Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Copa Clash [Concluded]

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Copa Clash [In Game]

Round is over. Going to be about an hour and a half before I get the writeup posted, sorry for the delay.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

Uh, never mind the hour delay, its going to be longer than that. Again, my apologies.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

With time clearly not on their side, the remaining goons got together one last time. Vito helped kick it off by recollecting his counterparts' previous day's behavior. He highlighted why he thought the both of them were rotten backstabbers, and why they might be trying to take down the Boss. When he was finished, Paulie and Mickey looked at each other for a bit, then back at him. "So, we're both rotten backstabbers, eh?" Mickey asked. "You trying to make us kill each other, aint ya? I think you're the backstabbing weasel, you backstabbing weasel.

"Yeah," Paulie agreed. "You're trying to make us all out the bad guys just so you aint the bad guy. Well, I think you are the bad guy. You can't fool us no more!"

With that flourish of agreement, Mickey surprised Vito with a quick knee to the gut, and the two dragged the winded man before the boss. "Boss, we've got it this time! We're positive, this is the weasel who killed your woman!" The boss raised an eyebrow at them. "He was trying to pin the blame on both of us! He's gotta be some kind of weasel!" The boss pulled out his revolver once more. Vito struggled against his captors.

"You guys got this all wrong! I aint it! Come on, come on...." The Boss leveled the weapon at Vito's face, and delivered a quick, merciful end through his forehead.

"Well, you palookas. Looks like that was it. Either we've struck gold, or pyrite. Keep.... safe tonight, watch over each other."

THE NEXT MORNING

The boss didn't sleep during the night. The tension of knowing that his gang might've finally fallen for good was too much to achieve a peaceful sleep. But sure enough, come the morn, both Paulie and Mickey were well and kicking. The boss sighed with relief. At least everyone was alive. As the other two started getting their bearings, a man in a white collared shirt and conservative, dark slacks bustled onto the camp sight. "Good to see you, Mr. Lucchese. We noticed you didn't come back to the resort two days ago. I was sent to make sure everything was alright. Your boat, did it get caught in a storm?"

"I suppose you could say that," Boss told the man. "Hey, Mickey, Paulie, grab everyone else's stuff. Looks like we're heading back." As Paulie grabbed Vito's jacket, a small, almost imperceptible note fell out of a pocket. "What's that?" the Boss asked. Paulie grabbed it, and read the note aloud.

"Vito,

Thanks again for finally realizing where the money really is. Good luck,

Al Bonnano"

The boss just shook his head. At this point, sleep deprivation had robbed him of his righteous fury. He'd deal with the Bonnanos when he got back. For now, he was simply glad to be alive, with a few of his old friends still kicking.

"Come on, guys. I'll figure out what to do when we get back. For now, its time to finally relax."

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    TOWN VICTORY

Vito 2(Paulie, Mickey) - MAFIA
    Paulie 1(Vito)

Alive: 2
    Paulie
    Micky

Lynched: 3
    Fat Tony (D1)
    Salvatore (D2)
    Vito (D3) - MAFIA

Killed: 2
    Guiseppe (N1)
    Bertha (N2)

Let's hear it for our cast of players!

Bertha- GeneralHankerchief
    Guiseppe- Csargo
    Fat Tony- Diamondeye
    Mickey- Visorlash
    Salvatore- Kagemusha
    Paulie- Johnhughthom
    Vito- TheLastDays

You may now post with your regular profiles.

Thanks a lot for everyone's participation. We had some rough spots, to be expected. We had the occasional post that had to be nuked to help preserve anonymity. But overall, I feel like it was a pretty decent first try at the anonymous accounts. I had more or less expected the post count to be low, but I do feel like it was a bit lower than I'd expected. Hopefully this doesn't hold over to Mafia X. Thanks for the timeliness of orders from TheLastDays. It was a good effort. Close, but no cigar. I think it might've been better to try and settle on a single target for the lynch rather than pin some blame at both. But that's just my observation. Again, thanks to everyone! We'll see in the Frontroom!

Hey we won. :D

I told you this Vito fellow wasnt a class act.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Well at least I figured out who Visor was, I'll count that as my little personal victory :-P

So... I want more town roles, I obviously suck as Mafia ^^
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

I posted in the thread by accident. It wasn't hard. :P

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I'm curious how people everyone switched in between usernames. Log-in and out in the same browser? Or did you use a different browser? I ended up downloading Opera and using that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    Well at least I figured out who Visor was, I'll count that as my little personal victory :-P

So... I want more town roles, I obviously suck as Mafia ^^
    2 near-victories? Hey, you didn't get lynched D1, and that's happened before.

Anyone here remember the Capitalist Commie? Poor Lord Winter...

As far as I'm concerned, you could have walked away with a win here, nearly did, and gave everyone a run for their money and fun was had by all. You do just fine. One wrong guess and you'd be teh winna!
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    I posted in the thread by accident. It wasn't hard. :P
    Pun intended ;) but don't worry it actually happened to me twice but it seems some Mod was pretty quick ;)

I also learned that khaan Even lurks as Host ;)

And thanks Pizza, I'm Not frustrated, As you say, it's about fun and that I have :)

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Do you guys have any comments about the anonymous accounts themselves? You're the first test subject privileged few to use them, so if you think we could improve them in certain ways, we'd love to hear it.

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Close race Well played everyone, especially our unlucky scum

I logged off each time to log on the anonymous account... Didn't bother me a lot until I died, I just sort of gave up participating. I'm really lazy though, but I find it much easier to use my normal account, I think. It seems like I'm lynched day one even when anonymous, so there
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Do you guys have any comments about the anonymous accounts themselves? You're the first test subject privileged few to use them, so if you think we could improve them in certain ways, we'd love to hear it.
    I'm sure I'm not the only person who posted under their usual name, it's easy to forget to sign in under the anonymous account to post. Too fiddly for my liking, I'll probably not play any games that require using them. They are still a good idea though, and I totally get the reason for using them. I just like clicking a tab and going to a website, signing in is so 90s man. And I don't want to have to use another browswer.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice game guys.

My feelings in terms of the anonymous accounts are mixed as of right now. I didn't personally have much of a problem just logging out as GH, logging in as Bertha, posting, and logging back in as GH, but I can see where it would be a bit tiresome. Perhaps there could be a way to, at the start of every game, tie the anonymous accounts to somebody's username and just have a button or something that says "Post as ________".

Since Mafia X is due up in about two and a half hours, I need to make a decision on how inflexible I want to be with the anonymous accounts.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I thought using the anonymous account seemed a bit strange, but it'll just take some time to get accustomed to the change. I like the idea though. Would have liked to be able to change the posts per page on the other account but that's just my personal preference.

GH's idea sounds good to me if that was at all practical. I think playing larger games with these accounts may cause people to be annoyed with logging in and out. More posts, etc. Idk just some thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Perhaps there could be a way to, at the start of every game, tie the anonymous accounts to somebody's username and just have a button or something that says "Post as ________".
    Hmmm... I don't think that will be possible, but I'll see if there are other options available. Regardless, it won't be ready by your deadline for Mafia X, so don't wait on it.

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

I think using different browsers will work well enough for me for Mafia X, but if there is any way to make it more seamless going back and forth that doesn't require separate browsers, it'd make it considerably more user friendly.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I think it would be cool to allow mixed usage of [MAFIA] accounts and regular accounts in the future, assuming we do at least one large all-MAFIA account game.

Reason is, some folks like myself might enjoy a little anonymity now and again. :D
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Reason is, some folks like myself might enjoy a little anonymity now and again. :D
    As was just proven I am still going to hang D1. So what's the use of anonymity
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

I don't mind the anonymity, but I prefer posting with my own account. Let them all guess what they will. They're all wrong. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondeye View Post
    As was just proven I am still going to hang D1. So what's the use of anonymity
    Must be a curse man...

Anyway I think the anonymous accounts are fun, especially if you can have both games with and without them... And let's kill Visor...

And let's kill Visor...
    You can try. But the town will usually lynch me first.

One day I'll be scum and they'll be right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123