Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings [Concluded]

Default Re: Crusader Kings [In play]

It's NPC controlled. Not for long, though...

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it'd look nicer in a bright yellow.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Much obliged B_Ray.

edit: a few people have posted expressing interest in playing, not sure if they have approached any of you yet, but I would recommend trying to get another player so the Duke isn't doing two jobs at once. Anybody who's played CK will know how easy it is to get stressed...
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 06-09-2011 at 01:45.

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Sent a request. This is going to be so much fun.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((I'm fine with SkullheadHQ joining Leinster, but before reassigning anything, I'd like you to generate his stats and tell them in our QT ))
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondeye View Post
    ((I'm fine with SkullheadHQ joining Leinster, but before reassigning anything, I'd like you to generate his stats and tell them in our QT ))
    So, are the rulers of this land so devoid of faith that they do not approach the Holy Church with any pious offerings? Phreaps it's time to make a report to the Holy Father and the King of England to bring the Holy Faith into this island...
    BLARGH!

Bishop Jolt, Connaught will be making a substantial donation to the Cathedral construction fund. Duke Kagemusha and I are hammering out the details as we speak.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    So, are the rulers of this land so devoid of faith that they do not approach the Holy Church with any pious offerings? Phreaps it's time to make a report to the Holy Father and the King of England to bring the Holy Faith into this island...
    Ulster have offered you a County and 60 gold towards your Cathedral, sorry I thought they'd already contacted you.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondeye View Post
    Doing it now.

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Bishop Jolt, Connaught will be making a substantial donation to the Cathedral construction fund. Duke Kagemusha and I are hammering out the details as we speak.
    Ah very well, do your planning and then send me a proposal. I shall see which city is worthy of having direct control of God.
    BLARGH!

oh dear, completely missed this has started, but been preparing for an exam anyway.. Regardless, after tomorrow I shall join this for real :D
    Last edited by A_Dane; 06-09-2011 at 19:52.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    We of Leinster have already sent word that should you require it, We will grant you a Duchy for your seat. If you chose to accept Our proposal instead of that of others, we would install you in Osraige.

I am afraid that with the upcoming tourney, we lack the funds to be truly lavish when it comes to your Cathedral. We cannot outbid - or even match - the Ulster offers. We await your decision, Your Grace.

A couple of factions still haven't quite decided everything, I'll extend for another day to let you all get to grips with the game.

Got any room for an Ignoramus?

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus View Post
    Got any room for an Ignoramus?
    Indeed, Ulster or Munster could do with another player. Just contact the Duke of the faction you want to join, issaikhaan or Centurion1.

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Time to don my armor and shine my sword! The marshal of Leinster has arrived!
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Dublin, Ireland.

The seat of Duke Diamondeye of Leinster was the scene of a great tournament, bringing all the Lords of Ireland together for feasting, jousting and diplomatic discussions. The tourney took place over a number of days, winning would involve defeating at least three other Lords. The two newest Lords sat it out, Skullheadq and robbiecon would have to wait until next year for their shot at glory. Bishop Jolt watched with an ironic smile on his face, jousting would mean nothing when these men faced their God, let's hope they remembered that when he asked for lands to build his cathedral.

First up was B_Ray vs Double A. It was clear from the start that it was a one sided match and it took only one run for B_Ray to knock Double A flying and go through to the next round. The match following was just as one sided as The Celtic Viking easily defeated Ibn-Khaldun. The next duel saw the first Duke to compete as khaan faced Skooma Addict, the third consecutive match to only need one run saw the Duke safely through. Duke Diamondeye was in the next match against A_Dane, the crowd looked bored, expecting another easy victory, and for A_Dane to let his Duke win. They were wrong, in a very close contest that took four runs A_Dane knocked his Duke off to qualify for the second round, quite the shock for everybody. The next match was just as close, seeing Romanic defeat autolycus in the fourth run.

The third Duke to compete was next, Kagemusha versus Beefy and the simple victories of earlier were emulated as Duke Kagemusha won on the first run. The final Duke, Centurion, took the field against Beskar, with another quick Duchal victory. The final first round match saw God Emperor take on TheLastDays, this was the closest match of the day, God Emperor winning in the fifth run.

As day one ended, Bishop Jolt took his chance to ask the Dukes present for lands and money for God, to enable him to build a Cathedral in Ireland. A rousing speech was made, and many of the lesser nobles cheered, there was less happiness among most of the Dukes, only Duke khaan of Ulster offering lands, the County of Tir Connail plus 60 gold to build the Cathedral. Duke Diamondeye offered 15 gold, Duke Centurion 10. Jolt sat impassive, waiting for an offer from Kagemusha. When nothing was forthcoming he rose and said, "Thank you my Lords, I will go and pray to the Lord and ask him what I should do."

As day dawned on the second day of the tourney the eight competitors all seemed confident of victory, first up was B_Ray against TCV, two of the most impressive performers yesterday. It was a classic battle and would have been a worthy final match, one of them had to go however, and on the ninth run B-Ray was unseated to a great roar and The Celtic Viking took his place in the last four. Next up was Duke khaan against the hero of yesterday, A_Dane, surely he couldn't defeat another Duke? It seemed that God was smiling upon A_Dane and he unseated his second Duke of the tournament in the fourth run to a roar even greater than that which greeted The Celtic Viking's win. Duke Kagemusha was next, against Romanic. There was to be no upset here however, and Romanic came off his horse in the second run. The last match of the day saw Duke Centurion take on God Emperor, the Duke took the victory in the seventh run for another close victory.

There seemed to be distrust in the air during the second night of feasting, this was usually a time of intrigue and diplomacy. This year however no daughters or sons were married off, no secret letters passed between agents of court. Well none that were seen anyway.

Day three of the joust dawned bright and clear. This was turning into a success for Duke Diamondeye, he had spent a modest sum, but the excitement of the jousting made up for that. The first semi final saw the tournament favourite up against the surprise package, The Celtic Viking facing A_Dane. If TCV was under pressure he didn't show it, it only took one run for him to throw A_Dane off his horse, the Leinster man took a fierce blow and lay still after coming off. As the crowd held their breath he got up after a few minutes, holding his ribs in pain. The battle to determine who would face TCV in the final was between two Dukes, Centurion and Kagemusha. Duke Kagemusha knocked Centurion off his horse in the third run to reach the final. The final saw The Celtic Viking eager to avenge his Duke's defeat in the semi final, he hadn't face a Duke yet in the tourney but was confident of victory, Kagemusha had eased into the final with no real problems, it was sure to be a great contest. It didn't disappoint, going to an amazing eleven runs before one man could defeat the other. The Celtic Viking was the eventual winner, unseating the Duke with a powerful blow. The crowd rose to acclaim their victor, he may not have been a Leinster man, but it was a terrific performance.

The final nights feasting was a raucous affair, with the Munster contingent cheering their victor constantly and the Leinster men cheering their unlikely hero A_Dane, who defeated two Dukes, even if he did receive an injury in the process.

End of phase one

Each Dukedom has now chosen their Chancellors, if you would like to do any diplomacy approach the relevant Chancellor.

Ulster: Ibn-Khaldun.
    Connaught: autolycus.
    Leinster: God Emperor.
    Munster: Romanic.

I'll do each Dukedom and individuals results and events over the next 24 hours, there's quite a bit to it, most will be in the QTs but a few people will get individual pms. Phase two will begin when it is all done.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 06-11-2011 at 01:57.

Woohoo! So, we're all agreed to pursue Cultural Victory through independent agricultural and technological advances, right?

I spy the evil peoples Senior Member Romanic's Avatar

Hip hip hooray for TCV, the best knight around!

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wait a minute! What is that I read? TCV easily defeated me! That is absurd. I was trying to do a backflip to impress the women but my horse kept running forward. So, it only looked like I fell. I demand a rematch!

Yeah, Dukes get beaten down by the underdog. Fear me! XD

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Now I wonder if it was with his duke's consent that he fought with full strength against him
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    Now I wonder if it was with his duke's consent that he fought with full strength against him
    Absolutely. A tourney is no fun if the victor is given in advance. I sought to make this a fair sport, and I think it has been proven so.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

nevermind...
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

I think TheCelticViking should be tested for performance enhancing drugs. Regardless, I'm proud of my Duke's performance, making it all the way to final match! Hip hip hurray for Kagemusha!

Congratulations for The Celtic Viking. I am sure any Duke would be proud to have a man of your caliber as his retainer.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

-wrong thread-
    Last edited by Double A; 06-11-2011 at 19:14.

Phase 2 begins.

One man was noticable in his absence from the tourney, and on their seperate ways home news reached the four Dukes of the death of the Count of Mide. He left no male heir, only a fourteen year old daughter. The County was ripe for the picking, with no legitimate heir no claim was needed to take it with force. There was little to fear from the former Count's forces, they would likely accept a strong Duke as their overlord. Who would be strong enough to take Mide from the grasp of the other three Dukes?

48 hours for discussion and orders, the QTs have been updated with phase one results and phase two events.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Had any of the Spymasters sent a spy into Mide they would have been forewarned of the Duke's illness and could have offered a marriage alliance, therefore inheriting the County without fighting for it.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 06-11-2011 at 23:25.

The great Shai-Hulud Member God Emperor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

'Twas a good match noble Duke Centurion.. But as you can clearly see I am a most keen fighter, although age might have claimed much of my old strength. I bow to you '

The high Duke Diamondeye of Leister, is most happy to see that so many of the fiefdoms helped spreading the word of God... Though it appears that some *adding a small sigh while looking at Kagemusha* did not wish to see the will of God, touch these beautiful lands..
    Last edited by God Emperor; 06-11-2011 at 21:10.
    In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces.

I have got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel

INTP

Duke of Connaught return´s a light hearted smile towards the Leinster Vassal and speaks:

"It is indeed worrysome news that the Duke of Mide has passed away. Knowing you all for long my fellow Dukes.I think we are like flock of Falcons smelling prey, but how about if i would offer thee another kind of solution to the problems with Mide?
    Instead of us all rushing into those lands in order to gain more to our lands.Did we just not have splendid joust in Leinster, where men fought and some better then others. How about instead of some of us conquering lands of Mide. We appoint the strongest knight in all our lands as new Duke of Mide? I am talking about TCV of Munster. Who would be a better man to protect the integrity of Mide? I think we should accept this strong knight as one of Ireland´s Duke´s. What say thee?"
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 06-11-2011 at 22:00.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

But that would be willingly strengthening Munster? I'm not too sure alot of people would do that..

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast