Thread: Counter cavalry question

Default Counter cavalry question

On a 2v2 I have run into a problem with a new strategy has been wrecking me and I need help.
    The technique is one player has a balanced army and the other player has all cavalry a mix of Yari, light and katana cavalry they always go for the person they feel is more of a threat so that would be me. I usually do fine until I see that ten units of cavalry are behind me. I can’t use more spear units then my infantry is weakened and my monks will get mowed down by bow and matchlock units. If you any ideas let me know in the comments. Or am I just always going to get defeated?

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Squiggles; 05-31-2011 at 18:32.

Default Re: Counter cavalry question

Post a replay?
    From wot ur saying u r gettin rushed 2v1 then? Or just by a 1 army all cav?

If it's a 2v2 you should make sure it's a 2v2 and not get doubled, that's what a teammate is for, you need to help each other out and back each other up, fight as one.

If you come across this again and play as one and still get rolled, then save the replay and share it, so we can see what's going on.

As Amp says , it's a tactic that wAs used 10 years ago rush 2v1 and rout them quick , but in the original shogun war the moral hits hurt more and would sometime rout ur team mates full army even if he hadn't even lost any men.. Fun times:p
    But to counter it u need to hold ur lines keep a solid formation and hopefully u got a good team who moves fast and sends units to protect ur weak spots while also tryin to flank the enemy as well! just the basics really..
    As stated u really need to post a replay for more detailed help etc..

people just need to learn to post replays and then ask for advice on the situation that's all...

Thanks, I will post a replay if I stubble on it again. I usually get paired up with random people who don't know what they are doing. :)