Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Factory

isn't this all rather immaterial anyway?

I don't think I've ever got to the stage where I've been in a position to build a gun factory before the game ended (heck, most of the time I don't get to build HC..)

Kyodaispan
    All Honour to the Brothers!

Member Member celtiberoijontychi's Avatar

Yes there must be a bug

HOW IT SHOULD WORK
    Gun factory is the stage where the japanese have learnt to build their own guns. They don't need the jesuits or the dutch. So they don't need to pay them extra gold for the technology. Hence the units become cheaper.
    Another advantage is that you can convert to budhism or christianity or even become ateist (yes it's possible), by wich way you loose the ability to train certain units and get others.

HOW IT ACTUALLY WORKS
    You can sign a treaty with the priests, u build a trading post. when it's finished, yoou can build a temple, even in the same province, even if there's a church there.
    And you can still build more trading posts in other provinces (Ateist status).
    So it is very advisable to become christian, since you can recert back to buddism whenever it fits you and you still have the guns.
    The loyalty stuff is almost irrelevant unless u build churhces and priests.
    Problems may happen if you play Mori, since the peasants there are quite fundamentalistic.
    Gloria y honor al Clan Celtiberos
    Glory and Honour to Clan Celtiberos

I have a UK (European ??} version of shogun. I build a gun factory every time i play the campaign. It is usually the last building I have access to in the game but it always there. I only trade with the Dutch and never go Christian with the Portugeuse. The only suggestion I have for your problem is that you are trading with the wrong people.

Hey guys, you say that building the gun factory allows you to make musketeers without becoming Christian....nevermind, that's off my topic.

On the screenshot, it says that you need either a Portugeuse or Dutch trading post to make the gun factory...but here's the thing...

It says that you must have a cathedral! Now, I haven't played for about two weeks, but isn't it impossible to have a cathedral when trading with Dutch? They don't convert you to Christianity, you can't build churches, so you can't build cathedral, so doesn't that mean no gun factory when trading with Dutch?

You don't need a cathedral for the Gun Factory. You need a citadel (largest type of castle). Check screenshot at hecose.tripod.com/GunFactory.html

The Gun Factory never requires you to go Christian, you do not need a cathedral or any churches. All you need is:
    1)Acceptance of Portugese trading offer
    2)A portugese trading post
    3)A CITADEL (the largest type of castle)
    4)An armoury of any kind
    incidentally, you can never build the Gun Factory when trading with the Dutch. So in this case I see no reason at all to go Christian, other than it makes the game more exciting.

I have built a gun factory while trading with the dutch but it still didn't seem to do anything. My troops were not cheaper or more honorable.

-J

I also have built a gun factory while trading with the Dutch only. I assumed it would produce cheaper gunners for me. Often the game is nearly over at this stage so it is not a big concern as the koku is rolling in faster than you can spend it. Will have to make just 1 gun unit in a turn (not Autumn) and see exactly what is costs from the factory.

website for CO-OP SP Campaign is : http://www.totalwar.org/maltz/SP_Campaign/.

I write this like Celtiberos Shimazu, no in name of Celtiberos Clan.

One strange thing:
    The flag of the Portuguese Gun Factory, is a Spanish Flag. But this is also a mistake, because that Spanish Flag, wasn't use, until 1775.
    Portugal changued his flag, some times in the Modern Age, and had flags and banner for Navy, and ground armies, and NONE, is the flag of the Portuguese Gun Factory. You can see that flags here: http://pub40.ezboard.com/fforoceltib...icID=323.topic

i´m sorry, that post is in spanish, in a few days i´ll post in the STW Forum, in English.

Ok, the gun fatory is wrong, woohoo. But Actually Ive never been able to get a gun factory. (somehow that rhymed) And Ive gotten every building known in this game, including the armory. Any ideas?
    What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12