Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Netherworld III: Final Judgment [Concluded]

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Netherworld III: Final Judgment [Concluded]

A young dark-haired girl, perhaps six or seven years old, was at a brisk walk, bare feet pattering on the stone floor. Her navy blue night gown flowed behind her, and was nearly caught as she carelessly slammed an oak door behind her as she entered a bedroom. She took a running leap onto a bed laden with soft, velvet, pale blue blankets.. Waiting, sitting on a white, wooden rocking chair next to the bed was a wrinkly, elderly man, with silver hair that looked preposterously windswept.

“Story time, story time!” The young girl chanted to the old man as she sat herself upright in her bed. “C'mon, granpa, its story time!”

The grandfather's blue eyes twinkled and a smile adorned his face. “Of course, sweety. What sort of story would you like tonight?”

“I want something exciting!” she proclaimed. “Something new! I don't want another story about a princess in a tower!”

“Well, my dear....” he pondered aloud. “Something exciting... something new....” his grin slid further across his face. “Would you like to hear a story about me?” He asked her.

“Aww, but you can be kinda boring, granpa,” she pouted a bit.

“Oh, right, of course... I was being silly. You wouldn't want to hear it anyways. Might be too scary. Lots of angry spirits, and vengeful gods. Plus,” he looked at the sun nearly set outside a window on the far wall. “It would take you far past your bed time, and daddy wouldn't like that at all, would he?”

“Oooh, oooh, tell this story! Please, please, pleeaase!” The girl held up her hands in a pleading position and smiled at the grandfather with all the baby-toothed charm she could muster. He could only chuckle.

“Oh, well, I suppose, my dear.... if you insist. But this,” he leaned in with a wink, “will be our little secret. No telling daddy, alright?”

She nodded furiously, “You bet, granpa!” With a quick flutter, she nestled herself deep into the blankets before giving her grandfather a last nod.

Alright, pumpkin. Long ago, the world was very different from today. People here on earth, when they were done here, were judged. If they were good, nice people, they went to be with the gods, in heaven. But, if they were mean, bitter people, they were punished, in the Netherworld, by demons. If they were punished, they would be sent back here, until they could show they could be nice to everyone. But the ruler of the Netherworld was selfish and greedy. He tried to make everyone go to the Netherworld. The Gods were angry about this, so they sent their own to get everyone back. But in the end, the ruler was overthrown by his own demons, one known as Hades.

But the Gods weren't done. When they tried to get the souls back, they took Hades' old realm between earth and the Netherworld. Hades wanted it back, of course, so he sent what he could to do just that. While the Gods and Demons were fighting, they awakened an ancient, powerful foe, Angra Mainyu. Mainyu had been in wait for thousands of years after being banished. He took the land between earth and the Netherworld. The Gods and Demons continued their battle anyways, thinking he wasn't important. Then, in a single day, Angra Mainyu unveiled his plan. In a single day, Gods and Demons alike turned on the Heavens and Netherworld and joined him, and he took the city of Babylon and all its empire, in just one day. He vowed to rule the Earth, the Netherworld, and the Heavens, all as one. Now, what remained of the Netherworld and Heavens had to finally put their battle aside and unite against their common enemy. So, they each sent a small group of their most valorous members to Babylon, to take Angra Mainyu out of power while the armies clashed. Nobody knew for sure what would happen, except that when it was finished, a whole new world would be born.

“But what do you have to do with this, granpa?” She asked.

That, my dear,” he answered with another wink. “Will be shown soon enough....

Welcome to the Final Judgment, the last installation of the Netherworld series. Netherworld Mafia was the first large game I hosted here at the .org, and despite flaws, it remains something I'm proud of. It introduced a couple new concepts to Mafia here, and the players in the game ran with it with gusto. It was a fair bit later that I decided to continue the story started by the first game. Partially because it occupies a soft spot in my heart, but also because I simply have a love of the various concepts different peoples have considered for the afterlife. Simply, the stories of gods and goddesses, heroes and villains, have always enthralled me. Now, I feel like I want to give the story a proper send off. I'm honored that I can get the chance to do so during the Gameroom Anniversary celebration. If you want a bit of extra insight into how this game will be structured, the first two games of the series will give you a good idea.

One and Two

In short, here's a description of how the game will run. The invading forces of the Netherworld and the gods will be the mafia, in this game. The forces of Angra Mainyu, in pursuit of planar unification, will be town. There will be one main mafia faction, consisting of four players. Their goal will be the extermination of all town forces and all neutral roles which may have conflicting victory conditions. There will be a number of pro-town roles, including at least one doctor, one watcher, a mason group, and a couple 'variety' roles to compliment the 'normal' townies. Lastly, as always, there will be a couple independent roles. These may have their own victory conditions, or may be able to tie themselves to a group(town or mafia). Generally speaking, I reserve the craziest of my ideas for neutrals, since they tend to start alone and have the hardest challenge for winning, so the independent roles might be a cult or a dragon or a shark with laser beams or anything else my brain has spawned. The main thing to expect is a fair bit of chaos and ambiguity. I rarely give yes/no or black/white answers to questions. Many roles which will have hidden abilities. If they do, you will never be told them by me, but with some homework, you may be able to guess on your own what they are. Some roles may gain or lose powers based on game events. If your role changes in this manner, I will inform you. Lastly, its a guilty pleasure of mine to confuse players, particularly pro-town networks. Make sure to take care of who you trust.

The game will begin with a night phase, after which, the town will vote to lynch in traditional mafia fashion.

Rules:

NO QUOTING PMS, NO QUOTING CHATLOGS, NO SCREENSHOTS, NO ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS, AND NO TRANSLATING PM'S-You may claim whatever you want, including role name, so long as you don't quote my PM's word for word, or very close to word for word.

The dead cannot reveal anything, including previous night actions, but they may participate as much as they want to contribute to general discussion. The dead also may not communicate outside the thread in any way, shape, or form relating to this game, be it via PM, chat, quicktopic, or other. Please, please follow the spirit of this rule and do not try and bend around it with technicality. I will not be pleased.

I do not allow Vote: No Lynch as an option. You may abstain, however.

If you wish to take back a vote, you CANNOT do it by editing a previous post. I will not count it. Period. You must unvote in the style of unvote: GeneralHankerchief in order to recant the previous vote. In order to vote for someone, you must do so in the usual Vote:issaikhaan style. Votes must be bolded, for reference.

WoKs(Wrath of Khaan) will occur if a person does not vote 3 rounds in a row, or if they do not vote in 4 rounds in total. Please, please don't make me WoK you. It won't be a pretty death.

Suicides will only be allowed in the event of a person being very much unable to participate in the game. I do not allow suicides for any other reason.

No links to anything outside of this thread. Period. I don't care if it pertains to something completely irrelevant.

It would be very helpful for the sake of my sanity if player's kept a tally running.

If you help keep tally, please double check accuracy.

Voting periods will be 24 hours, though I may occasionally extend it to 36 if necessary.

Any ties in voting will await someone to break it. First vote to either person who is tied will result in lynch, regardless of any posts after it.

Play within the spirit of the game, pun intended. That is, play to your objectives. Play in good faith, not to screw with the host or other players, but in a way that someone who would want to win would.

HAVE FUN!

I have designed this game in mind for forty players. I can tweak it for if we are a bit under or over, but I would very much like to hit forty. So, sign up, tell your friends, tell them to tell friends, stalk strangers, whatever.

Current Signup List: 40/40

Andres
    Arjos
    Askthepizzaguy
    Autocylus
    Believer
    Beskar
    B_Ray
    Captain Blackadder
    Chaotix
    Choxorn
    Classical Hero
    Dcmort
    Death is Yonder
    Diamondeye\
    Double A
    Earthling
    Fluffy
    Johnhughthom
    GeneralHankerchief
    Glyphz
    God Emperor
    Ironside
    Khazaar
    Reenk
    Renata
    Riedquat
    Robbiecon
    Romanic
    Secura
    Seon
    SoulBlade
    TheLastDays
    TinCow
    Tratorix
    Visorslash
    Warman
    Woad&fangs
    White Eyes
    Yaropolk
    Zach
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 07-29-2011 at 23:34.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Default Re: Netherworld III: Final Judgment [Signups]

First in.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Very interesting.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Into the Abyss!
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

IN

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

In. Hopefully I won't end up as an early target yet again.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Shouldn't but what the hell. In.

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Hopefully I don't die so early this time around.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    WoKs will occur if a person does not vote 3 rounds in a row, or if they do not vote in 4 rounds in total. Please, please don't make me WoK you.
    Can I preorder a Wok with Thai Chicken Curry?

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    Can I preorder a Wok with Thai Chicken Curry?
    Only if you upgrade to the special deluxe edition. It costs 20 bucks extra and comes with a hand-drawn map, audio score, and the creation commentary dvd.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

In.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

YES
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aww yeah.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Oh, fine, I suppose I'll play...

Desynchronized Member robbiecon's Avatar

In, as well

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

In please
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Ayuh.

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Ayuh.
    Bless you!
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

If I must.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*sigh*.

In

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

In
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

In.

The Pony Whisperer Member Believer's Avatar

Believer believes in this.
    Believer says (11:06):
    Can I have the 3 last replies as a signature?
    ATPG says (11:06):
    No.
    Believer says (11:06):
    Why?
    ATPG says (11:06):
    not org-appropriate
    Believer says (11:07):
    Nothing we say is org-appropriate

Intriguing! I'll have to read up on the past two games. Sounds great!

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

In.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Blog Entries

In, plox.

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post
    Intriguing! I'll have to read up on the past two games. Sounds great!
    Same here...

I CAN HAZ INNAGE PLZ?
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

I spy the evil peoples Senior Member Romanic's Avatar

Is this another game without death reveals?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanic View Post
    Is this another game without death reveals?
    My game has them... just saying...

Sorry khaan, off to stalk some strangers for you now

Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast