Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: The Campground [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Campground [In play]

By the way, if you liked this experience, then I strongly suggest that you sign up for Mafia X when it comes out next week as the initial game in our Gameroom 5-Year Anniversary celebration. All the same crazy fun and endgame drama, with a lot more history and players.

(More information will be available about this within the next 24 hours or so. Watch the main forum!)
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 05-28-2011 at 07:25.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Phew. Thank you for not being scum, Pizza.

Also, Mafia X! Awesome! I was hoping that was part of the Anniversary Cake!
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I'm kinda grumpy that I wasn't scum. That would have been epic.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Well played Pizza and khaan, thanks for the game GH.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

It was fun playing and for my first Mafia game I hope I wasn't that bad ;)

Sure I'll sign up again I think I can do better as town :D
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As always, a GH game goes down to the thrilling conclusion, resulting in the mafia once suffering an epic crash and burn on the last two nights. The Curse of GH is alive and well, a good sign for Mafia X. Was lots of fun, thanks to everyone else for helping make it so.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

I was wrong about everything...

Good thing people didn't listen too much to me

Thanks for hosting, GH. And congrats to JHT and TheLastDays, you did very well and had me fooled completely
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    And congrats to JHT and TheLastDays, you did very well and had me fooled completely
    Yeah. I had you both near the bottom of my suspect list for basically the whole game. And I was far, far from certain on either of you. My vote on the last round was kind of a 55-45 decision, as I still thought Khaan was pretty scummy, and my analysis shows that.

Switching to vote for Khaan the round prior was also very tempting. Both of those rounds were excruciating. The only way that happens is if the mafia pretty much whoop the town's butt. Very well played.

By the skin of our teeth....

Thanks for the game, GH.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I told you John is a good player.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

I actually learned a few good lessons from this one and it was fun so not much more to ask for :)

Thanks, GH!

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Excellent game GH. Good job to khaan and ATPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    I actually learned a few good lessons from this one
    Good, because this was just the warmup.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

For once the frame job (Chaotix' killing) really was one.

I had TLD as tentatively town until whoever it was that pointed out all his votes for the lynch leaders, on the strength of that day one vote switch alone. You'll have to say why you did that, TLD. Even then I wasn't really expecting him to be scum. And I'm still surprised Scienter wasn't mafia.

(Also, John's "well fine then, let's get this over with, vote ATPG" was too damn good. I was not expecting this to be a victory.)
    Last edited by Renata; 05-28-2011 at 18:45.

Blog Entries

Oh yeah, one more thing: In case nobody moved their vote around, I was going to abuse my mod privileges to make this round last for far longer than the 48-hour maximum. It would have simply gone on as long as it needed to go.

To prevent insta-kills, I would have set the round to end one hour after somebody moved their vote to allow time for adjustments, to preserve the whole "Mexican standoff" vibe of the final round.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    I actually learned a few good lessons from this one and it was fun so not much more to ask for :)
    It was good to have you as a partner, you couldn't tell you haven't played many games, all the reasons for the kills were good.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Yeah. I had you both near the bottom of my suspect list for basically the whole game. And I was far, far from certain on either of you. My vote on the last round was kind of a 55-45 decision, as I still thought Khaan was pretty scummy, and my analysis shows that.

Switching to vote for Khaan the round prior was also very tempting. Both of those rounds were excruciating. The only way that happens is if the mafia pretty much whoop the town's butt. Very well played.

By the skin of our teeth....

Thanks for the game, GH.
    Kinda ditto for me. I was really close to letting JHT go off the hook. It was a really good job by the mafia of figuring who to kill and who to leave. Once again, well done to TLD and JHT.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    I had TLD as tentatively town until whoever it was that pointed out all his votes for the lynch leaders, on the strength of that day one vote switch alone. You'll have to say why you did that, TLD.
    Hmm, lack of experience maybe... I think I was trying a bit too hard to look like a good townie, trying to figure out where I'd vote if I was town and going by that, resulting in votes that actually did something...

And that vote switch in round one? I think I'd have done the same as town, pressuring someone a little further...

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Default Re: The Campground [Concluded]

Solid game and excellent writing, thanks for hosting GH!

Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    Solid game and excellent writing, thanks for hosting GH!
    Echo, the storytelling didn't need anything fancy, just impressive writing. It really sucked you in and made you feel like you were there. I know what I'm going to be nominating in 2011 for best game already, unless you dazzle me with Mafia X, GH.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Thank you for the kind words, everybody. Now go and check this thread out.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425