Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Shogun 2 Realism + | Main Thread: Feedback & Discussion

TW Modder Since 2005 Member DaVinci's Avatar

Default Re: Shogun 2 Realism + | Main Thread: Feedback & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rolepgeek View Post
    Hey...Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't doing something very simple solve the problem TheStealth brought up? Have semi low morale, but, very easy to turn on and slightly more difficult to turn on 'fight to the death'. Think realistically. If you're in the middle of the enemy, with them all around(and I don't think there was such a thing as war prisoners in Japan then...), you're not going to try and run through them and get slaughtered, you're going to fight as best you can. Also, fight to the death should infer some melee attack bonuses, as desperate men fight harder. That way, attacking routing foes would be a risk that may not be worth it...

EDIT: Also, an idea, that would truly make the mod unique(At least I don't think it's been done before...) is a way to make it so only some of the 'kills' in battle were actual kills, others were injuries that would take a few months to heal, (one turn), and others were just knockouts or wounds that would take a few days or a week to heal(ready in time for next battle.) Of course, any wounded left on the field by the loser would die, but I don't know whether the knockouts would be strong enough to fight off the enemy or escape, or if the winners would let them go, or kill them...Maybe a choice like in the other total war games, except no ransom or prisoners, but releasing them adds a trait, and the more times you do it, it can get your honor up? And maybe down eventually(if you're 'squeamish'). As well, any wounded in winter don't survive the season...so waging war in winter adds an extra level of danger. AND ANOTHER IDEA: Maybe, when you're in your own provinces, during the fall, ashigaru would suffer severe 'attrition', from the ashigaru deserting to go back to their farms? If you're in an enemy province it's not as big a deal, since they wouldn't exactly be able to make it back in time... I just think this might add some more realism. Might be hard to do though.
    Good thoughts.
    First paragraph, the stealth thing is beyond modding abilities, afaik. I didn't ever see a coding line that adressed it. So it would be CA's task to make something here.
    Second paragraph, the injuries and wounded item is reflected with the replenishment of men. More detailled modding is in this regard, iirc., not possible. However, i'll try to look at it, if i go back to the files for a next update, perhaps there is something, i believe there was something for AI battle calculation, i mean to remember i applied such codes as well for the autocalcs, but well, they do not count for real played out battles by human and AI.
    Modding is limited to just what open files offer.
    Last edited by DaVinci; 03-09-2012 at 03:19.
    TWC Wiki: List of TW Modding Contributions 2005-2011
    Release 12.2012: Third Age TW Realism+
    Release 04.2013: Rise of the Samurai Realism+

Support: Greenpeace
    LIVING ...WITH... WAR
    What's really more disappointing than dis-information and non-education?
    A certain degree of intentional ignorance paired with obvious stupidy /DV

Aww.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold I View Post
    This is not to hard to install is it?
    No.

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

I recently played a long campaign and the realm divide bar was at ca. 5% when I finished the campaign. Was that a bug of my game or did you really change realm divide that much?

Adittionally I think you could use the formations of the Rise of the Samurai Campaign. This would look really great as there are no perfect lines in the formation.

From release thread...

Info update 24.03.2012: S2R+ does not work with the latest CA patches (15, 16) of end March 2012, means the FotS patches are incompatible with mods created prior to these CA patches. See also this post of mine.

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

Hey guys I'm wondering if this mod still has any life in it? Will we ever be able to play it again if we have the steam version?

Same here, Steam version and FotS, do we have some hope, My Lord Da Vinci?

Only the Rise of the Samurai version works. The Sengoku one is being worked on to be compatible for the newest version by somebody else.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

I offered DestinFaroda to continue S2R+. Check here: S2R+ on TWC

Atm. he has made S2R+ compatible for the S2 patches, he says it's quasi finished to S2R+ v3.0 incl. Otomo compatibility, however you guys could help him to advance his S2 realism developments.

I personally am out of S2 modding and went over to R2 modding (Rome2TotalRealism project - R2TR).

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

Hi there,
    I have updated S2R+ and it is now compatible with the most current Shogun 2 patch. The only thing left to do is the Otomo clan. When that is done, S2R+ 3.0 will be released and I will provide further support in case of bugs.

Sticked.

So from on here, the thread is used for version 3.0, compatible with latest CA patches and dlc's, provided by Destin Faroda.
    Last edited by DaVinci; 10-26-2013 at 14:54.

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

Yes!

I'll try it out when I got the time and finish a campaign.

Dude no way, I'd given up hope. thank you so much.

I want to give it a try but is the version 3 already finished ? On TWC there are 2 different threads and one is marked ''WIP''. I'm a bit confused

They're made by different people.

One is Total Realism which is a WIP based off of Da Vinci's mod I believe it's focusing on Boshin.

The other two are a Realism Plus which is based on Sengoku Japan and the RoTS version both made by Davinci, the original realism mod has been discontinued.

Ok, thx.

Default Re: Shogun 2 Realism + | Release & Discussion Thread

Hello,

I just installed S2R+, opened the custom battle setup, and realized there are no entries in the encyclopedia for any of the new units. This mod seems incredibly awesome, but if there are ten or more different spear infantry units and no comparative basis for which to choose, it's going to make this mod really really hard to play. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by jermungand View Post
    This mod seems incredibly awesome, but if there are ten or more different spear infantry units and no comparative basis for which to choose, it's going to make this mod really really hard to play. What do I do?
    Look at the stats and abilities and take the unit best suited for your playstyle. Custom battle mode does show you the correct unit stats and abilities.

Hi all, I have downloaded the mod and I'm surprised by the fact that it's only 1,39 mbs O.O

First I want to thanks all of you for this mod, because seems exactly what I want. But I don't think it's working properly, I don't know it's a bug or a feature and I'm a idiot. Here is question.

I'm starting a campaign with Takeda, but somehow I have two cavalries with strange name. I know you guys have change the name, so that's not the problem, but I have a Light Cavalry l Takeda with 45 soldiers, and also a Light Cavalry l Han with 120 soldiers!! It's that working properly?

Also, I can only recluit two Ashigaru Swordmans for my faction, one Inaka and other Han (I think)

Thanks again for making this mod!

Also, my English is shit, so I'm sorry if I'm difficult to be understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Bencroff View Post
    Hi all, I have downloaded the mod and I'm surprised by the fact that it's only 1,39 mbs O.O
    7zip is one of the best compression tools available.

I'm starting a campaign with Takeda, but somehow I have two cavalries with strange name. I know you guys have change the name, so that's not the problem, but I have a Light Cavalry l Takeda with 45 soldiers, and also a Light Cavalry l Han with 120 soldiers!! It's that working properly?
    Shouldn't it be 60 and 120? Do you play with reduced unit sizes?

Also, I can only recluit two Ashigaru Swordmans for my faction, one Inaka and other Han (I think)
    That is quite possible. This mod uses absolute unit caps and katana units were actually not used on the battlefield. Katanas could easily brake and they have worse range in contrast to a 2m or 5m yari.
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; 09-01-2014 at 13:24.

As DF said, 45 and 120 men is merely improbable, 60 and 120 sounds better, unless the quality of those units or other circumstances (with realism background) would underline that huge men difference, ie. "Takeda" a very rare elite unit, and the "Han" light cav is a usual light cav unit, iirc.., ie. not the case for the "Takeda" one.

But it's way too back in the past, as i (or we, the team) did all the unit conceptions, i can't say anything reliable anymore ;)

That said, the usage of other mods with S2R+, if not mentioned as fully compatible in the according release sections, is the players risk that something weird pops up.
    Last edited by DaVinci; 09-03-2014 at 22:14.

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

Unit Movement Reduction mod
    I remember this mod being implemented by default but am not sure if it's still in any more in 3.1? My units seem to be as fastly moving as in vanilla game. Am I just imagining this?

I know you guys have change the name, so that's not the problem, but I have a Light Cavalry l Takeda with 45 soldiers

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112