Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Suggestions for the next TW game

Default Re: Suggestions for the next TW game

I would really like to see Viking Total war mostly dealing with the Vikings and yes other factions not the way it is in MTWVI.

Bring back the feature where when a unit has upgraded armor, their armor changes in battle too.

More economic options, the economy needs to be developed further.

4. Individual taxation, bring it back, every province must have it's own dedicated taxation system.

Bring back the ability to trade research and regions in diplomacy.

Make it possible to trade individual resources.

where is the rectangular shield of CARTHAGE's POENI infantry???
    at least that is the beautiful form of Carthaginian regular infantry in CAESER 3 and SEVEN KINGDOM 2.....

can we have better goods to doing trade and earn those hard earn talents,denarii???

of coz what i means to add some design (manufacturing goods) from CAESER 3,it is to add a feature to allow us to manufacturing tradeable goods in workshops from tradeable raw materials(resources);like furniture from timbers,iron wares from irons,pottery from clay,wine from grapes,marble as temple building materials,oil from olives,vegetables from farming,grain to wheat flour,horses from ???(no horses means no support from cavalry!!!that will be very serious problem!!!),store grain for food under siege,and encircle armies!!!

of coz that mean we have to store them(that mean there will be spoils of war!!!from enemy store tradeable goods),logistics also part of war,very important part too!!!

most important is that at least we will have something to do(fun to do if counting denarii) while we have no war to fight on!(with all trade partners surrounding my factions,i dun want to fight them,that means it is time to do some cities managements!!!
    that will have to add some "buildings" for us to build,like wine workshop,pottery workshop,and etc....

to CA=about trading food supply! weapon and armor supply! arcade mode=no morale mode!!

food supply=
    actually,after signing trade treaties,we can trade strategic food supply to other factions and buy food supply from other faction,to spend our gold or earn more income,options=buying from local markets or foreign faction's markets...of coz,we can add the option of auto management...

every faction should have their own personalities like imperialism2:age of exploration,like they like to fight battles,or using diplomacy to win profit,or like to ambush,or like to hiring mercenaries,or else...so on and so on...And different AI like more stupid or more smarter,or good at tactics,or good at strategy!!!then at least we won't feel like we are fighting the same AI and dun get bored...

In Gengis Khan 4 of KOEI also have autoresolve battles,but at least it allow players to choose want to watching those autoresolve battles or not,in this case,that is becoz some players love to watching battles scene,and it can produce more accurate battles's results,

weapon and armor supply=
    actually,there are bronze equipment(weapons and armors),iron equipment,steel equipment(in three kingdom perhaps???) and leather armor and etc...and wood armor and wood weapons like clubs??

that means we can capture strategic resources supply like iron,tin,copper,coal,and produce leather supply ourself,or buy these metal resources from foreign factions's traders,then supply our weapons and armors factory(foundry?we have been limited must build foundry to supply barrack with weapons and armors with some cost or we can just buy weapons and armors from foreign traders???),of coz can buy different level of fine horses too!

then we also can adjust our troops's recruitment cost and upkeep cost by adjusting our troops's equipments(weapon and armor!custom equipment?),like equip light infantry javelin,short axe,but large oval shield and hardend leather armor,and militia with short sword,spears,large square shield and chain mail or breast plate!make them heavy armor militia(my "money legions" can afford them,then why not???with faction's culture's choice of equipment!),equip cavalry with fast light horse,heavy strong charger!or balance 1! of coz we can just buy horses from foreign traders with higher prices/cost if we do not build stables to produce and supply horses...of coz,we can add the option of auto management...
    of coz we can have the option to choose to play with custom equipment or not....

at last,ARCADE MODE,especially no morale mode=
    CA plz let us choose arcade mode options with several options=both no morale mode or AI soldier have no morale(so i can enjoy slaughtering every enemy soldiers and enjoy the total overwhelming to enemy great resistants!!!most importantly!!),but human player soldier got morale,can be break and routed mode!!!

then most important last thing=SPOILS OF WARS!!!
    i urge CA plz let us capture enemy vast treasury=strategic reserve cash as our most important spoils of war(of coz including important war material resources=resources that create weapons and armors site/settlements!),mostly after capturing enemy settlements or capitals!!

everybuddy!what say you guys????
    Last edited by guineawolf; 05-17-2018 at 20:38.
    In all warfare,speed is the key!

to CA! STARCRAFT TOTALWAR and COMMAND & CONQUER GENERALS TOTALWAR!!!

after watching the effect of WARHAMMER 2 RISE OF THE TOMB KING,i find out these effect can perform better in STARCRAFT1/ORIGINAL TOTALWAR and COMMAND & CONQUER GENERALS TOTALWAR!!!

TIME TO DEAL WITH BLIZZARDS!!!

TIME TO FIGHT FROM PLANET TO PLANET ! FROM GALAXY TO GALAXY!!!

can there be TOTAL WAR:AGE OF EMPIRES???

each empires being place randomly in the map including custom making factions/empires???

using age of empires's units as base combatants???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    to CA!please take a look on "seven kingdom 2:the fryhtan wars"!
    ===================================================
    you guys can create a civilization mixture and monster horde of "seven kingdom 2"base total war
    game;
    it got persian,egytian,roman,greeks,carthaginian,norman,celts's kingdoms and several variation of
    fryhtans hordes

please use the:
    resources production system,resources manufacturing system,resources trading system,
    new city/settlement building/founding system of <<BRAVE HEART>> and random map generators of
    <<imperialism 2:age of explorations>> and buildings's building system of <<rome 1:total war>>,

-------------------------------------------------
    world war 2's total war!!!
    ==================================
    refer to <<八年抗戰2>>(traditional chinese phrase)'s and <<HEART OF IRON 4>>'s resources,weapons's
    and units production system,and also can refer to design of <<COMPANY OF HEROES>>,
    and please reuse populations system in <<rome 1 total war>> and <<medieval 2 total war,
    and adding "looting" option in <<medieval 2 total war>>,adding looting not just money but also
    supplies...
    <<close combat 5:invasion normandy>>'s design,adding reinforcements option(reinforcements choose
    from regiment's units roster enter from victory point's route that still being occupy,
    that means we can ambush these reinforcements by waiting at surrounding area of these
    victory point's route) into battle map,and units(infantry and tanks and vehicles) out of ammo and
    fuel can withdraw from the battle map to refuel and rearm(refill back to regiment's units roster),
    except heavy guns like 88's and heavy mortars can be resupply by ammo truck(trucks fill with ammo).

--------------------------------------------------------
    <<starcraft 1>> with blizzard!!!
    ====================================

------------------------------------------------------------
    new medieval era total war!!!
    ======================================
    please refer to <<成吉思汗4威力加強版>>(traditional chinese phrase)'s design
    (offspring creation system,
    naming system,custom faction creation system,and please add an option to allow us to create our own
    banners/logos/symbols,then upload/import into game and use them as custom faction's
    banner/logo/symbol,
    and reenlist all <<medieval 2 total war>>'s
    units roster to all those european's and all islam's factions's units roster,reenlist all
    <<shogun 2 total war>>'s units roster into japanese factions,just need to create all the other
    units roster for other culture's faction only...

--------------------------------------------------

these <<starcraft total war>> and <<genghis khan total war>> map must be huge and the size of
    the battle will be huge too,base on the performance of today's PC,i think this force to be the
    future total war title....

CA please take a look on CIVIL WAR GENERALS 2:GRANT-LEE-SHERMAN!!!

IT IS A DAMN VERY GOOD OLD GAME!!!
    SKS Plays Civil War Generals 2 Gameplay: WAR! [Episode 1]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peOXXRQuFqU

(take a well look on the short combat's scene video clips!!!)

it got unit's supply and units's firearms upgrades to purchase at the firearm factory too!!!(1 more place to spent our precious gold/supply again!!!1 more strategic planning phase for financial planning part!!!)

hopefully there is mongol invasion (same as shogun 1 :total war)in shogun 2 :total war after become the Shogun of Japan and the total conquest and unification of whole Japan,invasion to Korea;after invasion and conquer of Korea,then invasion to China,to final war to the huge army of China!!!
    i want to spend my 5000,000 "money legion" and my 300,000 troops in korea and china!!

are there will be 1 day that CA will put ITEMS/ARTIFACTS buying in shogun2/shogun3's merchant?

i hope there will be,coz i love to buy items/artifacts in KOEI's Nobunaga's Ambitions 12:Kakushin /Iron Triangle,i hope i can enjoy shopping in merchant shop in the shogun2/shogun3's castle,buying items/artifacts.....

like buying better armor to better protection or increase hitpoint of generals by wearing it,increase general's attack by buying better katana,buying better horse to add safely retreat from battlefield for generals,buying translate copy of art of war of Sun Sze to increase command star or command radius,and so on so on.....
    Last edited by guineawolf; 05-17-2018 at 20:27.

i have play much shogun2:totalwar these days ,after watching explosion graphic effect of kisho ninja's explosive in this game,i think CA oredi can create CLOSE COMBAT:TOTALWAR about world war 2.....i beg CA to create it,coz i love this CLOSE COMBAT GAME!!!(TOO!INCLUDING TOTALWAR SERIES OF COZ!!!)

after watch the explosion of mortar in "Warhammer:TotalWar" from a youtube video ,that reminds me that may be the CA(Creative Assembly) can try to create a World War 2 totalwar game,it's original game was CloseCombat series.

The Close Combat 3:Russian Front and Close Combat 5:Invasion Normandy also got campaign map and battle map,but what i want more is the "numbers" and graphic that TotalWars have!And the 3D replay and combat feature in Company of Heroes series!

The only suggestion is to hopefully CA will take a look on CloseCombat3,CloseCombat5 and Company of Heroes 1 and 2.....i personally love the 120mm mortars in CloseCombat,it is my personal company's artillery!And the sounds of those tanks's gun in CloseCombat3.
    And the promotions of my Ranks(from CloseCombat3),from Lieutenant(lead 1platoon=5 squads) to Captain(a company's officer,leading 1 company=at least 3 platoon=at least 15 squad),from Captain to Major,and so on and so on...

And 1 last thing,hopefully CA will add reinforcement feature to these CloseCombat:TotalWar,like Rome:TotalWar,can sent in more troops after there is empty slot available after any unit is complete KIA.So we can continue the fight=the combat=the battle...and limited artillery support,air support,naval support by fire naval guns to create naval artilery support!!!to every battle!!!
    Last edited by guineawolf; 05-17-2018 at 20:36.

TOTALWAR:MEDIEVAL 2,try to take a look look on:
    1.)CRUSADER KINGS 2(Developer: Paradox Development Studio) and
    2.)STRONGHOLD:CRUSADER(this is a RTS game,a CASTLE SIM),Developer: FireFly Studios.
    3.)Genghis Khan 4 with power up kit(from KOEI).
    Actually i only interest with the CRUSADER KINGS 2's almost worldwide map...and STRONGHOLD:CRUSADER?It's auto resources collecting system is most welcome by me,after you build buildings,it's citizen will automatically go to work on resources collecting and manufacturing,if the worker get killed,there will be a new citizen go and replace that dead worker....

And the Genghis Khan 4 ?It can build cities and name them(like CIVILIZATION 4),
    it can train other faction's units after you capture other faction's city(and to train them in other cities,yo need to link them up with roads).
    It can stockpile the resources(if you can create a building for us(players)to collect resources and manufacturing goods like IMPERIALISM 2,then stockpile them,this is very important,coz these stocks can be spoils of war!!!The profit and fun of wars!!!) like horse,diamond,jewels,gold,silver and spices,iron,and manufacturing goods like clay pot of China or weapons,then to be trade with other cities(to do this,you need to create a trade caravan to load with cargo of goods,then travel to other city to trade for money!!!(of coz the trade caravan can be auto travel to other cities and trade)But your caravan can be raid by enemy that standing on your trade route...of coz it need a road to create a trade route...

TOTALWAR:MEDIEVAL 2 is good for it's unit's training system,like it only can train more troops in a city by upgrading city's barrack(bigger barrack train 2 to 3 units compare to smaller barrack train only 1 unit)and the units with losses of troops,can only be reinforce by merge with another units(more logical than TOTALWAR:NAPOLEON and TOTALWAR:SHOGUN2,coz the reinforce troops can be cut off by blocking the route by enemy units.)
    But i also hope that TOTALWAR:ROME can be mod again,modding to TOTALWAR:MEDIEVAL2's unit's training system and unit's reinforce system....of coz the training of new units will replenish the city's population.TOTALWAR:ROME also need a lot of distant cities that cannot be conquer to be trade routes of those cities at edge of the world map.Or set some trade routes like TOTALWAR:NAPOLEON,like Silk route,Spice route and others trade routes....

Third,TOTALWAR:EMPIRE can refer to IMPERIALISM2,EUROPA UNIVERSALIS series and VICTORIA series(i am interest with their map coz i can have plenty of colony.)by Paradox Development Studio

Fourth,the TOTALWAR:CLOSECOMBAT(can be refer to CLOSECOMBAT series and HEART OF IRON series by Paradox Development Studio),in this title,it can add the captured region can have some factory like tank factory,or other weapon factory that can let us control and produce tanks and ammunitions to repsupply our regiments,and perhaps a barracks that can let us replenish our regiments with new troops.Example:capturing a region with Tiger tank factory can let us produce Tiger tanks and equip them to our armor regiments,it is a spoils of war!!!or capturing tanks(tanks need crews!!!)in battle or station in the camp.

or TOTALWAR:WORLD at WAR can refer to COMMAND & CONQUER:GENERALS.And the tech tree for both TOTALWAR:CLOSECOMBAT and TOTALWAR:WORLD at WAR can be found in COMPANY OF HEROES series and COMMAND & CONQUER:GENERALS.

These games i suggested to take a look on can be view in STEAM....

I forget that there is a game almost similiar with TOTALWAR series(it also have campaign map and battle map!!!),that is BRAVEHEART,you can have a look on youtube,the link is (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUhAxg20weY),you guys must play it first to get known to it!!!This game also can be refer as TOTALWAR:MEDIEVAL2 REMASTERED!!!

And there can be also a TOTALWAR:ROME REMASTERED,larger map!more cities!better look of units!And movie clip events report(take a look on CAESER3)!These can be refer to Legion_Gold(Slitherine software presents)(http://www.slitherine.com/products/p...6&PlatformID=1).
    And hopefully the campaign will be start from the RISE of ROME!(before the romans still using greek phalanxe and being defeat and raid by CELTS,after that defeat and raid the romans start to using replubican legions,then the unification of Italy!after this,of coz the conquest of the world!)

And i have find out that there is 1 more era that you guys can create,that can refer to CHARIOTS OF WAR(also by Slitherine software).I suggest you guys take a look on this page=http://www.slitherine.com/products/?p=14&a=3

If these TOTALWAR games can add the history of these eras,then these games can be more educationing!

If you guys going to do the TOTALWAR:ROME REMASTERED....Please put in the campaign AI and battle AI of the bugless version 1.0 TOTALWAR:ROME,they are almost perfect version of TOTALWAR game!!!

at least the campaign AI of 1.0 know to use "NUMBERS"!!!They will attack you with multi stack of armies,not like 1.5,attack 1 by 1,and get slaughtered!

In battles,they will attack the player armies at once!!!(with all units,not like 1.5,only surrounding player's armies with units,but not co-attack!)With this tactics,it make me feel like i am on a real battlefield!(the only flaw is the generals's unit will always charge in the battle,very heroic!And get killed!Not like TOTALWAR:NAPOLEON;s general staff units will stay behind their armies and boost their morale.This flaw make me have to close the morale(FALSE the Morale in preferences file) and play like arcade,but at least it is better,coz the AI's armies prove more resistants and can kill more of my troops.....

The AI attack with multi stack of armies make us always have chances to fight in huge numbers of battles a lot!!!(at least total 10,000 troops fight and die!!!And i have fight a battle of Narbo_Martius that consist at least 20,000 Scipii Legion fighting the defenders of Narbo_Martius 25,000 of Julii Legion!This is yours perfect game!!!)

Sorry,it is 10,000 Scipii legion fighting 15,000 Julii legion,and won!!!
    And i still play morale at that battle...

I mentioned about CRUSADER KINGS 2,EUROPA UNIVERSALIS 4,VICTORIA 2 and HEARTS OF IRON 4,that is becoz i am interested with their huge maps!There are plenty of lands to conquer!
    And in BRAVEHEART,there are plenty of spoils of war!!!

If you can use the TOTALWAR:ARENA or TOTALWAR:WARHAMMER's graphic or engine to do the TOTALWAR:ROME REMASTERED,that will be perfect!!!Coz they are very beautiful!!!

Perhaps you guys are the group that can convert ROMANCE OF THREE KINGDOM 8 and 9(from KOEI) into TOTALWAR game!!!(ROMANCE OF THREE KINGDOM 8 is good becoz player can become not only a Lord but also a Retinue(a fellow officer).And good choices of units(a few kind of infantry and some cavalry to be choose!) to be recruit and train!
    And ROMANCE OF THREE KINGDOM 9?It got a almost complete list of ranks as promotion!

And convert the EMPIRE EARTH(a franchise of real-time strategy computer games developed by Stainless Steel Studios and Mad Doc Software) to TOTALWAR!
    The goodness of EMPIRE EARTH is it can changing era to another era,actually like CIVILIZATION series,can using laser shooting infantry to fight bowmens...

plz add the new spoils of wars=
    we can captured plenty of spoils of wars from the battlefield after every battle,from them,we can capture plenty of death soldiers's armors,weapons,supply and a lot others spoils of wars,plz CA let us automatically convert these spoils of wars into cash/gold after every battle into faction's income,ah! especially those enemy captives being sold into slavery that also can be turn into cash!

second,plz setting the agricultural income base on the size of the land size of the region,then the trade income base on the population size of the region,coz the market needs is base on the population size...
    Last edited by guineawolf; 05-19-2018 at 22:42.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567