Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Happenings in Beefdom- [Concluded]

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Happenings in Beefdom- Large Mafia game

I'll VM him on CFC.

Prodigy of Paarthurnax Member Skooma Addict's Avatar

Wait! I want to join Beefy. Give me some time to enter my details.

The Skoomatic Kingdoms

Description:
    The Skoomatic Kingdoms. The land of blood and smoke. Tales of how this realm came to be vary from source to source. Some say that in the winters of 3E 453, a fierce host from Akavir emerged from the misty shoreline of the Veiled Coast. Their eyes were thin and empty inside. Their lower half, covered in beautiful scales and their upper half covered in beautiful long hair. They wielded curved blades and when they spoke they revealed their curved teeth. A troop of goblins accompanied this army and appeared to be their slaves delegated to both servile duties and fighting alike. Their golden armor still shone, even through the fog and mist of the coastline. There appeared to be a Warlord among them. He rested among a demonic steed with bright red eyes and it's mouth frothed a reddish pink foam. It's coat was darker then the blackest night and it's whinnying reverberated through the rocky coast. His name was Korigath, Conqueror of the North. They say he was able to defeat the Ka Po' tun dragon armies when they invaded Tsaesci lands. He was the largest among them and their fear of him was the fuel for their campaign.

For days they marched almost ceaselessly. An easy task when the troll folk are carrying your supplies and armor for you. At last they reached their destination, The Field of Fallen Moons. An open plain where they hoped to meet the meager armies of Hama'ar people. Farmers turned spearmen, shop owners turned archers, boys...turned swordsmen was what greeted the snake men. The initial battle went as expected. Slaughter. The goblins were cut down as they were supposed to be, but they wore the men out enough for the Tsaesci when it was time for them to join the fray. The snake men were fierce and merciless. Some were even bold enough to begin feeding on their fallen victims in mid-battle. Fueled by anger, and hunger they drove the armies of the men back into the treeline. This would be their undoing, for there was a clan of warriors waiting in the forest, waiting for the mock-retreat to draw the snake men to them. For you see, in the forest, the Skoom'ari cannot be defeated. Not these forests, which have been offered to the goddess Assa'ni, more commonly known as the Daedric Prince Azura. The Tsaesci stormed into the woods fueled by their natural desire to chase their prey, and they charged headlong into a rising wall of steaks spanning the entire treeline. A third of them died instantly. The other two-thirds severely weakened by the unsual light coming from the sun that morning for you see, The Dawn has Risen. The Dawn of the Daedric Prince Azura has drained the snake men of their natural strength for this land is hers, and she watches over her people. The warriors of Skoom'ar, led by a cloaked ranger, defended against the remaining Tsaesci, battering them into full retreat. The hooded ranger was said to have cleaved the legs clean off of Korigath's demon horse while he and it were feeding mid-battle. The two met blades at the treeline. The unusual sun draining the enraged and humiliated warlord, and fueling the ranger, defeat was eminent. Beaten to his knees, the Warlord began using what little magical abilities he had left to stun the ranger while he and his host made a hasty retreat back to the shoreline for possible regroup and and secondary attack.

They commanded their goblin slaves to attack while they retreated. Some of the mindless beasts obeyed, but most had enough wits to realize fleeing was the best option. To the coast the Skoom'ari chased the vampiric armies Korigath, Conqueror of the North, all the way back to the rocky beaches. When they arrived back to Veiled Coast, they found it was more misty and smokey then when they arrived. They found that all their ships had been burned while anchored, their supplies looted, and the goblin slaves freed, armed, and angry. It had never occurred to Korigath to leave men behind to protect their rear. Retreat was never even in consideration for the fabled warlord, after all, the Hama'ar were simple folk. Simple folk, with powerful allies that is. He never thought a small group of rangers could out flank them, let alone speak to their goblin "guardsmen", talking them into insurrection. The misty coastline and it's blood-soaked waters took months to clear. That day, the Tsaesci continued to flee, even into the water with their former goblin slaves in hot pursuit. Into the waves, scores of goblins and snake men littered the sea. After the monstrous chaos was ended, the hooded warrior-monk, leader of the Skoom'ari rangers and disciple of the Daedric Prince Azura, arrived to find Korigath fighting his own men, feeding furiously to regain his lost strength, even off of his own people at times. This disgusted the ranger greatly and when his anger rose, shortly afterwards so did his bow. Two arrows pierced each of the warlords calves, and another in his gut. On his knees, he was still feeding on a piece of a fallen soldier, angered that he was so helpless. The ranger sheathed his weapon, and the head of the warlord Korigath was piked and left for the crows.

