Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Reports (Save Game thread)

Default Re: Reports (Save Game thread)

Assaulted and Occupied Kydonia. No personal claim to the land, giving it to King. I'll return to the homeland once the public order is at reasonable level.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fought.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	259.4 KB 
ID:	1876

Would like to personal funds to set up regional pacification in Kydonia, as well as queue up a Royal Stela to build next turn.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=205&id=9403

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Taking the save.

Default Chancellor Report, Autumn 262 BCE

Construction:
    In an attempt to open up spaces for natives in our armies, we are building and organizing recruitment facilities for them in Memphis.

A game field was finished in Alexandreia, and the merchant port in Salamis has been completed as well.

Recruitment:
    A unit of Prodromoi are being raised in Alexandreia for the Royal Army; in Damaskos and Sidon, a unit of Pantodapoi each has been raised for peace keeping purposes. Arabian light infantry has been raised in Palmyra itself for the same reasons.

Battles:
    Basileus Philadelphos Ptolemaios has defeated a band of rebels outside of Side. He suffered insignificant losses.

Lysimachos Ptolemaios has ignored his warnings and illegally attacked and occupied Kydonia.

Misc.:
    Basileus Philadelphos Ptolemaios has moved north, and the 1st Syrian has reached its destination in Ammonion. The garrison of Damaskos has moved over to Palmyra, and the garrison of Sidon has moved to Damaskos.

There's been rioting in Kydonia, and 155 citizens as well as 13 soldiers have died. As a result, the naval bay has also been damaged.

Meleagros Ptolemaios's wife has given birth to a daughter named Kreto.

New Save: KotN-262-4-1

Default Re: Chancellor Report, Autumn 262 BCE

Taking the save.

Our spy managed to successfully scout Sarpedon's army:

I've taken my army and three of the King's units from Palmyra and headed towards Antiocheia as quickly as possible. My retrained Ioudaioi Taxeis have also joined me from Damascos and along the way I have recruited a group of Galatian wildmen with the King's money.

KotN-262-4-2.rar

Takiing the save. (Not ending the turn, of course.)

Calculated the kingdom's coffers and moved diplomats around.

KotN-262-4-3

Taking the save.

Default Chancellor Report, Winter 262 BCE

Construction:
    Using his personal funds, Philadelphos Ptolemaios, the Basileus, improved the military training grounds in Alexandreia. For lack of funds, nothing else was started this season.

In Damaskos, the religious infrastructure has now successfully been expanded, and to its east a government has been established in Palmyra. Farming tools and techniques have been improved in Ammonion.

Recruitment:
    A unit of Galatian mercenaries has been hired temporarily for the defence of Antiocheia. However, as the city has fallen, they will now be used for its recapture.

Battles:
    Two battles have been fought this season. First off Sarpedon Syriakos assaulted the walls of Antiocheia and took the city. Retaking it will be so much harder now.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Lysimachos Ptolemaios' navy was once again attack by pirates, but was able to hold out for another victory.

Misc.:
    More rioting in Kydonia! This time the damage done was milder, though: 54 civilian deaths and 4 dead soldiers, and the conscription centre of the army was damaged.

Riots have also started in Palmyra. Four civilians dead, but as there were no soldiers present, no such casualties. No buildings damaged either.

New Save: KotN-261-1-1

Default Re: Chancellor Report, Winter 262 BCE

Taking the save!

Sire, I am glad to report the enemy at Antiocheia has been utterly destroyed in the field. Both enemy commanders were killed in battle and what few forces managed to escape have run east towards Edessa. Antiocheia's city gates are open, awaiting the return of the rightful King of Asia.

OOC: Now I do wonder, what to do with this? :D

So, I checked the rules and it says the adoption is up to the person who adopts me, but it doesn't say who that is. Then, I pressed escape to save and the screen disappeared. Balls. Maybe I can get it again if I re-do the battle?

Last edited by Folgore; 08-18-2011 at 14:24.

