Thread: Does becoming shogun have any effect?

Question Does becoming shogun have any effect?

After you hold Kyoto for a year, you become shogun. Aside from being a victory condition, does it have any gameplay effect? For example, does it have any impact on the Realm Divide mechanic? There's a nifty little movie that makes it seem like becoming shogun should make the rest of the clans tremble, but I haven't noticed any difference.

Default Re: Does becoming shogun have any effect?

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...l=1#post138165

Spraetter in this post states the following as the specific clan benefits for becoming Shogun:
    +2% clan-wide tax bonus
    +1 morale for all units
    +1 honour for your Daimyo
    The ability to recruit the Great Guard cavalry unit (you get one for free)
    The ability to build the Nihon Maru flagship naval unit (you get one for free)
    It also triggers Realm Divide, I think.

Awesome, thanks! I was wondering where that Nihon Maru ship came from! I assumed I had captured it in an autoresolved battle and hadn't noticed.

Realm Divide probably happens WAY before you become Shogun. You have to fight through it to become Shogun.
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

you can capture Kyoto without triggering realm devide but it will kick in soon after you are shogun.
    "Forgiveness is between them and god, my job is to arrange the meeting"

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

I have a question, does Realm Divide ever end? I mean after you've become Shogun, maybe have eliminated most enemies... do you still always get the diplomacy bonus from realm divide?
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Short answer, in my experience is no it doesnt ever end. BUT it becomes obsolete to an extent. In my games by the time i got realm divide declared there was only 6-7 factions left in the game, and as i knew it was coming i had my borders ready to repel any threats. To be honest realm divide just hastens the end of the game, you end up with no choice but to conquer everyone or you run out of money.

The hardest thing do deal with in realm divide is the money loss from trade. In my Mori Camp even with all trade nodes with full Naban fleets on them, I dropped from like 30k income a turn to like -15k a turn :S

but it gets to the point where you are so big and there are so few factions that realm divide does nothing to you. i doubt you could ever get a peaceful end to the campaign tho in those terms.
    "How come i cant make friends like that"
    "You need to get out more"
    "Im in another galaxy, how much more out can i get"