Thread: Important.

Default Important.

Have you noticed that in the Shogun 2 Multliplayer,I am in UK, you see,So I see a lot of british players.But not enough world players.

Have you noticed that,if you're in the USA.you're going to get loads of local players,literally hundreds.

Britain :Many,say a few thousand.

The reason they did this was due to lag,in NTW ,when you pleayed players from different countries,there would sometimes be lag,so CA decided to give a region restriction so that lag would not come ,have you ntoiced when you play 1 vs 1 on shogun 2 multi ,there's no lag?

Dont believe me?Have a check on steam or some other website,I noticed this quite a few weeks earlier,but could not decide what to do with it.

Oh did anyone watch Russal Brand on Piers morgan shows?and Britans got talent?
    Last edited by Marshall Louis-Nicolas Davout; 04-16-2011 at 23:53.

Default Re: Important.

Here's some more:
    Region Block doubts (Shogun 2)
    As you know there are region block in many games, I think Shogun 2 its not an exception, I'm not pretty sure but for what I've seen there are 3 main regions:
    -American version
    -European version
    -Australian version
    Also for those who don't know, there is the retail version (box with the CD) and the digital version (Internet download),
    Questions:

1) What I would like to know is that if I'm in South America, like in Brazil, would I'll be able to play the game if I buy the American version?, is it also the region block affect countries its own way or its a continent block? if that so, what countries are affected or count toward the specific region?

2) Concerning the retail version of each region, there are CD keys specifically made for them, which means that if you buy a limited edition at a store London and try to install the game an you are in the United States, you will not be able to install it because of the region cross block. When you are installing the game, it automatically search your internet location, that means that if you are trying to install a game and you are in London the location will know that you are in Europe. But my question is (yeah finally...) that if I activate the game when I'm in London, obviously I'll be able to Install it and play it, but what happens if I go abroad? Let's say Mexico or Canada, would I'll be still able to play? or will the region block affect my overall experience? I mean, would I have to buy an American version to play in that continent? At least for multiplayer I'm expecting a cross-over problem just like in Starcraft II, where you can only play whit Americans if you buy the game in the States, I can understand that, but what about the single player, is it playable even changing regions?, because steam detects where you are and it may block the game till I return to England...

3) I pre-ordered a limited edition (retail version) at UK, and also have to bought an standard version in the States where I'm currently located because I just found out that there's is a region block, and the money is not a problem (yes I work), but how come the developers never said anything about that? (region block), and believe me, I was following the game till release, and never occur to me to ask, what I found amusing (and even laughed pretty hard) is that after the release date they said that the region block information was available at the back of the game case, but surprise surprise who of the one's reading this post right now had a glance at the back of the game case (any version), because as far I remember they only showed the front display, and if I ever saw the "back" I can only guess what the really small characters because of the image resolution... It doesn't have to be a genius to figure out that there's something wrong by not telling people (specially new comers to the franchise) openly that there's going to be a region block... Need to be more careful.

It occurs to me to send a friend of mine in Sweden the CD key of my shogun 2 limited edition and ask him to make an steam account and input the code, then he can send me the steam account to America and... here is the tricky part... would I'll be able to play?, is it even legal?, because I own the two copies of the game (European and American) but only the European its limited edition, for instance I know that It will result pretty strange to steam that after activating a code in Sweden the game would be being played at Canada 1 hour later, its just hilarious right?

Well I think that's it, the 3rd topic sounded more like a complain rather than a question but I must defend myself saying that I really love this kind of games and have them all. I hope that someone can answer my questions or provide any information that I might just overlooked.

PD:I remember when you just have to buy total war games without any restriction and it was just fine...

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...ubts-(Shogun-2)

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-Regions-Split
    Last edited by Marshall Louis-Nicolas Davout; 04-17-2011 at 17:23.

subscribed.....

eh?

What do you mean?

means im subrcribed to the thread to learn...makes it easy for me to find

So changeing you're download reagion on steam makes no diffrence?

What Tsavong said is what I understood. It isn't based on cd key or anything but more on the download region you have selected in steam. can be found under: Steam>settings>download+cloud>download region.

and thats the prob,wish they got rid of this stupid restrcitom.

<code>ninja</code> Clan Nikodil's Avatar

So if one could convince everyone to use the same download region, would that solve the problem then?

PS. the subject might be important, but also a bit vague.
    Last edited by Nikodil; 04-18-2011 at 18:16.

Well,you could do that,tell the world players to change their region to Europe and see what happens,but thats gonna take a lot of effort,so in reality no.because ou will have to tell millions of people to do it and thats quite impossible to do
    Last edited by Marshall Louis-Nicolas Davout; 04-18-2011 at 19:28.

and doing so would result in causing the same problem that this whole system was trying to negate. That mainly being that lag between continents is greater than lag between local players.

and thats the prob:(