Thread: A call to arms and to researchers alike

Pincushioned Ashigaru Member Poulp''s Avatar

Default A call to arms and to researchers alike

There is already a whole forum section dedicated to multiplayer and a Steam group (Totalwar.org) but I don't think all their members are willing to help research at the Academy.

So, I figured the academy would need a place to identify members ready to pile up bodies for the sake of research.

Count me in. Willing and probably able once I've gotten used to steam. Available in the afternoon and night in Europe.

If I'm online and doesn't answer, it means I'm either lurking TWCenter for modding tutorials or exploring the game database.
    Or simply afk and having a life in general...

Thanks to therother for prompting me to put words in action and TinCow for his Steam guide.

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

Default Re: A call to arms and to researchers alike

Welcome Poulp'! We'll happy welcome anyone willing to join us in our secret society of research addicts.

It's not terribly taxing... line up your Ashigaru or Samurai or Cavalry, sip some tea, let someone hack/pincushion/charge your unit to bits, record the dead, repeat. It does take some patience, or a morbid sense of humour. Or both.

therother is in the UK and might work better for you and your time zone. Paradoxically I'm in the US but my free time is often weekday GMT evenings. Maybe we can get three of us in there on Monday! What fun.
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

I'd be willing to help, 'cause I'm pretty interested n these research areas too, what I'm not sure about is if my PC/connection will be up to it, but that can be tested I guess ;)

My work hours change a lot so my availability is changing just as much, living in GMT+1 ;)
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Pincushioned Ashigaru Member Poulp''s Avatar

I join the S2GD project as I'm interested in tech modding.

I'm still available for research, but my time is now short between exploring the game's database and modding it (trial and error, trial of patience). It is a taxing and time-consuming activity, there's a benefit for the Academy though, I can publish relevant extracts from the db to fuel research.
    What's more, IRL I'm learning excel and I can now publish eye candy graphics (yeah me!)

I can still provide crash test dummies for the meatgrinder but don't expect me to provide any think-tank.
    Just leave a PM, at the very least, I'll reply.