A thousand pipes were lit that day in honor of the brave warriors that helped the Hama'ar. The Hama'ar, as agreed, chose to be governed by the rangers who became a type of ruling class. They began incorporating the knowledge of Azura in the people and chose her champion, the Nameless Ranger as King. The goblins who fought along side the rangers and Hamaar were given a stipend of land for their efforts and allowed to live peacefully on condition they aid in the campaigns of the newly formed nation. And aid they did. Expansion northward continued for several years until King Skoom'ar the Nameless was no longer king, but Emperor of the Skoomatic Kingdoms. Azura's name shall be spread to the north, for The Dawn Has Risen.

Leader: Skoom'ar the Nameless - A ranger from the Hama'ar lands that struck a deal with it's inhabitants. Protection and survival in exchange for incorporation of the ideals of the Skoom'ari which is the worship and veneration of the Daedric Prince Azura. He wields both a bow and sword, of which many say were given to him by Hircine, Daedric Prince of the Hunt. For this reason he is also known as the great hunter. Some even believe he is Hircine himself, disguised as a human so he may court Azura in secrecy. Whatever the case may be, he has no name which is unusual because his people chooses their name once becoming full fledged warriors. He chose nothing, and as a result has been simply known as The Nameless. He is almost always seen with a leather flask dangling from his waist or even from his neck. It is rumored that Azura herself brewed the skooma he drinks from it. He fights for her and will spread the will of Assa'ni through the lands. He will continue fighting his campaign until the day he is killed for it is prophesied that Azura will call him to be killed so she may snatch his soul to be at her side. He eagerly awaits that day and continues expanding the Skoom'ari lands until his task is complete.

Cities:

Skoom'aria (Capital)
    Cassandria
    Soran
    Moon Sugar Island

Name:  50274_34595340529_6372_n.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  20.2 KB

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You've made it Skooma.
    Got work tomorrow so I'll get it running in two days time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love you Skooma.

Blog Entries

Did he have to one up me?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    I love you Skooma.
    I love you too Double A. That is why I must kill you.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Renaming my nation from "Winterveil" to "Winterfell".

(I thought it was Winterveil as in a Veil of Winter, but it appears it is Winterfell as in, Winter Fell upon the land.)
    Last edited by Beskar; 06-03-2011 at 18:43.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Blog Entries

Have you read the books beskar?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Blog Entries

Obviously not.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Have you read the books beskar?
    I just got Game of Thrones, considered buying it for years but never gotten round to it. Just have to finish reading Alastair Reynolds entire back catalogue again, then I'll give it a whirl. Haven't watched the tv series yet, rather read the book first.

Blog Entries

Obviously not.

Reading the books at the moment, started after watching the TV series. Haven't reached the same point as the TV series though. But yes, my faction is a tribute to the work, because it is pretty awesome.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Just to clarify, I will not be playing. My sincerest apologies, Beefy.

Blog Entries

That is ok Zack. Hope I'll see you around somewhere else

Blog Entries

Went badly with map making, so I'll start without it.

I'm currently sending the role pms. Here is the basic format for the role pm
    King Beefy the almighty
    Faction: Meat eater (Town)
    Current cities (Beef, Cow, Calf, Ham)

Troop: 10000
    Soon as thats done, I will do a quick write up and start with a day

Blog Entries

Night 0 Summery

The discussion got even more heated.
    Everyone was pointing fingers at each other.
    There was absolutely no sign of dignity.
    They went at each others like wild beasts.

When one of the lord grabbed another, an Broccoli fell from his Robes.

Everyone froze on the spot.

"Broccoli" someone mattered.
    Lord who had Broccoli attempted to defend him self.

"What? Being a meat eater doesn't mean you can't eat vegetables! I like eating vegetables from time to time!"

Good point no doubt.
    But this hysteric crowd was in no state of making logical decisions.
    Though, this time things went there way. Perhaps the meat gods havn't left the realms just yet.

"Broccoli Broccoli" everyone chanted. As they slowly approached the "traitor", drawing their swords.
    "Morons! Die! All of you!" he said. As he charged with his sword.
    He was a brave man. And a good fighter. But other Lords were just as good as he was.
    Soon he found him self on the ground, drowning in his own blood.

"There goes Lord Broccoli" someone laughed.
    Shame. That Lord Broccoli was the most powerful man in the realm. Who held the bunch of power horses with his iron fist.

Then they looked at each other, all with their swords drawn out. Quite prepared to have another poor fellow dead.
    "There ought to be another" someone said. "Next time we'll do it the honourable way. We come here to talk. Nothing more. We talk and we'll not force a decision on one another. We're all powerful lords. And we all have the right to prove our selves in the battlefield. If the Gods of the meat is still present in the god forsaken land, I trust that they will make the right decision in the battle field"

They were Lords. Few of them were actually demi gods. But none had the influence to straight out deny any idea which involved gods.
    So they all sheathed their swords and started talking. Who could be the other vegetarian.

While this was about finding the vegetarian, it was also becoming a game of thrones to fill the spot which went vacant with the death of "Lord Broccoli"
    First blood was drawn. There is no going back. You must win, or die trying.

Start Day 1

List of players alive
    Prince Subotan von Nukem
    Sheik Al A-This of the Great Sauce
    Shogun Kage Gameroom No Kami
    Andar the Chaotic One, Lord of the Incredibly Long Epithet
    Bob of Bobslyvania Where Everyone Is Called Bob
    Jon Snow of Winterfell
    Khan Rootentooten
    Chieften Yonder of the Chicken Clan
    Floofy von Blargensteinberg
    Lord James Greyford
    Skoom'ar the Nameless

Dead
    Lord Rodger. Also now known as "Broccoli"

Call me Arpeg. Member ArpeggiateTHIS's Avatar

So this is the tactics phase, right?

Pros of randomly attacking Subotan: if I'm lucky, he'll be scum
    Cons of randomly attacking Subotan: if I'm not lucky, he won't be. And I'll be leaving my Great Sauces open to be dipped by the vegetarians.
    Arpeggio: A broken chord. Arpeggiate: Breaking up a chord. ArpeggiateTHIS, scumbag.

Blog Entries

Well, you know I'm definitely not vegitarian, there's no way beefy would let me after last time...

Blog Entries

Well, you know I'm definitely not vegitarian, there's no way beefy would let me after last time...

Reminder of how to do your night orders

Currently all of you has 10000 soldiers.
    You place them in the city you would like to defend or attack.
    In addition, mafia will get ONE of these following action
    - Protest march (Role block ability. Blocks one random order of the targeted player)
    - Promote rebellion (Decreases number of targeted players soldiers. How many soldiers they will lose will be decided on random)
    - Assassinate (Attempt assassination of targeted players commander. Commander who leads the greatest number of soldiers will be targeted. If successful, those soldiers will disappear)

So yes please plan your action carefully. Other then that, I guess you can have some fun role playing.

Call me Arpeg. Member ArpeggiateTHIS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187 View Post

Reminder of how to do your night orders

Currently all of you has 10000 soldiers.
    You place them in the city you would like to defend or attack.
    In addition, mafia will get ONE of these following action
    - Protest march (Role block ability. Blocks one random order of the targeted player)
    - Promote rebellion (Decreases number of targeted players soldiers. How many soldiers they will lose will be decided on random)
    - Assassinate (Attempt assassination of targeted players commander. Commander who leads the greatest number of soldiers will be targeted. If successful, those soldiers will disappear)

So yes please plan your action carefully. Other then that, I guess you can have some fun role playing.
    What happens in the event of inactivity?
    Arpeggio: A broken chord. Arpeggiate: Breaking up a chord. ArpeggiateTHIS, scumbag.

Blog Entries

Their cities will be undefended and stormed without much bloodshed.

Blog Entries

The main issue is that attacking will kill your armies, which will kill your recruitment.

Also, defending and losing your armies cause the same situation.

Very dangerous.

Blog Entries

Everyone could just not attack.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArpeggiateTHIS View Post
    What happens in the event of inactivity?
    Beskar has it right. Your troops will go on a holiday and your cities will be undefended.

Everyone could just not attack.

True. But being a mean host, I will be making the mafia stronger and stronger so eventually mafia will overpower everyone.

Blog Entries

Question: is there any way for us to determine if a faction is vegetarian?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187 View Post
    Beskar has it right. Your troops will go on a holiday and your cities will be undefended.

True. But being a mean host, I will be making the mafia stronger and stronger so eventually mafia will overpower everyone.
    Therefore mafia should attack each other every night so everyone can be happy and play Beefy's game for all time.

Question: is there any way for us to determine if a faction is vegetarian?
    You could try asking them nicely.

So, I didn't play the last game, what should we be doing now? Everybody attacking Beskar sounds like a good strategy to me.

Blog Entries

Winter is coming.

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

Prince Subotan von Nukem
    Floofy von Blargensteinberg

Clearly they must die!
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Winter is coming.
    How's Ghost?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast