Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S2R+ | Bugreports

TW Modder Since 2005 Member DaVinci's Avatar

Default Re: S2R+ | Bugreports

Info about the bugged Uesugi unit:

It is fixed in my build (just replaced an entry with patch6 entry), unit just tested in Custom Battle mode without issue.
    I still have to re-apply S2R+ stats for the unit, and i'm excited if or which value is causing the crash.

However, expect a new update-build at the weekend, incl. a working Uesugi Nagi Monk.
    TWC Wiki: List of TW Modding Contributions 2005-2011
    Release 12.2012: Third Age TW Realism+
    Release 04.2013: Rise of the Samurai Realism+

Support: Greenpeace
    LIVING ...WITH... WAR
    What's really more disappointing than dis-information and non-education?
    A certain degree of intentional ignorance paired with obvious stupidy /DV

Hotfix 2 available, attached to the release post. This Hotfix fixes completely the Uesugi Nagi Monk issue. This is the latest S2R+.pack file as well.

At the weekend a bigger update will follow.

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

Slightly confused. Is Uesugi Nagi Monk recruitable at this point? In previous releases availability followed the temple building line (temple: nagi, monastary: daikyu), but it seems different with this patch. Do the units now require the individual dojos?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel? No. Dime? YO! View Post
    Slightly confused. Is Uesugi Nagi Monk recruitable at this point? In previous releases availability followed the temple building line (temple: nagi, monastary: daikyu), but it seems different with this patch. Do the units now require the individual dojos?
    No dojo requirement. Atm. Monk Warriors available from on monastery, except Ikko can start to recruit from on temple.
    Just wait on the upcoming update, i'll add AUM-Sho Monk Warriors initially to recruit for Uesugi.
    Last edited by DaVinci; 07-15-2011 at 17:11.

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

Ive one major bug: Neither me nor the AI is abel to upgrade the Castle up to lvl 3.

Lansiel

ps: i really would like to help u somehow, im playing ths mod since the first version, i think 1.6....
    revolutio!

Quote Originally Posted by Lansiel View Post
    Ive one major bug: Neither me nor the AI is abel to upgrade the Castle up to lvl 3.

Lansiel

ps: i really would like to help u somehow, im playing ths mod since the first version, i think 1.6....
    You mean castle-fortress tier?

In the internal version, there is no such problem. Also unknown for the public v2.91, as far as i know, you are the first one who reports that.
    Maybe check your installation once more, ie. any other mods installed which could interfer?

The next public update is soon due, i recommend to look there again.

Edit
    In general, note that you really must watch the entire art tree to find according requirements for certain
    buildings
    , and thus its recruitment, while the recruitment is viewable first when the building appears in
    the slot.
    Extract from the Gameplay Hints thread.
    Behind this stays also, that the upgrade is first possible from on a certain campaign progress, aka art researchment progress. Check that out.
    Last edited by DaVinci; 10-19-2011 at 16:35.

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

Yeah, you need to first finish 2 arts and not just one to be able to upgrade! As for the AI I haven't spotted anything like it but I'll make a new test now with internal version and see if I missed that.

Castle upgrade stronghold needs 2 arts finished, both in chi.

Castle upgrades from on fortress need 3 arts finished, 2 in chi, 1 in bushi. That is the case in the internal version, i'm not 100 % sure for public v2.91, but i believe it was also in there already.

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

it seems that u have to reach a special year to upgrade.

and im not stupid im abel to read the ,,is needed" icons
    Last edited by Lansiel; 10-19-2011 at 19:19.
    revolutio!

Quote Originally Posted by Lansiel View Post
    it seems that u have to reach a special year to upgrade.

and im not stupid im abel to read the ,,is needed" icons
    Nope, no special year. It is as i expressed above, and easy to find if the player is checking out the tech/art tree, as hinted in my Gameplay Hints thread, edit: which refer to art researchment for buildings (here meant now the castle upgrades, which can be found in the art properties).

Now, as you mean to have experienced that bug, i ask you to check out exactly what i said, and come back afterwards to report: yes it's all okay or no i can't construct a fortress. I expect the first case ;)
    Last edited by DaVinci; 10-20-2011 at 00:32.

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

I have S2 Limited Edition and whenever I try to use either s2r+ 2.6 or 2.96.3, the game always crashed at the loading screen.

Now after days of figuring out how the system works and going through the change logs to pinpoint the problem (since v1.97 didn't have this problem), I can finally play v 2.96.3 once I remove all the UP1_* files included in the s2r+ pack, which seems to be related to DLC (?).

I don't know if this is also experienced by other people with similar setups -- but if it is, then maybe this mod should store the UP1_* files on a different pack instead.

Quote Originally Posted by asinkering View Post
    I have S2 Limited Edition and whenever I try to use either s2r+ 2.6 or 2.96.3, the game always crashed at the loading screen.

Now after days of figuring out how the system works and going through the change logs to pinpoint the problem (since v1.97 didn't have this problem), I can finally play v 2.96.3 once I remove all the UP1_* files included in the s2r+ pack, which seems to be related to DLC (?).

I don't know if this is also experienced by other people with similar setups -- but if it is, then maybe this mod should store the UP1_* files on a different pack instead.
    That's strange to say the least that this is the first report about it, if there were a common issue - do you have the latest patch by CA installed?
    Yes, UP1 db's are DLC, the Sengoku Unit Pack 1, and they are incorperated in the mod since short after the DLC release/mod update (but heavily customised), there wasn't ever a bug report.

Normally the related lines shouldn't do a harm. I might look at that (optional UP1 usage pack) when i update the last version some day in future - but note, the mod-balancing is optimized with what i wrote in the readme and info thread-sections, that is including the UP1 units.
    Last edited by DaVinci; 11-27-2011 at 17:11.

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

in all my games under the financial tab i am receiving trade income tax income and other .........at other it says faction estates and says 1000 and does not change so it is not calculating my farming income at all even though i can see that in when i click on the city. just wondering if this is a bug or not because it means my farms are useless pretty much as income. And if it is a feature why doesn't it increase after i add more provinces.
    Last edited by Khazar_Dahvos; 12-05-2011 at 03:15.

Several notes I took while I was creating the s2r+ encyclopaedia patch:

- aum_Inf_Missile_Matchlock_Samurai_Christian doesn't require Christian religion. Not sure if this is intended?

- Inf_Special_Kisho_Ninjas_Tokugawa requires Mountain Hideout region specialty, which means Tokugawa won't have access to it until they conquer the central region. Not sure if this is intended?

- s2r+_unit_required_technology_junctions contains an entry for "Inf_Missile_Bow_Warrior_Monks_Ikko_Ikko" (obviously a typo, should've been Ikko_Ikki).

i'm at round 90 with takeda on legendary difficulty, and i have just fought a battle against oda
    i had an army consisting of half cavalary (takeda <3) and the rest other samurai (only 2 ashigaru units)
    oda had much fewer troops, but they had a "Samurai O - Ronin Naginata| Han" (see the edit for newer information) with the nice little attribute "scares horses"... when my cavalry approached it, they immediatly started to run, although they were multiply troops and had a general right behind them
    i don't have to underline how terrified i was, and that once they entered the main battle, everyone in my army was running away.... i have the feeling that the "scare" ability is MUCH OVERPOWERED.... just ...wtf^^ they were samurai horses from takeda goddammit!

EDIT: i've just done another batlle against that army and discovered that the samurai O weren't the problem, i managed to defeat them, the "Samurai - Ronin Tachi| Han" were the real suckers. they can scare every enemy and my infantry was on the run VERY quickly, and my cav too when i sent them in, so it seems to be a bug of the scare enemy attribute (I've never encountered another unit that could frighten enemys).

at the third battle i was defending my castle and defeated them, but even though they were routing those troops were still scaring my guys, so i couldn't pursue them... pretty dumb ^^

also i had the problem that i cannot build fortresses, and there was no hint ingame what to do, then i looked at all the arts and found an art that i had not researched that would to the trick... but it would have been nice to see a hint when i tried to build the fortress^^
    Last edited by TheStealth; 12-31-2011 at 23:17.

While I was playing the initial Takeda battle in the campaign, I noticed that when my Yari Ashigaru routed (which happened amazingly fast [only lost 25 men before they routed] despite having a spear wall against the charging Shin Samurai cavalry), they simply stood still in spear wall formation, despite being "Shattered". This caused about 50 or so men to die since they just stood there.

On a secondary note, ashigaru seem to rout incredibly easily? In the same battle, I flanked a fully-stocked Ashigaru unit of 150 and they immediately routed without losing any men, though they importantly lacked a general. Their morale was only reduced to 4 from 5 in vanilla, so I'm curious to know if this is a bug or simply the way of this mod? I've got no other mods, with Blood Pack, Ikko Ikki, Sengoku Jidai, Hattori DLCs.
    Last edited by Kruik; 01-08-2012 at 05:07. Reason: 2nd note

I don't know if this is bug or not but after turning to christianity in my vh Mori campaign I seem to have lost my ability to upgrade farms beyond improved irrigation. When I checked chi art trees all improvements beyond improved irrigation seem to have vanished too. I have teched to Chonindo which should give me land consolidation.

So is there some tech I must research to get newer farms available or am I doomed to stagnation as I cant build better roads or forts (to get other improvements like marketplaces/sake dens/dojos to get better troops) as they consume food.

Quote Originally Posted by Seve82 View Post
    I don't know if this is bug or not but after turning to christianity in my vh Mori campaign I seem to have lost my ability to upgrade farms beyond improved irrigation. When I checked chi art trees all improvements beyond improved irrigation seem to have vanished too. I have teched to Chonindo which should give me land consolidation.

So is there some tech I must research to get newer farms available or am I doomed to stagnation as I cant build better roads or forts (to get other improvements like marketplaces/sake dens/dojos to get better troops) as they consume food.
    A semi-bug, yes (which made some sense in an older version, and i oversaw it recently that it makes less sense in the last updated versions).
    I'll upload a v2.97.1 in a few minutes which solves that thing with farm-upgrades.

However, it is not very clever to convert (liberately) to christianity as player ;)

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

Thanks for quick answer on my problem and now my farmers are happily being put to slave work to get my land consolidations. Unfortunately I now have more issues I need answer to.

Still playing game on same christian Mori as before.

- Im only able to recruit 2 trade ships and 1 nanban tradeship and thats all the navy I can get it seems. I was able to get mori arrowbunes before turnign christian and unable to do so after conversion. Is this intended as I can't recruit any regular warships?

- Seems I cant get upgrades to my spear dojo as I should be able to upgrade it to naginata dojo by now as I have spear expertise already teched and would soon have soujutsu (legendary spear troops). I wonder if and when I tech on swords/archers I stumble to same thing being only able to build basic sword dojo. On tech tree Im on gunpowder mastery and able to build powder maker and gunsmith tho I teched there after turning christian. So did turning christian fubar the spear dojo similarly as my farms earlier or is this intended?
    Last edited by Seve82; 01-30-2012 at 21:53.

Intended. Mori wasn't ever christian, after all S2R+ has 'realism' in its title.
    However, no problem to make Mori's ships accessable if they are christian, will be done in next release (2.97.3).

Else, i suggest you don't convert to christianity liberately with factions which weren't ever christian ( all, except Otomo ;) ), so perhaps consider to convert back to buddhism within your Mori campaign, as said it's not clever. Christianity is balanced for Otomo alone and else only as disturbing factor for all factions for the regional unrest/repression aspects.
    Last edited by DaVinci; 01-31-2012 at 02:57.

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

hi im new i have a bug with the 4.00 (or whatever version it is) when starting a new campaign when i enter battle it crashes my game at the loading screen any idea why? i only have this issue with s2r installed

From release thread...

Info update 24.03.2012: S2R+ does not work with the latest CA patches (15, 16) of end March 2012, means the FotS patches are incompatible with mods created prior to these CA patches. See also this post of mine.

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

Help, my Shogun 2 crashes everytime I try to run it after I have put the Shogun2totalrealism+ into my data folder. It crashes on the initial loading screen.

After reading all the other posts about FoTs not being compatiable I guess there's no work around or any way to uninstall all the way to the original patch. Sad now...
    Last edited by drunkenvash; 07-27-2012 at 20:09.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenvash View Post
    Help, my Shogun 2 crashes everytime I try to run it after I have put the Shogun2totalrealism+ into my data folder. It crashes on the initial loading screen.

After reading all the other posts about FoTs not being compatiable I guess there's no work around or any way to uninstall all the way to the original patch. Sad now...
    So it is. I'm wondering why you put it into the bugreport thread though - the non-compatibility with CA's last TWS2 patching is clarified, even in the post prior to yours with red letters.

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

Hey, every time i want to play a custom battle and want to use the custom units, they all cost $80 and have no name and when i put the cursor over their icon my screen goes black, as if it breaks. This happens in the campaign aswell. is it some kind of problem with the unit icon???

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2411 View Post
    Hey, every time i want to play a custom battle and want to use the custom units, they all cost $80 and have no name and when i put the cursor over their icon my screen goes black, as if it breaks. This happens in the campaign aswell. is it some kind of problem with the unit icon???
    Sounds like some wrong recruitment cost entries in units_table and missing unit descriptions.
    I'll see what I can do. PFM is able to open old files again, so I can fix some bugs.

Update: I'll upload 3.01 in the next hours. It only fixes some of the projectiles.
    @Thor2411: I've personally checked all custom battle units and neither pictures nor descriptions are missing.
    Do you use other mods? Have you cleaned your AppData folder before starting S2R+?
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; 09-01-2014 at 14:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    Sounds like some wrong recruitment cost entries in units_table and missing unit descriptions.
    I'll see what I can do. PFM is able to open old files again, so I can fix some bugs.

Update: I'll upload 3.01 in the next hours. It only fixes some of the projectiles.
    @Thor2411: I've personally checked all custom battle units and neither pictures nor descriptions are missing.
    Do you use other mods? Have you cleaned your AppData folder before starting S2R+?
    im using a mod that adds more turns per year. but idk how that mod can alter the troop descriptions and prices...im kind of new... do i have o delete my appdata folder???, if so, which part... all of it? cuz ii have many things in it. tell me which folder in the appdata folder to delete, ill try see if thats the cause. i have:
    advice histroy;army setups;avatar;battle preferences;campaign preferences;fxcache;logs;maps;replays;savegames;multiplayerdsavegames;screenshots;scripts;temp;ui chache.
    Last edited by Thor2411; 09-02-2014 at 21:38. Reason: FORGOT TO ADD SMTHING

Pure technically seen, you can delete the whole Shogun2 folder in AppData without any harm - the game creates that anew when you start the game. That's what i can recall, i'm not anymore active with TW games. Also, in the past, it wasn't really necessary to clean that folder, normally, but as said it can't destroy anything, but ie. it cleans some cache files, so possibly ie. VRAM etc. related things may function better, especially when mods are changed, that deletion can make sense.
    Disadvantage is, that in case you have a useful preferences.txt file (game settings) in there, that it is also deleted, so perhaps save that txt file, or otherwise, make all game settings anew, or you just play with vanilla default settings.

Here, DF has released a S2R+ 3.01: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14068707
    Last edited by DaVinci; 09-03-2014 at 22:02.

LIVING ...WITH... WAR

it did not work. i got no clue about what it might be. i think ill just delete the mod and play the game without mods...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12