Thread: Unexpected heirs

Default Unexpected heirs

The thing happens from time to time that I can't explain, so I'll give a symptomatic example. I'm playing the Danish early expert vanilla V 2.0. My king died and his eldest son became a new king. He had not been married before ascending the throne, and his uncles (the late king's brothers) weren't either. When I looked at the list of heirs, I found out that some new names popped up (an underage son and two underage daughters) that hadn't been there before the demise of the former king. What is this all about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Unexpected heirs

Sometimes it happens that the Catholic kings are automatically married when they ascend to the throne, it happened to me once.

Sometimes it doesn't, hence the "married a leading nobleman's daughter" message.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

What you decribe sounds like that the heir had children of his own before ascending to the throne. But you claim that this didn't happen in your case, since he wasn't married.

I haven't heard about this before, so either it's a rare bug, you're unusually observant or you're mistaken somehow.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    What you decribe sounds like that the heir had children of his own before ascending to the throne. But you claim that this didn't happen in your case, since he wasn't married.

I haven't heard about this before, so either it's a rare bug, you're unusually observant or you're mistaken somehow.
    It may be a bug, but not a mistake of mine. It happens now and then, so I'm quite sure of the input factors (the unmarried status of the new king and his uncles).
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Playing as the Byzantines, I noticed the same thing. Actually, this is more realistic than say, your father died too old and you never had the chance to marry and so... sorry but that's the end of your dynasty. That's why I use the .unfreeze. shamelessly (to provide the needed 1 heir on time).
    R.I.P. Tosa...

from my observation, when the eldest son of the king reach age 32, even he is not married, there is a chance that he already have son.

When the brother of the king become king , (if the king he doesnot have a son or either his son his younger then 15).
    new king is usually 40s or more.
    So he usually become with some hairs. (with 2 hairs sometimes)
    it is so usual for the game, it is realistic.

Perhaps they are just the bastard children of one of the family members? That would be cool. Use those observation skills of yours and see if a "legitmate" heir, i.e post the king getting married, takes precedence over his older siblings. I know that that happens when the the current kings heir comes of age, supplanting his uncles.
    Currently day dreaming about having the funding and man power to port MTW to mobiles. Whole and unaltered.
    Having a nightmare getting it to run on more than 2GB of RAM

Ive had this happen to me a few times. I always thought it was a bug of some sort.