OOC: Ok, played it again. Didn't go quite as smoothly this time, but the result is the same. Enemy destroyed, Antiocheia empty, man of the hour. In this save I accept and I become the adopted son of Hermon Alexandreianos. No one plays this guy, so what happens now? I assume since this is between me and Hermon, I can accept and I do.
    Last edited by Folgore; 08-18-2011 at 14:56.

Yes, since no one plays him you can accept. If someone had it would've been his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    Yes, since no one plays him you can accept. If someone had it would've been his decision.
    Awesome. Thanks uncle. (You are my great-grandfather's brother-in-law!)

Right. My full report.

Unfortunately, I was not able to race to Antiocheia in time to stop Sarpedon from taking over the city. He and his cousin Milesios managed to take it without too many losses, occupying the city and killing our garrison. Although having helped to take the city, Milesios had no wish to stay there. Apparently unaware my men were right on top of him, he left the city for Babylon with nothing but his personal guard. I caught up with the fool while he was still in sight of the city. My cavalry easily outnumbered his small guard and killed all of them without any losses of my own.

Looking at the battle from Antiocheia's walls, Sarpedon had watched with horror as his cousin's severed head was held up for our troops to cheer at. In a fit of rage, he assembled his men and charged out of the city gates. Although outnumbering my men slightly, Sarpedon possessed three divisions of medium cavalry, while I only had two divisions of light cavalry. I set my troops upon a slight slope, phalanx in the middle, flanked on the right by my Jewish spearmen and on the left by the levy spearmen recruited for the defence of Palmyra. On the far left I positioned the King's Galatians. In the back, I held my slingers and javelin throwers. The Galatians proved their worth when the entire enemy cavalry force charged headlong into their formation and they bravely held the line. As my cavalry flanked the enemy line, Sarpedon was cut off from his troops, surrounded and killed. As soon as the news of their commander's demise spread, the enemy battle line turned into soup. All that was left was to mop up the remaining soldiers.

Though some enemy soldiers escaped, they made their way to Edessa, rather than Antiocheia, leaving the city completely empty. As I made my entry into the city, its people shouted their praise for their Pharaoh and his men and showered us with flowers. Feasting continues in the city to this day.

For my years of loyal service and spectacular victories, I have been adopted into the Royal Family by Hermon Alexandreios.

The 3rd Battle of Syria

KotN-261-1-2.rar
    Last edited by Folgore; 08-18-2011 at 16:46.

taking save

Eh, scratch that.
    Last edited by Paul D; 08-18-2011 at 16:35.

Taking the save.

Default Chancellor Report, Spring 261 BCE

Construction:
    After the recapturing of Antiocheia, there were a few structures that needed repairing. Among these the recruitment facilities, the walls and the Dioiketes' Palace were the worst off, and the kingdom has paid for their repairment. For obvious reasons, the previous government has been re-established as well, which also cost us some money.

Festivals are being planned and prepared. (OOC: city-state festivals added to the construction queue. :p)

Elsewhere, roads are being built in Salamis and a simple drainage is being constructed in Hibis to stabilize the population.

Recruitment:
    No new units have been raised, but the Galatian mercenaries hired last season have been disbanded.

Taxes:
    Taxes have been raised in Antiocheia, and lowered in Kydonia.

Battles:
    The 3rd Battle of Syria has been fought by Timon Arrhidaeos, in which two Seleukid generals lost their lives and Antiocheia was reclaimed.

Misc.:
    The Royal Navy has sailed south, and the king's prodromoi have left Alexandreia and will board the ships next season. The King himself has moved north into Galatia.

Palmyra has rebelled against us and joined the Saba, whom we are now at war with.

New Save: KotN-261-2-1

Default Re: Chancellor Report, Spring 261 BCE

Taking the save.

Seems there's not much I can do this turn...
    Last edited by Folgore; 08-19-2011 at 23:33.

Default Re: Chancellor Report, Spring 261 BCE

Taking the save.

