Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Org Rules & FAQ

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Default Re: The Guild FAQ

Long time no see therother!
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Ahh a get together by muzzi and therother. Nice comunity spirit I see, yes I think I like it here

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Why did my time between post / thread searches suddenly jump from 15 to 150 seconds?!
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Time bewteen posts is around 15-30 seconds for a person with no warnings thats a normal member. It goes up for warnings etc. Mine was around 15 seconds before i was a Senior Member.

15 seconds for a normal member with a large pm box (due to mod leader) and a year of membership.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

How do you know these things?
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Post Re: The Guild FAQ

As pevergreen has said, it is probably related to the addition of warning point(s).

If you have no knowledge of any active warning points which may have caused the problem, click here.

If there are any warnings in the table, check their status in the table (the far right column).

If there are any set as "Active", then this will be your problem. If no warnings are set as "Active", or you have no warnings at all, then you may wish to PM TosaInu to try and configure a solution.

If you do have active warnings, check their "Maturity". The number states how many days are remaining till the warning expires. When all warnings have expired, their restrictions, such as increased flood control, will end. If not PM TosaInu and he should sort it out for you - recently certain scripts related to warning removals have not being working correctly.

Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

I think it is 150 for junior members, looking forward to 15

What are referrals?

When someone joins this forum, they have the option of telling the username of the person who referred them to this site. That shows up as a referral.
    "In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus
    and proud.

Sp you gain referrals by someone saying you made them join?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom0
    Sp you gain referrals by someone saying you made them join?
    Not quite Tom0.

Referrals appear in a user's profile when a registering user inserts an already registered user's user name into a certain field in the registration process.

This then increases the user's referral count in their profile by one.

You also can automatically have your name entered into the referral field of the registration process by giving users a certain link. Your link is:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/index.php?referrerid=28227

This link will direct users to the registration page with your name automatically inserted into the referral field. This will only work if the computer you are using is logged out of the forum.

Other users can find their link, as well as more details about referrals here.

Can moderator, or assistant-moderator, see an invisible user under Who's Online?

I want an honest answer please...

Yes, this have something to do with Mafia stuff...
    Medieval 2: Total War Guide to Traits and Retinue
    "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution." - Khalil Gibran

World War 3 erupted in mid-1960's: NATO - Warsaw Pact Conflict multiplayer Interactive, choose one from several available countries

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tran
    Can moderator, or assistant-moderator, see an invisible user under Who's Online?

I want an honest answer please...

Yes, this have something to do with Mafia stuff...
    Moderators can see through invisble mode. Don't know about assistant moderators though.

What is this mafia you are talking about
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    Just some story I read recently in one of these boards. Nothing serious
    Medieval 2: Total War Guide to Traits and Retinue
    "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution." - Khalil Gibran

World War 3 erupted in mid-1960's: NATO - Warsaw Pact Conflict multiplayer Interactive, choose one from several available countries

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    Moderators can see through invisble mode. Don't know about assistant moderators though.

AM's can't, at least I can't, that could just be Mak's technical ineptitude though

Me thinks invisible people are scummy
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Makanyane
    AM's can't, at least I can't, that could just be Mak's technical ineptitude though
    Well if that's the case, then you and I share the same ineptitude, as I can't see through invisible mode either.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

When can I post in the Tavern Frontroom?

...only curious.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

I cannot so I presumed that it was when you become a member, maybe not if you already are a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom0
    I cannot so I presumed that it was when you become a member, maybe not if you already are a member.
    I am,so that's not it.

Edit: Hey,my 200th post! Cheerleader and a belly dancer for me!

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanGlory198
    When can I post in the Tavern Frontroom?

...only curious.
    Actually you should be able to post in the Frontroom. Or do you mean the Backroom?

Now I've got free roam of all three Tavern areas. Maybe a moderator noticed my post and put my name on the list,so to speak.

Are we allowed to change our usernames only once?
    I only ask because mine's beginning to sound kinda geeky to me.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

You can change your username very 60 days.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Okay. Then it probably hasn't been two months since my last change. Thanks,and congrats on your award,Martok!

Something Witty Goes Here Member Zeibek's Avatar

I've got a very noob question, but why can I browse the threads only one post at a time?

A red 'bloon for a red sig from Aemilius Paulus

Welcome aboard Zeibek
    It appears that you have a problem in your settings. You may be either viewing the thread in the Threaded Mode and/or you may have the system simply set to show only one post per page.

To change the number of posts you can see on the page at one time, firstly, go to your UserCP's Edit Options section and scroll down till you find the section named "Thread Display Options".

In that section, you should find a sub-section with the name "Number of Posts to Show Per Page". In the drop down box set it to whichever value you prefer. Bear in mind that the highest value (80) can be problematic when viewing threads which contain high amounts of data on each page. Using the forum default (40) may be advisable since when referring/linking to thread pages in a thread, different values will provide different posts on different pages.

Also, while you are there, ensure that the "Thread Display Mode" section has its drop down box set to one of the two "Linear" options. Either "Oldest First" or "Newest First" will allow you to see multiple posts per page, only they will be ordered differently. "Oldest First" is the forum's default. The "Hybrid" option can also be used, although I find some aspects of it a little awkward.

Once you've made the changes, scroll to the bottom of the page, and select to "Save Changes". Once you've done that, you should, in theory, be able to browse threads with multiple posts per page.

Hope this is useful to you

Something Witty Goes Here Member Zeibek's Avatar

Thanks! Viewing only one post at a time was driving me crazy. I kept looking at the options at the side instead of doing the obvious and scrolling down...

A red 'bloon for a red sig from Aemilius Paulus

Scottish exile Member Proserpine's Avatar

Got a question/suggestion. I have done a search but not seen it specified anywhere . . . what are the rules on inactive thread closure (necromancy)? how long must the thread be inactive before it is officially "dead". It would be helpful if this was in the FAQ somewhere.
    O wad god the giftie gie us
    To see oorselves as ithers see us - Robert Burns

I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours - Bob Dylan

From my perspective, a thread never is truly "dead" and "bumping" an old thread right to the top of the forum isn't always entirely wrong if you think the discussion could be expanded or you have something related to the subject to say. I wouldn't say that you should just directly continue the discussion as if the thread were any other though. Bumping for the sake of bumping, just to say, "hey, this is the oldest thread in this forum" or "wow, this thread is very old", for example, is not advisable.

Regardless of this, I personally that it's advisable to provide bit of justification as to why you've bumped the thread (just going straight into your speech often looks a little silly from my perspective) or just give an indication that you are aware of you're thread bumping (not doing so may get a barrage of comments from other users).

Note that this is just my personal view - the ideas of others may, and probably will, be different

Scottish exile Member Proserpine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites View Post
    From my perspective, a thread never is truly "dead" and "bumping" an old thread right to the top of the forum isn't always entirely wrong if you think the discussion could be expanded or you have something related to the subject to say. I wouldn't say that you should just directly continue the discussion though as if the thread were any other though. Bumping for the sake of bumping, just to say, "hey, this is the oldest thread in this forum" or "wow, this thread is very old", for example, is not advisable.

Regardless of this, I personally that it's advisable to provide bit of justification as to why you've bumped the thread (just going straight into your speech often looks a little silly from my perspective) or just give an indication that you are aware of you're thread bumping (not doing so may get a barrage of comments from other users).

Note that this is just my personal view - the ideas of others may, and probably will, be different
    FactionHeir says (repeatedly) thread necromancy, i.e. reviving dead threads, is bad. I think it would be good if the criteria for determining when a thread is dead were to be published.
    O wad god the giftie gie us
    To see oorselves as ithers see us - Robert Burns

I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours - Bob Dylan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast