Thread: EB Getting started help!

Question EB Getting started help!

Ok so here it is. I downloaded both EB version v1.1 and 1.2 patch using utorrent I did everything the game asked me I saved all my files where I was suppose to. But the real problem is when I try to open the program I get a msg saying "this application has failed to start because mss32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. I have installed and un installed the program over 5 times same thing happens again and again. I have read some forums on this problem and they all tell me your missing mss32.dll but when I go to local dick (C:)-Program files-active vision-roman total war the mss32.dll is there with roman total war. what I dont understand is why this problem is occurring!

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: EB Getting started help!

Welcome to the forum!

Please read both the EB-FAQ,which provides first informations about the modification, and the frequent encountered issues which help with technical questions[/url].

Concerning your problem:
    1. Does Vanilla RTW run without this failure?
    2. Copy your installation of RTW/EB out of Program Files while using Vista/Win7 or run EB with admin.rights.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions