Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: It's a surprise mafia [Concluded]

Desynchronized Member robbiecon's Avatar

Default Re: It's a surprise mafia [Concluded]

Yay, I was on the winning side. Surprised I wasn't killed off, to be true. Which of my de-converts were actually successful?

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Default Re: It's a surprise mafia [Concluded]

This was a very strange game for me. I realized quite early that as a recruitable townie (and one who was never town in the game except for the first and last days of it), I had next to no incentive to do *anything* until the kills started -- I mean, what were the cults going to do against me if I was a pain in the tush? Throw rotten tomatoes? So I voted with my cult when it seemed I could do so without drawing too much negative attention, and when I couldn't, I just did nothing.

I've mentioned how TLD and MRD's use of my name in the Pepperoni QT hamstrung me with respect to them. It meant that, unless they were willing to out themselves to me (or potentially, if they gave me a new private QT link upon some future re-recruiting), I could never be of any real use to them in terms of information (unless in a single definitive move, which never materialized). I found that frustrating. When I was finally recruited to the Sausage Cult and given both private QT *and* a code name, I thought great, I'll work for this side instead, and I started pushing for information.

As I mentioned to Romanic at one point but could never really get into, I wasn't directly looking to know who the cult leaders were. Above all else I wanted to pick the winning side. And that meant I needed to know how each side was doing, with respect to each other and to the town. I would have been willing to work for a side that both had an effective plan and could find some way to include me in it, even if I might be temporarily recruited elsewhere once or twice. Romanic and Secura apparently either misunderstood me or couldn't figure out how to give me what I wanted (I'm not sure to what extent it was possible at all, given the setup), so when I was recruited right back to Pepperoni the next night I went with it. Romanic ultimately did claim to me, but his cult's weakness was too obvious and I didn't think I could win with them.

So I said what I said in public, and poof, when I woke up in the morning I was town again, and the sausage cult was gone. I spent most of the first "half" of the day prodding MRD for signs of pepperoni strength or weakness, then finally went looking -- for the first time all game -- for whom my erstwhile Pepperoni bosses actually were. When I figured that out, the way to go was obvious.

I enjoyed posing as the town recruiter, though. As everyone knows who got a PM from me, my point in doing so was just as a failsafe -- I was thinking that, with the town recruiter still alive and having shot straight the previous night (with me) while the Pepperonis had killed, that town had the better odds of victory even if I was wrong about MRD. So I wanted to die town. I could potentially cause the latter to happen and ensure the former by fooling the pepperonis about my role.

I still don't know who the town recruiter was.

Default Re: It's a surprise mafia [In Play]

Ah, it was you, robbie! I was, obviously.

Ah, good, good. I think I may have actually attempted to de-convert you earlier on as well.

If so I was never notified. I guess you must all have had priority rules in place to avoid simultaneous recruitment.

Did you start off as town? Perhaps I tried to de-convert you when you were a townie.

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

(You know the tune)
    "Don't cry for me I gooooot piiizza!"
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

Quote Originally Posted by robbiecon View Post
    Did you start off as town? Perhaps I tried to de-convert you when you were a townie.
    I started off as town, was converted to Pepperoni the first night, then remained Pepperoni for a time. The last three nights were Sausage, Pepperoni, and town conversions, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    I started off as town, was converted to Pepperoni the first night, then remained Pepperoni for a time. The last three nights were Sausage, Pepperoni, and town conversions, respectively.
    You really were the center of attention!

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romanic View Post
    You wouldn't appear anyway, not enough games yet (you need 10).
    Just a matter of time

Quote Originally Posted by robbiecon View Post
    Yay, I was on the winning side. Surprised I wasn't killed off, to be true. Which of my de-converts were actually successful?
    When should we have killed you? We were able to get in one kill and that needed to be the other cult

I would have been willing to work for a side that both had an effective plan and could find some way to include me in it, even if I might be temporarily recruited elsewhere once or twice.
    When you sent me the PM about where your bread was buttered I pondered for a moment to reveal to you and tell you I knew the sausage cult would die that night. I don't think the town would have figured us out without your help but I didn't know you had already found my identity at that point and, obviously, I didn't expect to get killed that night. Ah well... no point in asking "what if?" I really should start hosting games, I can't possibly lose then, can I?
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

At that point it wouldn't have mattered; with your death and my de-conversion there was no contest in the "what's best for Renata" competition.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Interesting game. I feel bad that I had to leave.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

At that point it wouldn't have mattered; with your death and my de-conversion there was no contest in the "what's best for Renata" competition.
    Yeah, I figured as much. The turning point was probably the round we lynched Romanic. I should have left my vote on Seon, even if it had meant to lose a recruit (which wasn't the case anyway). We could have killed them off later without me becoming a kill target.
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    Interesting game. I feel bad that I had to leave.
    You were our second to last recruit. Obviously, that would not have done us any good had you stayed and would have likley made us demise earlier

Just real bad luck with Renata. I had a wierd feeling about her being converted back to town, even mentioned it in the PM to her I think. I can't believe she lied to me....in a mafia game even
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617