Thread: bribed FM's in cities die next turn

Default bribed FM's in cities die next turn

is this normal? for example, Hiero of Syracuse was bribed and I was quite excited to end the conflict peacefully and to have Hiero as an FM, but the next turn he died a 'heroic death in combat'. This goes for the FM in Massila, Byzantion, any independant city that has an FM in it.

is there a way to prevent this? moving them out of the city doesn't help either

Default Re: bribed FM's in cities die next turn

Quote Originally Posted by fomalhaut View Post
    is this normal? for example, Hiero of Syracuse was bribed and I was quite excited to end the conflict peacefully and to have Hiero as an FM, but the next turn he died a 'heroic death in combat'. This goes for the FM in Massila, Byzantion, any independant city that has an FM in it.

is there a way to prevent this? moving them out of the city doesn't help either
    I was just about to post almost exactly the same problem. As the Sabyn I noted that the governor of Sabata was Disloyal, so I succesfully bribed him and then.... as you noted, he died the next turn - an Heroic death. Very annoying.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

I might be mistaken but IIRC this is intended. However, will have to check that...

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

intended, why? takes away great incentive for diplomatic conclusions. there is no need to take a city like Syracuse when it can be convinced to join my alliance of Hellens in my odd alternate history

Out of interest: how much did those bribings cost?
    When i´m willing to bribe a single unit of depleted slingers i allready have to pay about 1k mnai. Even with all those "venal" kind of traits, the summ must go into hundreds of thousands....
    - 10 mov. points :P

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

I never find anyone willing to let me bribe them ^^
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Quote Originally Posted by vollorix View Post
    Out of interest: how much did those bribings cost?
    When i´m willing to bribe a single unit of depleted slingers i allready have to pay about 1k mnai. Even with all those "venal" kind of traits, the summ must go into hundreds of thousands....
    In my campaign it cost me 17,000 mnai. Considering I have only two cities (Tamane and Maryab) and am trying to grow my economy that seemed like a reasonable financial deal, compared to the cost of recruiting and then upkeep of an army capable of beieging Sabata as well as defending my towns (I'm playing on H/H and those wandering stacks will attack if they perceive a weakly garrisoned settlement). I quite like the roleplay aspect of it as well, in terms of backing a usurper to the local 'crown').

not that much, i think Hiero was about 45,000

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XSamatan View Post
    I might be mistaken but IIRC this is intended. However, will have to check that...
    IIRC it is hardcoded. Possibly this was a feature added by CA to prevent the player from buying all the A.I.'s good generals.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    IIRC it is hardcoded. Possibly this was a feature added by CA to prevent the player from buying all the A.I.'s good generals.
    I never played EB 1.1, but have read that there were problems related to allied 'generals' within the system used there would die. Is this related to that? If so, was that something to do with duplicating characters? (I'm just wondering if one can script a new surname to the bribed character and get round that problem..)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    I believe this is the case. I remember when i just started playing Vanilla Rome as the gauls, on release, where i pretty much just bought all the Julii family members (accidentally killed the faction off coz of it xD). At one point, after a patch, can't remember which one, this was no longer possible, they'd either refuse, or die off nearly immediatly.