Thread: Different way´s to \"cheat\"....

Blog Entries

hi guys,

saw a topic below...shortest timer in comp game...

there are some guys, who cry ...only players with more than 140....

yes they sit theyr of the highest hills and gives u 5 min, san explained 1 possible way.
    but it dont work on high hills...he hit better...
    ...demon created a nice huntingname...:chiefkickingbear...to get 1 of this guys...

i know guys who plays with 2 games agaist himself, i checked battlestats...some "honourable" players do and did this

they create sometimes 2v2´s with a friend and join as 3rd person as opponent this game....if then a 4 th player join he do complete wrong with his own 3rd player.....
    so they always win...

i know we dont name names but in last time
    this honourgaining it get out of control...

koc

Hi koc..
    Well i think the best way is to ignore the honour/ladder system..it is no good system anyway.
    Play friendly´s to have fun!!!!

------------------
    May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan
    May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan

Quote Originally posted by EuroSan:
    Hi koc..
    Well i think the best way is to ignore the honour/ladder system..it is no good system anyway.
    Play friendly´s to have fun!!!!

[/QUOTE]

yes I agree but I still play comp games but no longer worry about it. If the player cheats me on time or weather etc then I simply don't play him/her again. I dropped out of so many comp games because of the server or was deliberately dropped out by the opponent that my honour score is of no importance now.

There are so many ways to "cheat", the only rule we need is the honourable way to play.

website for CO-OP SP Campaign is : http://www.totalwar.org/maltz/SP_Campaign/.

I know my Khan plays comps just for the record.
    quote:I gallop messages around, dont track me I can bring war as well

Sideswipe feature king Member shingenmitch2's Avatar

Hi Koc

I gave up on the competitive games/ladder almost a year ago. I practically only play friendlies now. My 'honor' ranking is so low I use it bring down the score for cheaters .

But the good players know who each other are--so I usually stick to playing with & against people I know. And if guys look at my score/rank and think they will have an easy win -- hehe -- they got another thing coming!

Haben Sie eine guten Tag Herr Koc.
    Retreat? Hell, we're just attacking in a different direction...

THE DEADLY SHINGEN

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

lol. i like that one mitch. use their own tactics to foil them.

nice new icon there, shuko.

K.

Avoiding comp games completely means you will never play the people who only play comp. If you cannot host, then getting a good comp game comes down to playing someone you know is fair minded. If you can host, then the short timer, high hill camping in winter, disconnecting, and ESC when loosing problems go away. Players who use those tricks won't join you because they'll be afraid of the tricks being used against them. If a koku cheater or some other kind of hacker joins, you can ESC once you recognize the cheat with no result recorded.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Sometimes hosting Comp games is boring cause noone enters especially when there are few members on the server.

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
    http://darksideclan.fateback.com
    Enter the Darkside...
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

hi guys,
    I have a question? how would you join again as another person??(not saying I would ever do it, but just curious) Either way I also try stay away from most competitive because I always lose them :P... hehe

theforce,

Hosting comp games probably relegates one to a smaller circle of players than hosting friendlies, but if there are no takers for a comp, then switch over to a friendly and try the comp again later. If the problem with friendlies is that you get quite a few mismatches in playing strength, then you are back to only playing people you know. One good thing about friendlies is that you get to meet a lot of players.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Well even if l want to my PC would fry running 2 shoguns at the same time. It would blow-up like a nuclear bomb
    Also l like playing friendles when l want to attack a huge hill or something like that

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
    http://darksideclan.fateback.com
    Enter the Darkside...
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

Member Member KumaRatta Yamamoto's Avatar

I agree friendlies are great to meet new people and also try new things. Last week, i had a lot of fun hosting 6 players low koku free for alls (no allies- all against all).

It was fun and a lot depended on luck (Example:if youre starting position was in the middle then you knew that you were in deep....(word meaning excrement)so nobody felt bad if they lost, cause 5 out of 6 of us were going to die anyway.

But comp are good also, to get the adrenaline pumping and to measure my progress, if any . If people have to cheat to feel better about themselves, i pity them.

But in the end, i always remember that it's just a game.

------------------
    KumaRatta Yamamoto (Emissary of the ratta clan)Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com
    KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

The 'LordTed 2v2 extravaganza' will be played as friendly.