Cup: 1v1 Org Tournement - Begins 7th May

is there a time limit?
    Last edited by Cu'Roi; 05-05-2011 at 01:03.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dmcheatw View Post
    is there a time limit?
    Not for the games itself, You play till you are done.

Quick last-minute suggestion: If both players are rank 10 maybe the third match should be ultra funds. This would add a new dimension to the set, namely how well you are able to manage your vets throughout and put together a decent army still at the end. Imo it's a vital component of the game (even tho ppl prefer to alt f4 with multiple ultra-funds battles in a row) and having an ultra funds match be the final one will allow players to make good use of that skill if they have it.

Where I can see tournament bracket?

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [IMP]_Aizenkur View Post
    Where I can see tournament bracket?
    It will not appear until we start the tournament, as the system generates the bracket automatically using a random seeding method. The preliminary bracket will be up this evening (probably around 10-11pm EST), though it will not be 'final' until tomorrow morning as we may need to swap some players around to maximize entertainment value. Don't stress too much about finding your partner immediately. We're revising the time schedule a bit to add some more flexibility. Hopefully we'll go quickly and fight a lot of matches in the first evening, but if there are problems or a large number of the players haven't showed up to fight, we will extend the time frame to the full weekend for the first round, or perhaps longer depending on circumstances. The objective is simply to make sure that everyone has as much fun as possible.

The best thing to do is keep checking this forum regularly during this weekend. Everything you need to know will be posted in here. In addition, there will be several designated Gamemaster online on the forums AND on Steam for pretty much the entire weekend. These people will be able to answer any questions you have, help you figure out who you're fighting, and have admin powers on the tournament system so that they can advance winning players on the bracket if the losing player does not report their own loss. The Gamemasters will also be receiving your battle replays, and will be converting some of them (particularly the end rounds) into youtube videos which will be uploaded into the Org's video library so that everyone can watch them easily.
    Last edited by TinCow; 05-07-2011 at 00:27.

Are the replays going to be open to the public for us shoutcasters? I'm really interested in doing Shogun 2 videos, and I happen to love tournaments. :D
    Gunther's Shogun 2 Avatar Conquest, a Let's Play: http://www.youtube.com/user/DasGuntLord01#grid/user/185FE072326EBB8C

Quote Originally Posted by DasGuntLord01 View Post
    Are the replays going to be open to the public for us shoutcasters? I'm really interested in doing Shogun 2 videos, and I happen to love tournaments. :D
    Yes. Replays are going to be available in two ways. First, the replay files themselves will be hosted on the Org. I will post a pack for each round of the tournament as they are completed with all the replays from every match included. After the tournament is over, I will post a final pack with all of the replays from the entire tournament in a single compressed file. Second, a large number of the matches will be converted into video and hosted on the Org's media library. We were originally planning on doing the video conversions ourselves, but jackie_fish and AzureCuzYeah have both generously offered to create videos and do commentary, so we're going to let them run with it as our official videographers/commentators. They will be posting the videos as they complete them.
    Last edited by TinCow; 05-07-2011 at 16:11.

All video replays will be posted here as they are created (three are already available!), so keep checking back to see the action.

Many thanks to jackie_fish and AzureTotalWar for their help with this.

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Just posting here to say GG to [IMP]_ZardoZ, who beat me fair and square in 2 battles.

The first battle actually did not get played to the end as we lost connection in the middle of it. But ZardoZ had won the archery duel and, pressed by his archery fire, I was making a desparate charge at him. This was just about to turn badly for me when the disconnect happened. There was no question about the fact that the victroy belonged to him (and, LOL, I actually got the DC Trait from this bug).

In the second battle we managed to fight it to the end. He also beat me in this one and I wish im best of luck for his next battles.

GG
    Nigel

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

Hi Everyone, round 1 is being expanded until nighttime tomorrow. This means you have today Saturday and Sunday to try and play your round 1 match.

Any player who has played this match already may continue advancing on the ladder as far as possible. We also ask that everyone join the steam org group chat so its easier to find your opponent. Also add me, Kocmoc and TinCow to your friends list so that we can help you as well.

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12