Default Chancellor Report, Summer 261 BCE

Construction:
    There were new projects were started this summer. Paraitonion is getting a real port and Diospolis-Megale is having its trading dock expanded and improved, and Side is getting simple drainages.

On the completed side we can count roads in Salamis, as well as the expansion of the port in Sidon.

Recruitment:
    The Pantodapoi in Antiocheia have been retrained.

Diplomacy:
    Control over Kydonia has been given to our Greek allies; Lysimachos Ptolemaios has left the city and stationed himself on the westernmost tip of the island. In return, we were given map information.

Trade rights has been established with a far-off Iberian tribe, apparently known as the "Lusotannan".

Our new enemies, the As'Sab'yn wal'Jau have deviously formed an alliance with our other enemies, the Seleukids.

Misc.:
    Philadelphos Ptolemaios has moved closer to Ankyra, as the Royal Navy picked up his Prodromoi and began sailing north.

A new Seleukid army has entered Syria, though it only consists of a general and his bodyguard together with one unit. However, close behind follows another army, lead by another general, though it too is quite small, consisting only of four units.

Alexandros Thraikikos' wife has given birth to another daughter, this one named Myrtion.

New Save: KotN-261-3-1

Default Re: Chancellor Report, Summer 261 BCE

I am taking the save.

Sorry, scratch that, I will take it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Folgore; 08-21-2011 at 00:21.

Taking the save for real this time.

I've taken my horsemen, a unit of my sphendonetai and Toxotai Kretikoi and marched off to the Seleucid army commanded by Ammonios Dahaikos. He gives battle on top of a hill in northern Syria, but is too frightened by the sight of my approaching troops to fight and he is chased off the field with no casualties on either side. All the same, he is chased out of Syria completely. [I have now won 6 battles against our Seleucid enemy and have risen to the rank of Strategos Epilektos.]

I have the rest of my men in Antiocheia join me and I have my Ioudaioi Taxeis from Damascos march towards Antiocheia.

With the garrison in Antiocheia severely reduced, it will be necessary to reduce the taxes here to prevent riots.

The 4th Battle of Syria (if you can call it a battle)...

KotN-261-3-2.rar
    Last edited by Folgore; 08-21-2011 at 18:50.

Left Krete.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=205&id=9433

King, I suggest you should attack that Seleukid army to your south rather than go on that venture to Galatia.

Taking the save.

Default Chancellor Report, Autumn 261 BCE

Construction Report:
    In granary is being built to ease the lives and support the growth of the people of Side, in order to strengthen our hand in Mikra Asia, and in Salamis the religious infrastracture centred upon Asklepiou is being expanded to appease to local populace.

Celebrations for their Basileus and their liberation are now held in Antiocheia.

Taxes:
    Taxes have been lowered in Side.

Misc.:
    Basileus Philadelphos Ptolemaios has laid siege on Ankyra.

The Royal Navy has sailed north and will reach the shores of Side this winter.

New Save: KotN-261-4-1

Default Re: Chancellor Report, Autumn 261 BCE

Taking the save. Off to fight another battle, I think.

I have moved my Ioudaioi Taxeis from Damascos north to meet up with me and the rest of my forces.

With my army, I marched towards the Seleucid general and his band of mercenaries residing in northern Kilikia. They were determined to hold the mountain pass here, but they were utterly defeated and the general was killed. This, I believe, was the last Seleucid army in our empire. Our people can sleep safely tonight.

The battle of Kilikia

KotN-261-4-2.rar
    Last edited by Folgore; 08-22-2011 at 15:40.

taking save

moved closer to Asia Minor.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...205#linkid9436
    Last edited by Paul D; 08-23-2011 at 00:52.

Taking the save.

Default Chancellor Report, Winter 261 BCE

Construction:
    The religious infrastructure in Antiocheia are being expanded.

Misc.:
    Diospolis-Megale has grown to the point that the administrative infrastructure needs to be expanded.

New Save: KotN-260-1-1

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast