Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Copa Clash [Concluded]

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Copa Clash [Concluded]

The sun was shining. The ocean was calm and blue. The temperature was warm, but not hot. A kindly breeze swept across Emile’s face as he set his chair into the white sand. “Boy, it sure was nice of the Boss to take us down here, wasn’t it?” he remarked to Frank, who was already set up and relaxing with his face aimed to the sky.

“Yeah, I was a bit surprised. I mean, you’d think, he’s coming down to Cuba for some time off with his girl, they’d keep it private. But I ain’t gonna complain. I mean, he’s got his own island off the coast!” he grinned while chuckling silently.

“Hey, you lazy bums, get up!” Al came springing across the sand. What you do think you’re doing!” The two startled out of their chairs. “Eh? What’s the deal, Al?” “Someone’s a slimy backstabber, that’s what!” Al yelled at them. “Just…. Just come on, the boss wants everyone at the camp.”

…..

“SLOBS! IDIOTS! BACKSTABBING, NO GOOD-“

“Please, sweety, calm down!” Bertha interrupted her companion as she placed a tender hand on his shoulder. Al, Frank, and Emile were just arriving at camp to witness their boss’ tirade.

“CALM DOWN?! CALM DOWN?! WHAT THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO NOW? “ He peered at the seven people around him. “Angelo’s dead,” he hissed, managing to suppress his rage a bit. “Angelo’s dead, and our boat is ON FIRE, IF YOU DIDN’T SEE THE SMOKE, YOU MISERABLE FOOLS! “

The rest of the group’s eyes widen in fear. The boss’ temper might just help someone else on the path to finality real soon. He sighed, “Alright.” The anger from his voice began bleeding out. “We’re stuck on the island until someone back at the resort notices we aint there. Shouldn’t take too long, I haven’t been paying in advance. But, Angelo demands vengeance. I know one of you sorry louts is trying to take me down. Now… I am, if nothing, a generous man. And I value the work the rest of you have done for me. So I won’t kill you all now. No, I’ve a better idea. Judging by the sun, we’ve got plenty of time before night. Before night falls, I want the lot of you to beat the truth out of whoever’s trying to do us in. And you’re gonna hand over whoever’s guilty to me. I’ll personally deal with them.

“Sweety,” Bertha nervously tweeted. “Don’t you think that’s a bit harsh to make your men start lynching each other over this?”

He raised an eyebrow at her. “Who said you were being left out of this. For all I know, you could be the one trying to do me. You could’ve taken a sweet deal from the Gambinos. Try and get close to me and then do me in. No, you’re with them,” he nodded to his henchmen. He pulled out his .38 Colt and raised it to the men gathered before him. “Alright, fellas, get going.”

Welcome one, Welcome all! The Copa Clash is going to be a preview of things to come, a small taste off the new anonymous accounts system! Simply put, here's how it'll work. If you're interested, DON'T SIGN UP IN THIS THREAD. For a small little game like this, I'd like to see how things work by making it truly anonymous. If you're interested, PLEASE PM ME TO INDICATE YOU WISH TO PLAY. It will be first come first serve. I will pm you in response to tell you if you made it in. When the game is ready to start, and I have enough players, I will PM each player the password of an anonymous account, such as to Bruno here. Thus, you will sign into the forum as Bruno for the purposes of playing the game. So, its absolutely vital that you remember to only post in the thread as the anonymous account. After each game, our Tech Admins will be changing the passwords, so no worries about multiple people having the password at once, so long as you DON'T SHARE THE PASSWORD. The Anon. accounts will only have access to the gameroom, so no going off for shenanigans in other parts of the forum. There will be seven players total.

There will be one mafioso, acting against The Boss, who will serve as the lynchmaster for the game. We'll start with a day phase.
    Voting will be in standard procedure. To vote for someone during the day phase, format it as such: Vote: George. If you want to unvote, please state who you are unvoting before voting. I'll be a bit lax since its a mini game, but it really does help. As such, unvotes should be formatted as such: Unvote: George, Vote: Danny. You must make a new post to unvote, editing the previous post is not allowed.

Rules:

1) ABSOLUTELY NO CLAIMING YOUR NORMAL FORUM NAME. I don't care if its in jest. Don't wanna see it. Period.
    2) No quoting/translating/transliterating host's pm's related to this game. This means role pms, the anonymous account password, anything.
    3) Vote: No lynch will not be allowed as a voting option. You may abstain if you wish to.
    4) No posting screenshots.
    5) No suicides or wog's, hopefully. Its a mini game, folks. Don't PM me if you aren't certain you'll participate.
    6) Keeping tally is helpful.
    7) All day and night periods will be 24 hours.
    8) Ties will be given an hour to be broken. If not broken, I'll do something horrible and random. Try to avoid them.
    9) if you want to have pm exchanges with the anonymous accounts for game purposes, go right ahead. Just keep the rules in mind, no probing for regular .org ID, and no pm'ing other forum members with the accounts.
    10) Have fun!

Signups: 0/7 so far.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 05-30-2011 at 01:34.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Copa Clash

Just a note, please please read everything. I'll keep updating the original post to let people know how many spots have been taken.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

Alright, for some reason I'm awake at 8 on a sunday morning, and signups filled fast. Still getting pm's out to those who got in and those who just missed the cut. Thanks for all the interest. Game will be starting here pretty quick.

Blog Entries

Alright, I got pm's out to everyone who signed up. Ideally, I'd like to see the whole cast sign in and post in this thread to confirm that there's no kinks in the system. If not, I'll be starting the game around six pm/18:00 central time, about eight and a half hours from now.

Anonymous Usual Suspect [MAFIA] Vito's Avatar

Yep, everything's fine.

Anonymous Usual Suspect [MAFIA] Paulie's Avatar

Indubitably.

Anonymous Usual Suspect [MAFIA] Bertha's Avatar

:twirls:

Anonymous Usual Suspect [MAFIA] Salvatore's Avatar

So who need´s to be whacked?

Anonymous Usual Suspect [MAFIA] Fat Tony's Avatar

I'm 'ere. Where's the food?

Anonymous Usual Suspect [MAFIA] Giuseppe's Avatar

Might as well ask this in-thread: Are our userhandles revealed upon death? Or at the end of the game?

Blog Entries

I'll reveal them at the end of the game, I think.

Everyone will be guessing anyway (at least secretly) so it would be nice to have it revealed I think

I like the anonymity, it's quite nice. I also like my hat.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [MAFIA] Giuseppe View Post
    I like the anonymity, it's quite nice. I also like my hat.
    Incidentally, all the male avatar mugshots are real gangsters. If you'd like to know who they are, just right-click and view image. The real person's name is in the .jpg file name. Unfortunately, only one of the female mugshots (not Bertha) is a real gangster, as there weren't many female gangsters in the 20s-60s.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Unfortunately, only one of the female mugshots (not Bertha) is a real gangster
    Hmph.

Anonymous Usual Suspect [MAFIA] Mickey's Avatar

Signing in.

Blog Entries

Ah, excellent timing. Everyone's made it.

The first day phase starts now. It will end in 24 hours. You may commence self-destruction now.

Vote:Paulie

Blog Entries

Had a question asked. If you want to pm each other with the anonymous accounts, I really don't have much of a problem with it. Just refrain from pm'ing other forum members with it, and keep the rules in mind, no probing for regular org ID or anything like that. Will update the OP with this.

Anonymous Usual Suspect [MAFIA] Paulie's Avatar

Vote: Guiseppe.

Clearly Renata.

Vote: Salvatore

Fat Tony, I propose an alliance. Our kind needs to stick together.

HA! This is easy...

vote: Mickey

You have "Mafia" written in your username.

Anonymous Usual Suspect [MAFIA] Mickey's Avatar

Vote: Vito
    Thy will be done.

Vote: Giuseppe. Someone has to throw the second stone.

Quote Originally Posted by [MAFIA] Bertha View Post
    Fat Tony, I propose an alliance. Our kind needs to stick together.
    Well... You any good at cooking?

So, how about this?

unvote: Mickey, vote: Fat Tony

Unvote: Salvatore
    Vote: Fat Tony

BERTHA IS NOT AMUSED.

Quote Originally Posted by [MAFIA] Fat Tony View Post
    Vote: Giuseppe. Someone has to throw the second stone.
    Why you gotta be like that? It's because I have a awesome hat isn't it.

Blog Entries

Current tally: We've got a tie. I'll let it go for two hours, and if its still a tie I'll do something horrible and random.

Fat Tony 2(Vito, Bertha)
    Guiseppe 2(Paulie, Fat Tony)
    Paulie 1(Giuseppe)
    Salvatore 1(Bertha)
    Vito 1(Mickey)

Unvote: Fat Tony
    Vote: Guiseppe

Do not cross me again, Fat Tony. BERTHA ALWAYS REMEMBERS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast