Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Official Tanuki Tournament Thread

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Official Tanuki Tournament Thread - IN PLAY

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Do not worry.The tech admins will be soon enslaved. Chained down to the boiler room where they belong.
    Wait, you mean they're not there already? Darn it, guys, who let them out again??!?! You know they're not allowed to see sunlight - it gives them ideas.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Wait, you mean they're not there already? Darn it, guys, who let them out again??!?! You know they're not allowed to see sunlight - it gives them ideas.
    Just look at me and talk about them and their ideas! :P
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Just look at me and talk about them and their ideas! :P
    Hey, don't blame me for your new hue, that was therother. I would have just deleted you.

Its unfortunate that Monk is going to delete you on the battlefield, so i dont get that pleasure!
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Sheesh, the thanks I get for small mercies...
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

You are just making it worse for yourself.Once ive crushed your puny tech borg armies. This time you will only get diet Coke once a year in your "work place". Your reign of terror is about to end.Enjoy it while it last´s.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Content Manages vs. Tech Admins vs. Moderators ?
    I can predict who would win already

would be fun to do though hehe, maybe sc2 style. Have different teams and do player elimination, the team whose all players are eliminated loses

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi's innards
    Be at peace Kage. theothertechcow are only doing this because it is the only thing they CAN do to you - you won't be beaten on the battlefield by them. Oh, and sorry about the mess on your shoes.
    This space intentionally left blank

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Erm, that might have been my fault. I let therotter out of the boiler room because he said he couldn't load TWS2 on the amstrad CPC 464 we allow them in there. Something about cassettes not being available...
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Kage's restyled profile says more about therother than about Kage, I think.

I think it's safe to assume that therother secretly plays with My Little Pony while calling himself "Princess Cuddly Huggy Bear", wearing a pink dress, a curly blond wig and waving around a little plastic stick with a yellow, blinking star on it.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

That's some very specific imagery there Andrex. I'm guessing these are your experiences you are projecting onto me?

Naturally, I only restyled Kage's profile because he was bored with it and thought it needed sprucing up to reflect his more creative, feminine side. Sure enough, Kage seems delighted by the results. I think you are just jealous.

Last edited by therother; 06-15-2011 at 18:22.

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Allright, allright! I have dressed back my cowl and donned into my armour. Atleast now you can all appreciate what beautifull flower i am inside all this gear!
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

After two epic slaughters armies of Kage and therother camped for the night with one defeat suffered by both sides. Tomorrow morning the the epic third battle will commense once both sides are sober enough to fight! Attached the two replays.First one was classic with 14k where we slaughtered our armies almost to a man. Still therother´s Takeda was clearly the better one. The second was all melee. In that one Kage reigned supreme, while therother gave up after some serious slaughter.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 06-15-2011 at 20:15.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Go Kage!

You need to post an updated bracket. How else is a frog meant to choose a winner see who is still eligible to be her champion?
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    You need to post an updated bracket.
    I believe we are waiting for Andres vs khaaaaaaaaaaan before TC can load the bracket

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    I believe we are waiting for Andres vs khaaaaaaaaaaan before TC can load the bracket
    Yep. Once that match is fought, everything will go onto the automated system. I suppose I could do another manual bracket to show the current standings before then, but that smacks of effort. Only losers try. Winners (like me) succeed through pure talent, we don't even care.

Do you think I care about petty trivialities like reality and information? Or that I trouble myself keeping track of how many games are left to be played? My convenience is all that matters - you people are supposed to do all of that for me.

And who stole the animated princess smiley? I demand to know! It had a fluttering veil and I haven't used it in years, now it's gone. The current, not animated version is ugly. Honestly, here I am doing my best to graciously preside over your little battlefield nonsense and you keep on making things difficult. A less dedicated soul would give up.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Do you think I care about petty trivialities like reality and information? Or that I trouble myself keeping track of how many games are left to be played? My convenience is all that matters - you people are supposed to do all of that for me.

And who stole the animated princess smiley? I demand to know! It had a fluttering veil and I haven't used it in years, now it's gone. The current, not animated version is ugly. Honestly, here I am doing my best to graciously preside over your little battlefield nonsense and you keep on making things difficult. A less dedicated soul would give up.
    Why should I help you, you're not even rooting for me! My fans will receive all the blessing the Gods can provide in this mortal realm, but my critics will be forced to drink their own blood until they drown! I am not cruel, though, if anyone prefers I will permit the drowning to be done with chocolate milk instead.

I am not supporting anyone. Since you failed to arrange more ladies to sit in the fancy big box and wave handkerchiefs, I am more than a little overworked! :points to fancy mechanical contraption which waves a series of silk handkerchiefs: You would not allow me to borrow the hamster which powers the server so I have to pedal it myself!

"Froggy, you'll be treated like a princess," you said. "Everyone will fight in your honour," you said. "It will be fun," you said. "You can sit in the big fancy VIP only box," you said. "You'll have the best view and lots of tasty snacks and cool drinks provided by waiters," you said. "There will even be a big pile of books for you to read in the dull moments," you said. "You will be the grand lady of the org," you said. "You'll bring a sense of chivalric magic to the entire event," you said. Lies - nothing but lies! Here I am, stuck in a box with no books, no food, no company, arranging for handkerchiefs to wave and being oh so very gracious in the face of terrible strain. And I had to buy my own kimono!

Next time I don my armour and kill you all until you are dead.

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Greetings Froggy,

....arrange more ladies to sit in the fancy big box and wave handkerchiefs....
    Did you, by any chance, slightly misinterpret the time (by a few hundred years) and location (by a few thousand miles)?
    Here, let me take away your handkercief and present you this fan.

I do compliment you on your new kimono, though. An excellent piece of silk art.
    While we wait for the next match to happen, allow me, in the absence of books (what are books?), to entertain you with my skills in calligraphy.

Last edited by Nigel; 06-16-2011 at 19:20.

Aaaarghhh! Terrible trashing happened and my armies lie dead after night battle with terotero. From now on you can call me The .......... of therother.He will provide with replay as even my field photographers were slayed.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Truly, this Tech Admin virus must be stopped. Does the rest of the noble .Org staff not have a champion that can save all of us from their round-the-clock bragging?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

We played two battles: the first was aborted due to extreme lag. Both battles were gunpowder only, although of course ninjae were allowed!

Mushy's cannons and firerockets fought bravely, but were overrun by my samurai matchlock spam. In the meantime, there was a fun ninja battle in the 2nd replay.

Replays: therothervsKage.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Did you, by any chance, slightly misinterpret the time (by a few hundred years) and location (by a few thousand miles)?
    Don't be time-period-ist, this is a multi-period forum. I'm wearing a Japanese kimono, the box is medieval, and the books should be Roman and Greek translations - if they'd been delivered, which they have not. The peanut cannon covers the gunpowder era.

I shall accept your offer of calligraphy, however. It's bound to be more entertaining than the so-called battles.

(what are books?):
    The essential sustenance of a frog! A single day without access to a book will leave a frog demoralised, worn down, wilted, and depressed. Two days and symptoms expand to include restlessness, mental anxiety, and a feeling of deep soul-based hunger. Three days and ... well, most tragic. A correct amphibian living environment includes copious bookshelves, all well stocked.

Aaaarghhh! Terrible trashing happened and my armies lie dead after night battle with terotero. From now on you can call me The .......... of therother.He will provide with replay as even my field photographers were slayed.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahaha....

I have decided that my greatness is too great for this tournament. Indeed, since you are all unworthy of even being my enemies, I have, complelety, voluntarily and of course on purpose lost from 'khaans' cowardly tactics 2-0...
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

I am not supporting anyone. Since you failed to arrange more ladies to sit in the fancy big box and wave handkerchiefs, I am more than a little overworked! :points to fancy mechanical contraption which waves a series of silk handkerchiefs: You would not allow me to borrow the hamster which powers the server so I have to pedal it myself!

"Froggy, you'll be treated like a princess," you said. "Everyone will fight in your honour," you said. "It will be fun," you said. "You can sit in the big fancy VIP only box," you said. "You'll have the best view and lots of tasty snacks and cool drinks provided by waiters," you said. "There will even be a big pile of books for you to read in the dull moments," you said. "You will be the grand lady of the org," you said. "You'll bring a sense of chivalric magic to the entire event," you said. Lies - nothing but lies! Here I am, stuck in a box with no books, no food, no company, arranging for handkerchiefs to wave and being oh so very gracious in the face of terrible strain. And I had to buy my own kimono!

Next time I don my armour and kill you all until you are dead.
    You can have my head as apology for this great insolence, if someone can find it from the field. Its bloody dark there still. Maybe terotero can give it to you next morning?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Alright, with the Andres/khaan match resolved, the automated bracket will take care of the rest. The bracket can be seen here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/tourn...?do=view&id=25

I think I've set it up properly, but let me know if you see any errors.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast